Royal Gossip
September 23, 2017, 08:38:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BAFTA - February 12  (Read 4636 times)
Stephanie
Princess

« on: January 24, 2017, 01:37:37 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4149976/Row-Kate-attend-BAFTA-ceremony.html laugh laugh
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 09:01:05 pm by Alexandrine » Logged
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 01:44:20 pm »

^looking the photos in the article, it appears that Kate is star struck meeting Jennifer Lopez.

I never remeber Diana acting like that and it was the stars who appeared star struck by Diana, just the way it should be. She was royal after all. 

Just another example of how unsuitable for the role of Queen Consort she would be.

I'm delighted she's not going as she would be going to mix with the stars, nut to promote the British Film Industry.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 06:34:30 pm »

Has she ever attended the BAFTA even?  I thought, on the odd occasion when bill medd deigns to turns up, he was always alone.  No need for her to go, and as for outshing the celebs, think they got it the wrong way around.  The celebs would outshine her, she ever gets it right does she.  Who cares anyway, if she does not go she won´t be missed.  As for bill medd, why does he not resign from the position, he never appears to be interested in it, so why bother.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 02:03:08 am »

Here's what I think:

It's a mixture of Kate being banned by the palace since she's done nothing but slack off and cause trouble

AND

William just doesn't want her around him anymore.

After all Kate has pulled, the palace and William have run out of patience and have made it clear that she's not welcome anywhere anymore. How can they take Kate to a heavily covered event via the press, while she's pressing criminal charges against photographers? If she goes out smiling and flipping her hair and posing, how on earth is she going to credibly scream press intrusion in a French court?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 07:07:12 pm »

Good point and it might be BP way of punishing her for not attending the Irish Guards last year and they could be saying, if you want to do the fun stuff, then you've got to do the other engagements too.

And you cannot pick and choose.

Plus I do think they've had enough of her too, including PW.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 09:57:08 pm »

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend the @BAFTA Film Awards ceremony on the 12th February.

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 10:03:13 pm »

I firmly believe this has Carole written all over it.  I think Braying Billy didn't want to go but Kate did, and Ma made a hash out of it by shaming him in the press.

I haven't played since I stopped
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 10:04:55 pm »

^Agree with you on that one.  Bill medd has not attended the awards for the last couple of years, why would he bother this year.
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 10:07:36 pm »

No Mustique?  BAFTAS it is then!

I haven't played since I stopped
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 11:08:55 pm »

He has to start doing stuff because he is trying to fix his image. Comments are scathing, nobody believes he actually works at his air ambulance job. I am surprised they're not in Mustique or Seychelles or wherever they go for Carole's birthday every year.
Val
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 11:26:01 pm »

^

They usually all slip off between engagements.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 07:07:26 am »

Kate's PR has made such a show of Kate being 'better' than celebrities and being 'better' than actresses and models and the rest of the planet in general, that it could  have been hinted that Kate wasn't wanted. It's not like Kate does anything to promote the industry and it's not like she would have anything interesting to say. Throw in the fact that Kate might cause trouble, it's an all around bad idea for her to be there.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 01:59:55 pm »

The reason give for her absence is beyond ridiculous, it is always the same trope of "fear Waity will outshine the stars/ bride/ whoever".
Who's falling for that line anymore? When has she ever and as if she could outshine anyone.. D had the power to outshine others and she still attended events regurlarly and no one said "she'd better stayed home, the focus wasn't on xy".
Also this is exactly the type of event Waity loves to attend, though I think she was banned from the palace, I think mostly because for the past year these two's image has sunk to a new low, being work shy et al, so this would be another "fun" event they frankly haven't deserved to attend, so to ward off even more criticism she has to stay home.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 05:51:22 am »

The "outshine" is a fake excuse. Most people don't care about the RF, and those that do (other than the dwindling number of fans) are getting tired of her. And if she was so popular that she would outshine, the celebs would want her there to make their award that much more special.
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2017, 08:21:27 pm »

She's not! She's there! With PW.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2017, 08:49:03 pm »

Why is she wearing a pair of curtains? Every time I see her at these ends I have flashbacks to Diana at similar events.....Glamour personified  Kiss
Spitfire
Countess

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2017, 08:56:49 pm »

^ At least she's not wearing Erdem's bed valence!  But, I agree, she's definitely into the Home Furnishings look for her evening dresses, the Lighting Department for her earrings and the DIY Department for her make-up!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 09:00:32 pm by Spitfire » Logged

The ghost of Frances Winchcombe is finding a new house to haunt.  She has reportedly said: "Carole Middleton scares me to death..."
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2017, 09:02:26 pm »

Princess Kate Outshines Hollywood’s Biggest Stars During Her ‘British Oscars’ Red Carpet Debut
http://people.com/royals/kate-middleton-bafta-awards-prince-william-photos/

The Duchess of Cambridge braves the cold with poise in an off-the-shoulder Alexander McQueen gown as she and Prince William bring red carpet royalty to the BAFTAs

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4217596/The-Duke-Duchess-Cambridge-attend-BAFTAs.html#ixzz4YVV6jXOK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
marion
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2017, 09:06:51 pm »

Her posture is abysmal....I hardly think she can be described as having poise
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2017, 09:32:57 pm »

^ Indeed
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/02/12/19/3D21B35000000578-4217596-image-a-87_1486927740694.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/02/12/19/3D21C01600000578-4217596-image-m-86_1486927729670.jpg
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: