Royal Gossip
November 22, 2017, 07:01:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL: Statue for Diana at KP  (Read 1501 times)
dianab
Countess

« on: January 28, 2017, 11:24:57 pm »

At last... a statue that will let the boys gaze at Diana every day: William and Harry reveal plans for a new memorial to the 'people's princess' 20 years on from their mother's death

-William and Harry announce plans for permanent memorial at Kensington Palace
-Statue, commissioned by the princes, comes 20 years after their mother's death
-Memorial to be built at Kensington Palace so both can see it from apartments
-Committee already appointed to help chose sculptor and raise funds for project
-Star-studded committee to be overseen by former Private Secretary , Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, and include Diana's elder sister, Lady Sarah McCorquodale
-Statue hoped to be in place by the end of the year - along with memorial garden

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4167518/William-Harry-reveal-plans-new-memorial-Diana.html#ixzz4X6N3ApjC
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 12:50:37 am »

It's about time. Just don't invite Camilla to the dedication.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 06:31:55 am »

It will an improvement on the "ditch".   The Queen said to Diana's family when that ditch was opened  " I hope you are happy now".   I thought it rather unkind.

dianab
Countess

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 10:34:33 am »

It's about time. Just don't invite Camilla to the dedication.
I hope no Windsor be there (except her sons and grandchildren)... they all think the same of hers...  they all think she was a crazy woman because she didnt accept her husband having a affair and just marrying her for ceremonial purposes.... a centuries long tradition
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 11:36:42 am »

This is why no one decent wants to marry into that family. Diana came from a long line of aristocrats and look how they treated her. No one of any sense would want their own daughter to be treated like this.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 02:21:35 pm »

It is time to do it and I also hope it will has an effect on her sons.

india
Princess

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 10:43:30 pm »

Her sons should pay for it.
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 01:59:50 am »

I just imagined what a statue of Kate would look like  laugh

I haven't played since I stopped
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 03:50:32 am »

yes Harry and Will should pay for it - make a gift to the people of it.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 09:24:35 am »

Did Charles or The Queen pay for the Queen-mother's statue?
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 09:30:36 am »

This is a bit of a grey area because Diana wasn't royal at the time of her death, but the QM was. I am not sure who paid/will pay for the statues.  dontknow
sandy
Princess

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 02:44:53 pm »

Well the irony there is that after Diana died all of a sudden she was a "royal" and they made decisions on her behalf. Including her ex husband going to get the body. And the decision to embalm the body. Now she is not royal when it comes to a statue. I think the royals are hypocrites.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 03:39:16 pm »

What a fundraiser's dream this remembrance of Diana could be.  The world at large would support William and Harry's efforts far beyond their expectations.   They don't have to pay for the whole thing themselves, but a starter fund would enhance any monies derived after-the-fact.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
deGuernsey
Baroness

Gra

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 04:51:39 pm »

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo sick and tiiiiiiiiiiiiiired of hearing/reading/etc about Princess Diana.... OMFG! enough already!!! make it stop already!!!!  No Mas!!!! Finito!!! Shocked Just stop it! Shocked  so I can see she has many fans... flower I am soooooooooooo just not one of them. Sorry, mini rant is over... :-Xcarry on Lips Sealed thankyou for listening.... Kiss

Barnabe et Kitty...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2017, 06:23:02 pm »

I think it about time. If you don't like Diana, then skip over the articles. I feel the same way you do but about Camilla. And I would avoid stories of the inevitable unveiling of her statue.
Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2017, 07:12:37 pm »

^^I am also not a big Diana fan. I think her name/image is being used too much by William in order to remind the public that they should excuse everything he does/doesn't do simply because of who his mother was. I think it is just too much.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 07:17:47 pm »

I agree. But I blame William for playing the Diana card. Diana clearly did not want him to disappear from royal duties and play normal. He just skewed her message and oddly enough claimed he "barely remembered" going with her to homeless shelters (and he was about 12 so  he should have remembered). And he mostly ignores Centrepoint concentrating on "fun" events. I think Diana light years better than Camilla. William has played a lot of "cards" to keep from doing much work (even the "being with the children card" which seems to be the excuse du jour).
Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 07:30:09 pm »

^True, so to me this statue is less a poignant tribute to a lost mother than a publicity stunt... I could be wrong of course, but IMO William and Harry need to remember the good times with their mother (preferably in private) and move on as she would want them to do.
deGuernsey
Baroness

Gra

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2017, 08:02:49 pm »

I think it about time. If you don't like Diana, then skip over the articles. I feel the same way you do but about Camilla. And I would avoid stories of the inevitable unveiling of her statue.
I never, ever waste my time reading about Diana-syndrome but I AM tired of people pumping out articles about this woman for whatever their reasoning  $$ ... it's just enough already. I, like any people, grew tired of her long before she died and my gosh it continues. It just goes on and on and on and... stop let her and us rest already... stop

Barnabe et Kitty...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2017, 08:13:31 pm »

I'm afraid it won't, there will still be both pro and con Diana books coming out. In fact, Penny Junor is writing a biography of Camilla which I am sure will include a big Diana bashing session. I think Diana is trashed to try to elevate C and C. I think Diana is like Jackie O. and to this day she has books and movies about her (e.g. the one starring Natalie Portman).
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: