Royal Gossip
August 15, 2018, 04:53:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen of Wimbledon? - Kate to become Wimbledon Ambassador  (Read 9274 times)
June
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2011, 08:49:34 pm »

^I thought so too...all this talk of Kate doing this and that is not doing her any good, why talked about it when it wont be happening anytime soon...

And, that is just the problem: it's all 'talk', no action. We see no evidence at all of all the amazing skill, super-human and super-humane qualities of Miss Catherine Middleton.  sigh
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 08:54:13 pm »

All I've seen so far is Scaredy-Kate or Gimme-Kate.  Nothing else.  Everything that comes out feels like a really lame attempt to make her seem like she's actually doing something.  Where are we, btw, with the whole do-nothing for two years thing?

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
June
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 08:58:09 pm »

Exactly, Yooper.  thumbsup I do not see a woman of substance and true grit - at all, regrettably.
royal_watcher05
courtier

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2011, 09:57:11 pm »

^I thought so too...all this talk of Kate doing this and that is not doing her any good, why talked about it when it wont be happening anytime soon...

And, that is just the problem: it's all 'talk', no action. We see no evidence at all of all the amazing skill, super-human and super-humane qualities of Miss Catherine Middleton.  sigh

Thats essentially it. Now isn't it. The press gets all hyped up and then nothing. Makes her look bad. Though if she had done soemthing outside of working part time for Jigsaw and her folks ( I still think she worked for them in some fashion) then the press would not have to make up stuff.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2011, 02:17:31 am »

I thought that engagements were planned aroudn the interests of the royal, but also decided upon by the courtiers until the royal is seasoned enough from experience. Kate and her little coetrie are simply just pulling more stunts to force HM's hand.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2011, 05:33:24 am »

Will Tim Henman make Kate Queen of Wimbledon?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1391940/Will-Tim-Henman-make-Kate-Queen-Wimbledon.html#ixzz1NiFfpxnO

Kezza
Baroness

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2011, 05:53:45 am »

Yawn again trying to link Kate to Diana.  bored3

You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, which doesn't say much for you.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2011, 06:25:39 am »

He may never have won Wimbledon but could former tennis ace Tim Henman be on the verge of clinching an even greater prize – convincing the glamorous Duchess of Cambridge to be the Royal representative at the prestigious tournament this summer?

Surely she will have to go since she will be royalty and royals have always gone to Wimbledon.

But Prince William’s reluctance to push his bride straight into the full glare of the media spotlight meant that the team surrounding the new Duchess began to have doubts that a role at such a high-profile event would be advisable.

She's been in the full glare since day one of her relationship and if anything, press coverage of her seems to be dying down. With all the things that are happening in the world, she's hardly been a media priority and she has certainly been more than happy to be covered in the press before. She will also be doing a tour and then going to HOLLYWOOD, which is hardly low profile and there will be a veritable army of media, plus celebs dropping tips to the press to get them covered as schmoozing with the Ducal couple.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2011, 11:55:35 am »

It will be ill advised if she does. They might get away with one of the earlier matches but not the finals. In any event Royal protocol decrees this is the Duke of Kent's job. The Duchess used to stand inf or him but it was in line with protocol.

I'm afraid they have already lost the battle and Middleton is going to give the RF just as much of a headache as Diana did (except the public loved Diana). The media are pushing this one yet again but seriously expensive honeymoons, a totally unecessary trip to LA then to be seen preening at the polo and the tennis and God knows what else.

Unless the Palace gets this under control it's a death wish.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2011, 12:01:19 pm »

TB I was thinking the same thing, the Queen is reported doesn't like to go to Wimbledon because she thinks it's the Kents so now Kate is going to be the queen of Wimbledon?  huh

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2011, 03:39:34 pm »

^^TB - I'm ignorant of this matter, but if what you say is true, wouldn't this just breed more resentment within the Circle? 

Somebody said it somewhere, and it seems to be true, that the BRF doesn't know what to do with these two.  PW's trying to throw his weight around, with albeit some success, but it doesn't appear to be a healthy exchange.  So, I kind of think that they feel untouchable and can do whatever they want and will shove themselves in wherever they like, dam# the repercussions.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Anne-Elliot
Countess

Lady Mary Crawley

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2011, 03:59:44 pm »

I do not want to see the Midds at Wimbledon this year, or any other year.  I love tennis, & visiting Wimbledon is one of the highlights of my year.  If I'm lucky enough to get seats on centre court again, I may not be responsible for my actions if Wasty appears in the RB & starts gurning & waving to the press corp.  I really won't.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2011, 04:08:54 pm »

Annie did you see her last year?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Anne-Elliot
Countess

Lady Mary Crawley

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2011, 04:16:17 pm »

Annie did you see her last year?

I didn't Alex, as I scraped tickets for Court No. 1 only last year - not grand enough arena for Catherine.   It annoys me that real tennis fans have to queue for hours & hours to get tickets, & the likes of Wasty just waltz in & are more interested in the cameras than the match.  I'm really put off going again this year - at least with the telly I can just switch over when the cameras show Wasty during the breaks.    nomorekate

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2011, 04:21:06 pm »

Thanks  Kiss

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2011, 04:54:19 pm »

IMO all Kate is Queen of is Laziness
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2011, 11:36:07 pm »

Great I would love to turn on the TV and see this

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/l8_SHRtuD8s/FILE+Prince+William+Kate+Middleton/AfdSnMBm-C4
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/06_04/kmiddleton2AH_468x468.jpg
http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/photo/gallery/101116/GAL-10Nov16-6453/media/PHO-10Nov16-269143.jpg
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/06_04/kmiddletonAH_468x383.jpg
http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k498/MK860/Kate/Events/?action=view&current=595647-kate-middleton-qui-epousera-le-prince-637x0-2.jpg

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2011, 01:36:30 am »

KATE AND PIPPA MIDDLETON WIMBLEDON SMASHERS!
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/193467/Kate-and-Pippa-Middleton-Wimbledon-smashers-/
ROYAL bride Kate Middleton and her sexy sister Pippa will be the stars of Wimbledon.
They are being lined up to take centre stage in the Royal box and Kate Middleton is set to present trophies to the winners.
Wimbledon chiefs hope the former British number one Tim Henman, a close friend of the Middleton family, can persuade them to add glamour to the championships next month.
A source said: “They are both huge tennis fans and would love to be part of the tournament.”
Wimbledon bosses want Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, who married Prince William last month, to take over trophy presentations from the Duke of Kent, the Queen’s first cousin and president of the club.
But a royal source said: “The Duke does a sterling job and there’s certainly no talk of him being axed, but there is a suggestion that Kate could present the trophy at the Ladies’ finals.”

Oh that will be such a hard task handing out trophy's, are the Palace Aids and Prince William sure WK can handle such a hard task?huh  X-Mas_rolleyes
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2011, 03:17:33 am »

This is a horrible idea; whether it's said openly or not, Kate will basically be taking an engagement from the Duke of Kent who has been keeping it very dignified by his handling of the event and the last thing Wimbledon is for it to be sexed up!

Wimbledon bosses want Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, who married Prince William last month, to take over trophy presentations from the Duke of Kent, the Queen’s first cousin and president of the club. But a royal source said: “The Duke does a sterling job and there’s certainly no talk of him being axed, but there is a suggestion that Kate could present the trophy at the Ladies’ finals.”

But in time he will be edged out and then what? This is just another incident where Kate will make yet another enemy and then go figure, one that is part of the RF. She isn't some kid where she can just take on the chore of a few presentations, she will likely try to steal the whole show like she always does and then what? In time she will end up taking over all the fun things while making the rest of the RF do all the drudgery, whatever it ends up being.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2013, 01:00:04 am »

All England Club courts Kate: Duchess of Cambridge accepts honorary membership at Wimbledon

Many believe the Duchess is being lined up to be the Duke of Kent's successor as All England Club president

Normally all eyes are on the court during Wimbledon fortnight, but there may be a rival distraction in the royal box.

The Duchess of Cambridge has accepted honorary membership of the All England Club, I can disclose.

Though with a royal baby due in July Kate is unlikely to be ringside this year, I gather she is thrilled by the offer. Sporty Kate is a decent player — though not as good as sister Pippa — and she is already an honorary member of the rival Queen’s Club in West London

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2267940/Duchess-Cambridge-accepts-honorary-membership-Wimbledon.html#ixzz2Iwd03EQC

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: