Royal Gossip
October 17, 2018, 07:52:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen of Wimbledon? - Kate to become Wimbledon Ambassador  (Read 9587 times)
Yooper
Princess

« on: February 06, 2011, 03:44:27 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1354140/A-smashing-role-Kate-Middleton--queen-Wimbledon.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

The article also includes some gossip about the royal usher who's in charge of the stag party, so wasn't sure where to put this. 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 04:02:11 am »

Sounds like Kate will indeed be doing something with herself.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
June
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 04:06:26 am »

Is that a compliment, KF?  Shocked

I was hoping to read that Kate would be interested in doing something with more substance and relevance to real people, than TENNIS for the affluent. Why am I not surprised?  sigh
Varya
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 05:06:57 am »

X-Mas_rolleyes She's following Williams example by doing the something SHE will find FUN... aka Wimbledon. All that she will have to do is attend Wimbledon matches, something she does anyway.

Quotes about Waity/Waste-y Katie:
On Kate's so called career and work ethic; a coworker from Jigsaw when Kate was working said this: "A fellow staff member said: "Kate is a nice enough girl but she was never what you might call committed to the job.She never worked full-time and appeared to take an inordinate amount of time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend."
royal_watcher05
courtier

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 05:12:53 am »

Well thankfully no two year hiatus. I hope this isnt all she does, but its a start ....if its true. Or maybe the press just wants her to do this.
benign
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 05:17:41 am »

KN wishing  easter-lol easter-lol but not going to happen....If Kate gets chosen, learn how to dress well...
royal_watcher05
courtier

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 05:23:29 am »

Is wimbledon a major royal patronage? Like I understand its a huge event ( I watch it every year), but as a new memebe would it be likely that it even goes to KM?
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 05:40:22 am »

Is that a compliment, KF?  Shocked

I was hoping to read that Kate would be interested in doing something with more substance and relevance to real people, than TENNIS for the affluent. Why am I not surprised?  sigh

I have no idea. But as for tennis being for the affluent, Kate has climbed way too high, to go back down and mingle with the 'plebs.' She is far too posh for that now.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Penelope
gossip insider

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 09:03:32 am »

I sense the hand of the Billington family in all this (Tim Henman is Tim Billington's nephew) and they are a powerful tennis family as well as the Midds' best friends and now, it would seem 'courtiers'.

More info on them here http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/wrongfooting-humiliation-throughout-the-match-thats-how-i-lost-to-tim-henmans-granny-1257470.html
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 10:20:52 am »

Oh No!!! ick She's ruining Wimbledon for me! I always watch Wimbledon...

Well thankfully no two year hiatus. I hope this isnt all she does, but its a start ....if its true. Or maybe the press just wants her to do this.

Yeah. Going to watch Wimbledon tennis matches that happens once a year. Hard working job indeed...  X-Mas_rolleyes

Take a bow Waitie Katie

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 12:07:55 pm »

Oh FFS! She has a reputation for doing nothing;her mother and rest of family are a very divisive issue so what do they do? Give her a job where she a) does nothing but sit and watch tennis (which she would love to do anyway); and b)give her an opportunity to bring her family along to the Royal Box.
They said Fergie was like a kid let loose in a sweetie shop - wait til this one kicks off.
If the Palace officials have a clue what they are doing they would get her to start work on some serious stuff and gradually work her way up to fun stuff - when she's earned her stripes. And not until. A few rounds of cold factories in the pouring rain and classrooms of noisy kids will be bvery character forming for the dear girl.
Of course there is also the option that this is yet another silly leak from the Middleton camp via KN.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 02:40:42 pm »

Of course there is also the option that this is yet another silly leak from the Middleton camp via KN.

Another pre-emptive strike to solidify that Kate gets what she wants.

If the Palace officials have a clue what they are doing they would get her to start work on some serious stuff and gradually work her way up to fun stuff - when she's earned her stripes. And not until. A few rounds of cold factories in the pouring rain and classrooms of noisy kids will be bvery character forming for the dear girl.

I bet the officials are just OOoZING with anticipation over finally having control over this brat and are eager for a little  sauer time for all her antics and insults to them. Kate may fancy herself presiding prettily over Wimbledon, but chances are they are goign to have her slogging 24/7 before they let her have any fun.

if it's already presided over by the Duke of Kent, HM's first cousin, then that's already taken. We are surprsied the Palace let William propose, but it's only because he pulled a fast one on them. Once Kate is under their control, things willl be drastically different.

TAG Princess
gossip insider

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2011, 03:22:36 pm »

Kate plays tennis at the Harbour Club in Chelsea, where Princess Diana was a member. She represented her school and frequently beats William on the court.

Kate frequently beats William on the court...  hall-Spell-check

she spoke eloquently to Tom Bradby, political editor of ITV News, prompting many commentators to remark that her elocution was better than that of the Prince.

Kate's elocution was better than William's during the engagement interview...  hall-Spell-check

Kate is the best dancer of the two...  hall-Spell-check

Kate is a better skier than William...  hall-Spell-check

What next!?  huh

Royal Gossip
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2011, 03:35:14 pm »

Doesn't she have to hand over a trophy, too, as part of her duty?  Grueling.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2011, 03:41:21 pm »

she spoke eloquently to Tom Bradby, political editor of ITV News, prompting many commentators to remark that her elocution was better than that of the Prince.

William was born with his, therefore William doesn't have to work at it as much as Kate has to. Kind of like how some commoners are 'more royal than the royals.'

What next!?

Better at causing trouble.
Better at making enemies.
Better at whining.
Better at making gaffes.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 05:52:03 pm »

I thought that Wimbledon was the Kents' kingdom and even the queen preferred not to go so the Kents could reign over it.  huh

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
benign
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 06:25:46 pm »

^I thought so too...all this talk of Kate doing this and that is not doing her any good, why talked about it when it wont be happening anytime soon...
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 08:35:37 pm »

William was born with his, therefore William doesn't have to work at it as much as Kate has to. Kind of like how some commoners are 'more royal than the royals.'

What next!?

Better at causing trouble.
Better at making enemies.
Better at whining.
Better at making gaffes.

Better at dancing.

I remember one sickly article where it said William was so embarrassed at how bad he looked next to Kate's superb moves that he now refuses to dance as he cannot compete with her amazing moves.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 08:44:20 pm »

Oh, Mousie!   ick

Amazing moves?  What's next?  Dancing With The Stars?

Ella
Countess

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 08:46:40 pm »

I remember one sickly article where it said William was so embarrassed at how bad he looked next to Kate's superb moves that he now refuses to dance as he cannot compete with her amazing moves.

That's probably the only one I find believable, but the others?  pinocchio

Videos of him dancing during that concert make me cringe in secondhand embarrassment. It was like watching my dad trying to bust a move.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: