Royal Gossip
December 13, 2018, 01:45:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen of Wimbledon? - Kate to become Wimbledon Ambassador  (Read 10051 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2013, 02:23:58 am »

something tells me they might not have a choice but to put up with flakey somehow...

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2013, 10:59:32 am »

IMO because HM failed to stop their rise, we will now see one citidal after another fall to her and her family.  Only their exposure will halt it now..  WHERE'S THAT BOOK???
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2013, 05:57:02 pm »

http://www.royalcentral.co.uk/cambridges/the-duchess-of-cambridge-to-become-wimbledon-ambassador-10247?fb_source=pubv1

The Duchess of Cambridge is set to become the official Royal ambassador for the Wimbledon tennis championships.

The Duchess is a fan of the game and has been a frequent spectator in the Royal Box on Centre Court since her marriage to the Duke of Cambridge in 2011.  She accepted an honorary membership of Wimbledon’s All England Club in January 2013.  A spokeswoman for Buckingham Palace stated:  “The Duchess was pleased to accept the kind offer, particularly given her interest in tennis.”

As the Royal ambassador, one of her duties will be the presentation of the trophies, a task which is currently being carried out by the Duke of Kent, President of the Wimbledon All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club.

The Royal family have a long history with the tournament.  The first visit was made by the Prince of Wales and Princess Mary on the 29th of June 1907, when the Prince accepted the position as President of the club and began the relationship between the Royal family and Wimbledon that continues to this day.

Since the Royal couple are expecting their first child in July, it is unlikely that the Duchess will be seen courtside during this year’s Wimbledon fortnight.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2013, 06:29:12 pm »

Poor Duke of Kent

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2013, 06:30:25 pm »

I hope that she does show up at Wimbledon.  It would be a riot seeing her sit all hoity toity in the royal box with her fake baby bump. I don’t understand why any one would give her this honor. This work-shy person giving out the awards to hard working athletes is quite a joke to me. I can’t imagine the Duke of Kent being pleased at all.  bignono
Wasn't this posted last year: that she'd be an ambasador?

Keep Calm and Carry On
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2013, 06:45:26 pm »

I've merged similar topics in one.

However, it's not the topic to use if she attends Wimbledon, if she does then open a new thread. This one is for her role in the tournament and similar things. Hope you like it this way.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2013, 07:17:12 pm »

Yet another taxing job....turning up with her sister to watch the tennis in the Royal Box and getting all dolled up to give out trophies. It's a hard life. Meanwhile her handful of charities are being neglected. If you're only going to select a few charities, give them the time they deserve.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2013, 08:28:57 pm »

Wasn't this posted last year: that she'd be an ambasador?

Yeah; it didn't happen last year because of hte negative reaction.

So now she's usurping the Duke of Kent's role that he has had for so long; she likes to take things that belong to other people doesn't she?

I hope that she does show up at Wimbledon.  It would be a riot seeing her sit all hoity toity in the royal box with her fake baby bump. I don’t understand why any one would give her this honor. This work-shy person giving out the awards to hard working athletes is quite a joke to me.

It'll just make her image worse; she's going to end up getting scathing comments about how she can do this, but not charity.

I can’t imagine the Duke of Kent being pleased at all.  bignono

I wager Princess Michael is outraged on her husband's behalf; they do their part for the RF and Princess Michael is someone who has taken a lot of flack.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2013, 09:33:10 pm »

I think she will really look out of place .She has no substance and she will end up acting like a little girl .
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2013, 09:45:49 pm »

I don't think this is true. It hasn't appeared anywhere else (well so far) neither have the royal reporters tweeted it.

I also think it's untrue due to protocol. This job still belongs to the Duke of Kent and that includes presenting trophies too so until he relinquishes the role it's still his.

I'll keep an eye out for it elsewhere but I'm dubious.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2013, 04:55:40 pm »

Yet another taxing job....turning up with her sister to watch the tennis in the Royal Box and getting all dolled up to give out trophies. It's a hard life. Meanwhile her handful of charities are being neglected. If you're only going to select a few charities, give them the time they deserve.

Well, this is another chance to put on some sunglasses, try to look both chic and non-chalant, and believe it's all about HER. Remember to look bored when posing.  easter-sly
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: