Royal Gossip
May 24, 2018, 01:10:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL: Statue for Diana at KP  (Read 2627 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2018, 10:34:45 pm »

Here's hoping the new statue will be a great likeness of Diana.
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2018, 01:22:13 pm »

It will no doubt people a focus for Markle supporters and Sugars who still cannot move on from Diana's divorce from Charles.   eating cookies
sandy
Princess

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2018, 04:32:17 pm »

I don't think necessarily those who like Diana also like Meghan and vice versa.

IMO Diana is very much deserving of that statue. And it's about time. It is not a matter of  not "moving from the divorce" because Diana was divorced the year before she died and was working on a new role for herself with charities and causes. Plus she will always be mother of William and Harry and grandmother of Charlotte and George.

There are always "sugars" but some of them I would say some are also huge fans of Charles and Camilla and staunch royalists. There are "sugars" who ardently want Charlotte to look just like the Queen as well.

And some people who like Diana are disappointed in the work ethics of her sons and her daughter in law. People admire Diana which is just fine with me.

I think it is sad that the new generation lacks work ethic and the interest in charity and causes that Diana had.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2018, 04:04:45 am »

Diana was the mother of one future King and grandmother to another. It makes sense to honor her in some public way.
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2018, 10:30:51 pm »

Has there been any declaration of what will be written on the plaque of the statue?

Really A Baron
sandy
Princess

« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2018, 12:06:47 am »

NOthing reported yet. Unless the name and date of birth and death. Or perhaps a quote from a speech re: her charity work.
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2018, 11:20:46 pm »

A quote from Princess Diana's charity work to be placed on the plaque would be a touching tribute.

Really A Baron
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: