Royal Gossip
December 14, 2017, 03:02:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL: Statue for Diana at KP  (Read 1548 times)
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2017, 05:25:20 am »

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo sick and tiiiiiiiiiiiiiired of hearing/reading/etc about Princess Diana.... OMFG! enough already!!! make it stop already!!!!  No Mas!!!! Finito!!! Shocked Just stop it! Shocked  so I can see she has many fans... flower I am soooooooooooo just not one of them. Sorry, mini rant is over... :-Xcarry on Lips Sealed thankyou for listening.... Kiss

Why come to the Diana section then.?    dontknow

deGuernsey
Countess

Veux-tu m"epouser - oui!!!

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2017, 03:58:05 pm »

^ I don't. I read the 'most recent posts on the forum ' section so I see the last one hundred or so posts here and besides it isn't just here on forum. Publications print about PD, too, and I while I say to each his own there comes a time to move on. I sometimes feel for herrelatives having to see so much on her must have been hard. For me, I can oll my eyes and turn my head but then after so much of it I have a mini rant aand then back to the ignoring again.

Barnabe et Kitty...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2017, 04:08:14 pm »

Diana is here to stay so to speak. Her critics and her admirers will both keep on writing books.  There were people long gone in the miniseries the Crown but it was a big hit and it won awards. Princess Margaret's story was a large part of the miniseries. What should be hard on Diana's relatives is the thrashing she takes by poison pen writers such as Penny Junor.
deGuernsey
Countess

Veux-tu m"epouser - oui!!!

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2017, 04:19:32 pm »

Yes, she is but the Cult of Diana shouldn't be... it's nothing to do with any of you guys/gals on this forum thankfully. Sandy, I haven't read any of those poison pen books but I have heard they give her a right bashing.  dontknow What a horrible situation that was and unfortunate for everyone esp the two boys.... gives me the willies just thinking about it I don't need to read any of the books about any of the people in that mess up. nervous

Barnabe et Kitty...
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2017, 07:43:49 pm »

William and Harry should pay for the statue and be done with it. As for the Cult of Diana, yeah, I think it's getting ridiculous. She's been dead twenty years and in my honest view, she lived a privileged life where she did not deal with her indignities with zero support system and living in poverty.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2017, 08:58:15 pm »

Well there are "cults" of royals dead centuries ago. For instance there were tons of Anne Boleyn biographies and historical fiction and movies just over the past few years. Henry VIII would have been shocked because he thought nobody would think of Anne since she was in his eyes "disgraced."  Diana also is the mother of William and Harry and grandmother of George and Charlotte. Better a cult of Diana than a cult of Carole. LOL.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2017, 08:37:38 pm »

William and Harry should pay for the statue and be done with it. As for the Cult of Diana, yeah, I think it's getting ridiculous. She's been dead twenty years and in my honest view, she lived a privileged life where she did not deal with her indignities with zero support system and living in poverty.
their darling dearest granny wants the people paying for the renovation at BP, when the palace isnt open the whole year (as it should to be)... at least, this statue is going to be PUBLIC for the people
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2017, 04:47:22 am »

Harry and William are freeloading just as much and frankly it disgusts me. They could open their wallets for a nice, dignified statue of their mother, but instead they go cap in hand begging a struggling public for funds to glorify their long dead mother, who both have turned into a psychological fetish and excuse to mess up their lives and the lives of others. It's not like they can't afford it. Thousands of pounds in bar tabs and go figure, can't pony up for a statue?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2017, 10:26:34 am »

Quite honestly I find it sick and creepy.  The thread starts with

At last... a statue that will let the boys gaze at Diana every day: William and Harry reveal plans for a new memorial to the 'people's princess' 20 years on from their mother's death

For goodness sake, why don´t they grow up.  Why, oh why, would you want to see a statue of your long dead mother every day, very macabre.  I was a Diana liker, and still am, yes, I know her faults, but I did like her.  However, a park or some such, as awful as it was, was made in her rememberance and left to go to rack and ruin.  Now, 20 years later, they want to resurrect it all again and stick up a statue of the poor soul.  Why can´t they let her rest in peace.

We have two grown men, and both, especially bill medd, still appear to want to ride on her coat tails.  The Diana card has been used to often it wore so thin it has disintegrated.  The only thing I can think of is to resurrect Diana again, via the statue, with a view to getting the Diana sympathy vote back.  Ah, poor boys, motherless, give them a break, excuse them anything and everything, they had a hard life.

Breaking news  -  Diana died 20 years ago, those two pathetic apologies for adult men had everything - homes, excellent schools, family and friends to support them, finanical support if they wanted grief counselling, as much of it and for as long as it was needed, money no object.  This riding on the coat tails of their mother has become pretty boring.  Many other children their ages lost their mothers, some natural causes, some accidents, come violent endings, and their families had no money to spare, struggling to keep body and soul together to keep the household going.  Going home to an empty house because Dad was at work earning the money to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table. Counselling, heavens no, no money for a day at the seaside, let alone long term counselling.

I am sorry, as I said, I likd Diana, and still do, but this sick disease they have of trying to ride on her coat tails at every tiff and turn when they want an excuse for something does not make them appear to be sensible, adult people who have grown up and come to terms with their loss.  Bill much much worse than haza. And how he can to to these mental health events and say he knows exactly how this little children under 10 feel when they lose their mother to cancer, or some awful disease, is beyond me.  He has no idea at all, sad as it is to say, because yes, he did lose his mother tragically, but so do the others, and they had/have no support or financial backing that those two had, far from it. Cry me a river, I think his is just going too far, a statue they can see every day. Why, have they forgotten about her, she should be in their minds and memories without a cold statue to remind them she was their mother.

Might have understood better if it was a government/council thing, but as their choice it does not sit well, or look good.  Evern worse if they don´t want to pay for it, good old taxpayer, we always scam them, let´s continue and keep our money in our vaults, greedy little pigs that they are.

Sorry if I offend anyone, this is purely my own take and feelings on the matter, and no matter what anyone says my opinion will not change.  Definitely not anti Diana at all, still think of her very fondly, but IMO she spawned, sadly, two good for nothing male offspring who only want to laze around, do nothing and live the luxurious lifestyle at the expense of your everyday worker, the poor souls who have to eke a living whilst paying tax, which includes paying those two vile lounge lizards to live the good life doing nowt to earn it, esecially bill medd, where we have to fund the sprogs, the medds et al.  Can´t bvelieve they are resurrecting all this.  Why not have a statue made and stick it in their own back garden, they can see her 243/7 then can´t they, sad pair together those two.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2017, 10:50:08 am »

I'm sick of it too; one thing to write books about her, one another to dedicate their lives and very identity to her is another. I think a huge reason that they are both a mess is because in her own way, Diana was a mess at all. She wasn't making the right decisions regarding her life choices near the time of her accident.

kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2017, 02:43:17 pm »

It isn't nice thing when they bring up Diana's memories to popularize themselves. They should grow up!

sandy
Princess

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2017, 12:55:22 am »

Diana was not just their mother, she was a very popular royal. Other royals have had statues.  While I admit the boys play the Diana card, I don't think the statue is a bad thing. DIana was not with her sons for 20 years so I find it difficult to blame her for their bad choices. She tried in the time she had on earth to encourage them to be interested in charity work and encouraged them to look to their future heritage (William as King and Harry to support him).William in particular skewed her message, cherry picking charities that were "fun" and avoiding more serious ones. His idea of playing normal was playing with big toys (copters) at a helicopter ambulance base in a job designed just for him. I see him as very selfish. I am sorry Diana is vilified for their bad choices. I do blame the Queen who is in charge and should have been giving them work they were expected to complete before giving away awards and expensive homes (I am speaking of William here). Charles also should have pushed his son to work instead of putting in all the time in on Camilla (who may retire from work inevitably--she does the minimum now and is no spring chicken). But now they are grown ups and responsible for their own choices.  They are a mess because they are lazy and have been coddled (which many royals have been). I don't see Diana as a "mess." She had a really awful life and married into a family that treated her like dirt. Too bad she did not have years ahead of her after she moved on. After taking her sons to charities at homeless shelters to help out, William just mumbles some years after she died  that he "barely" remembers helping out (I guess too many years of falling out of clubs eroded his memory).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 12:57:55 am by sandy » Logged
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2017, 01:38:07 am »

Here's my two cents ..

If the British Royal Family had done the right thing by Diana in the first place there would not be all this fuss now.

Refusing to mention her name at Sunday morning prayers when she died was spiteful and heartless, refusing to come down for her funeral until the last minute was deplorable.  

This family did not support this woman as a young bride, and they knowingly turned a blind eye to Charles and his married s e x partner.  

Their inability and stubborn refusal to recognise the grief of a nation and others around the world was appalling.

Years after her death they finally "allowed" a ditch to be built in her memory  the Queen said at that time to her family , "Are you happy Now". ?

The refusal of Charles to directly address the nation as to his behaviour in the marriage and pushing forward of Camilla really got people's backs up.

The continual onslaughts by Camilla and Charles supporters on any article about her also brings people out who won't tolerate such nastiness.

I am sorry that a dead young mother bothers people so much,  she will be mother to one King and grandmother to another King.  That's if Charles can hold on to any public support, and that is doubtful.

ps Charles and Camilla would be delighted if everyone just forgot about her, and that is not going to happen.  There will always be three in that marriage.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 01:44:34 am by Tatiana » Logged

sandy
Princess

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2017, 02:29:51 am »

I agree. I think it is no coincidence that Penny Junor's book about Camilla as is Sally Bedell Smith's book about Prince Charles are coming out soon. More Diana bashing. I find it ridiculous that Charles is so desperate he has blurbs in the DM about how Trim, Stunning and Glamorous Camilla is.

What is laughable is that Charles friends try to make Diana seem "mad" and "troubled." Yet Charles to me is a weirdo--evidence is his authorized biography which he whines and complains and blames others for his own stupidity. He confesses he was "too young" to marry Camilla after they shared weekends at Broadlands where he followed his great uncles advice for Charles to sow wild oats. He got obsessed with a  woman who looked like his nanny and would not drop her. He marries Diana and is "outraged" when she complains about the other woman and some try to justify it because Diana "should have known" that Princes "must have" mistresses forgetting that not all Princes behaved like Charles did. ANd Diana is chided about "upstaging" the Prince, ignoring that the odd Prince got jealous from the get go of a teenage girl that the public took to (he started the moaning on their very first walkabout as an engaged couple).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 02:36:03 am by sandy » Logged
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2017, 07:02:36 am »

^^ thumbsup  Well said and true for me as well.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2017, 12:47:46 pm »

It is telling that no one in the aristocracy/gentry went out of their way to develop any kind of relationship with the princes and no powerful American family put their daughters in a position to meet either one of them. The princes socialized with Europeans, but no news of either courting a titled young European.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2017, 01:31:03 pm »

^ Prince Charles was and is friendly with many aristocrats and members of the gentry. The Princes practically grew up with the van Cutsem boys and Hugh van Cutsem was a member of the Norfolk gentry. William and Harry knew/know the Duke and Duchess of Northumberland and their four children, including Missy, who was such a good friend to Chelsy. Harry, William and Chelsy were at Missy's wedding.

The late Duke and the Duchess of Westminster and their children, including Hugh, the new Duke, were known to the Princes. I think Harry was at Hugh's 21st birthday. Lady Natasha Rufus Isaacs and her brother Jules, Viscount Erleigh are/were in Harry's social circle. They are the children of the Marquess of Reading.

Edwina Palmer, the daughter of Lord Palmer, was a friend of William's. The Abbey was absolutely packed on William's wedding day with old Etonian friends from school and their sisters, who were related to the aristocracy and gentry. William and Harry knew and know a lot of the aristocracy. It's been said that Harry dated Lady Natasha Howard of the Duke of Norfolk's family for a while.  So there were plenty of opportunities for the Princes to marry young  women in those circles if they had wanted.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2017, 02:05:28 pm »

Off topic.  YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2017, 12:44:47 am »

Diana was instrumental in bringing about a ban on landmines,  she highlighted leprosy and HIV... for those reasons alone she deserves some recognition.

She did all this whilst living in the most trying circumstances.   God Rest Her Soul.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: