Royal Gossip
July 22, 2017, 09:42:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Harry's popularity decreased of late. ?  (Read 6113 times)
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2017, 12:01:21 pm »

^^ Surely, if Harry was going to get a big head about the Invictus Games, it would have happened with the very first Games ever, in his own country, not over in Florida. I can remember Charles, Cam and Harry turning out for Harry when the Games were on and them joining in when he received applause from the audience, and Harry looking very moved by it all, but certainly not vain about the kudos.
Stormborn
royal watcher

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2017, 12:56:23 pm »

^ Yeah, I remember that as well. And that moment when Charles put him first and outright rejected the golden heir's open arms, it's like he couldn't believe it. And the soldiers' applause and cheers as he goes for his speech. I wonder where that Harry went. There's gotta be a transition at some point, because he's miles away from the 2016 Harry that allowed all of this to blow up.

Fully agree.

The Invictus Games put him on the world stage and now he was riding high and he can't seem to handle it. All that positivism after years of being the 'bad' one and now he's blown it again. He could have built on his popularity by not attacking the press yet again.

I'm positive that it all proved too fast, too big for him. Really, on that part I can't blame him. Probably it's served as a positive reinforcement for him, that if he does great with his causes, with being Prince enough, that he can share some of that golden boy limelight as well. Alas, he was still immature in as much as he is determined and passionate. Not a very good balance. The double faced people around him don't need any more ammunition, really.
camilapitanga
Countess

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2017, 04:45:49 pm »

Definatelly has decreased but for many reasaons i think and not all to deal with only Harry.
The wolrd has changed and so did the royals and how people see them.I think its unfair to put all on these new generatioon shoulders besides if they did worked harder i think the RF would still be going strong for many years.But taking the work thing out of question its undeniable that royals go thriouygh good and bad phases from times to times.

I think when the queen passes away...wich unfortunatelly wont take too long in my view unfortunatelly....britain might go through a huge change.Hoping for the best.But wouldnt be surrpised if after charles royal looses even more power and space and not only coz of publics opinions about it but also coz the "new generation" of royals are not interestred in working and dealing with such issues.They want to be independent and leave theyre lifes.With exception from the yorks i think all others would be happy with being away from public scrutinity and pressures.Obviouslly when they realise they would have to work to live things would take a diferent turn but i dont see william lasting much as a king and i wouldnt be surpised if harry abdicated his position to marry whoever he wanted and live abroad.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2017, 05:08:45 pm »

The world has changed and we live and troubled times; right now, people want their leaders in all areas to work to support the nation. Get jobs, get charities funding and make sure the money gets there, while at the same time, being around their people and make darn sure that they are ready. When Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI ascended the throne, France was a mess and the dynasty was deteriorating. Instead of being a great Queen, Marie Antoinette gave the proverbial middle finger to her people and aristocracy and basically failed to do her duties. Louis XVI was king, but Marie was not a support system and she ignored doing appearances are giving a rat's backside about the state of her nation.

Harry had a golden chance to step up and really make it happen for himself, but he ended up blowing it in the biggest possible way.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2017, 06:30:05 pm »

He has also shown a very unpleasant side to himself which he previously kept well hidden.  Cut from the same cloth as bill medd it would appear.  Trouble is, once you show your true colours there is no fading them away, they are here to stay.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2017, 03:22:19 pm »

Thing is, people thought Harry was a better person, more decent and focused and leadership material than his brother, less of a waste than his uncle. It has now been made clear that Harry is just as bad, if not worse. A lot of people are disillusioned and disillusioned people are dangerous. For a while, everyone thought Harry would have the ability to be there for the nation and care about the nation and now go figure, Harry is seen as weak as William. His skirt chasing is old and frankly people are looking at him with the same contempt as one would anyone who refuses to stop partying. He's like the cool dude in high school who refuses to stop bumming around and refuses to stop trying to drag others into his constant drama.

^ That's right. Anyway my answer is YES for the question.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2017, 04:18:17 pm »

He has also shown a very unpleasant side to himself which he previously kept well hidden.  Cut from the same cloth as bill medd it would appear.  Trouble is, once you show your true colours there is no fading them away, they are here to stay.

I always thought it was odd that none of the aristo set would want to marry or even seriously date them, now I understand why. Thankfully even the most ambitious aristocrat doesn't want to pressure his kid into marrying into hat family and now aristocratic women can earn their own money so they can't be forced into a marriage to increase the family fortune.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2017, 10:28:17 am »

^ You had an interesting raising and it may be true.

RandyDrx
royal watcher

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2017, 11:07:03 am »

The answer to this question is yes. Just look at the comments in the DM. Earlier last year they are mostly supportive of him especially about the Invictus, now after Meghan they are giving him the Cambridges treatment.
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2017, 10:05:07 pm »

I have noticed that in some articles the press still mentions about Harry getting naked in Las Vegas. Now it is not every day a Royal Prince gets naked in such a way that some people consider scandalous. Do you believe that this event made Harry less popular?
camilapitanga
Countess

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2017, 08:18:00 am »

Harry had a golden chance to step up and really make it happen for himself, but he ended up blowing it in the biggest possible way.

But why would he do it anyway?I dont think harry wants to be anything but a person enjoying life and seriouslly theres nothing wrong about it if thats what he trully wants.Not everyone wants to save the wolrd and is not his responsibility to do it.If i were him i would seriouslly use my conexions to marry well get a good job abdicate so i could live my life free and awayt from all pressures and peoples opinions about things they dont even know or care about seriouslly...I hope harry becomes more like his uncle that one whos married to sophie ( hes so private and discreet i dont eeven remember his name  tehe)...so he can have his title help his familly..always be around..have less exposition and benefits but also more privacy...in another way enjoy both sides of the coin...

He has also shown a very unpleasant side to himself which he previously kept well hidden.  Cut from the same cloth as bill medd it would appear.  Trouble is, once you show your true colours there is no fading them away, they are here to stay.

I always thought it was odd that none of the aristo set would want to marry or even seriously date them, now I understand why. Thankfully even the most ambitious aristocrat doesn't want to pressure his kid into marrying into hat family and now aristocratic women can earn their own money so they can't be forced into a marriage to increase the family fortune.

I do agree with Harry changing and showing bad sides to his personalitu through years...but even though i dont agree with all he does i see him as a human so to me i actually enjoyed he showed his "true" side...at some point...like iut or not is how he is and it requires courage to be yourself especially in such a public position...at leats in that i dont think hes wrong honestlly...and i wouldnt ever trade any of these princes for any aristocrat...as i think theyre worts...they are the ones who know the royals for real and still they accept it all without questionating coz they want to in such circle and part of such grouo..Honestlly royals mighty be whathever they are but aristso are nothing better!Theyre all the same.Only interested in power and more power.

Its not because Harry has showed his bad side that girls wouldnt want to date him...is coz theyre lazy opportunist who dont want to work at all...and believe me even with all they would have to deal with some would die to be royals just to be on such position...again theyre all the same..if not worst...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 08:24:19 am by camilapitanga » Logged
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2017, 01:39:41 am »

He is the most popular royal after the Queen,  if he persists on the course he is on, his popularity will drop like a stone.   I wonder if he realises that.  ?  Do you agree, and if so, do you think he is aware of that.  ?

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2017, 01:46:45 am »

I think Harry isn't thinking, but must be in some kind of manic phase. Notice how he's been bolting around, releasing that statement attacking the press (even though the press wasn't attacking Meg) and I do think Meg has taken advantage by continuing some of the drama and making sure that she stays at Harry's side. I do not think there is much of a chance for Harry to clear his head since he's still seeming high from all  the good press he got for Invictus. I think he's eager for another fix of good coverage and press and I am certain that there isn't any way for him to unload Meg since she is part of the fun ride. Meg isn't titled (in his mind a stuffy boring person) and Meg is bringing a lot of fairy-tale press that he wouldn't otherwise get.

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2017, 02:03:05 pm »

^^  His popularity has already dropped like a stone.  Goodness knows bill meed has done enough damage to the rf to drop them down to sewer level, the last thing the British rf want or need is another trailer trash family tagging on to the gravy train, and the taxpayers are not amused either.  He has also shown his true colours, which he obviously kept covered all these years  -  he has done himself no favours hanging around with murky marble. There is always something or someone to bring you down, and for him it has been murky.
Snowpea
Countess

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2017, 02:04:31 pm »

He is the most popular royal after the Queen,  if he persists on the course he is on, his popularity will drop like a stone.   I wonder if he realises that.  ?  Do you agree, and if so, do you think he is aware of that.  ?

Well, his popularity has been sinking for a while. Most of the thing about Harry is that he doesn't work very hard and when he does choose to work, he plays up the Diana angle. Diana would be disgusted by both her boys' antics.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 02:07:03 pm by Snowpea » Logged
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2017, 09:15:10 am »

Harry rebuilt his image after the Vegas debacle - and was starting to very much be seen as a capable representative of the Queen - there was I think a genuine affection and admiration for him.  He has now thrown that away - every article that links him with this ongoing Kardashian drama hurts him.  I have no doubt his family is well aware of the damage - PC I am sure just loves seeing the "Republic Now" comments that proliferate on the DM and other web sites.   

But does Harry understand this - I am not sure.  Someone I know who works with Harry on one of his projects has told me that Harry thinks the monarchy is a permanent institution and cannot imagine it being abolished, he also appears to thinks his naughty behavior therefore has no affect on the status of the monarchy.  He also thinks when he screws up that pr will solve the problem. A charm offensive.

I think for all of Harry's outstanding qualities he is still someone who grew up in an environment that is difficult for us to fully understand because it is so unlike a "normal" situation.  Harry is a Prince and you know a Prince can never be wrong.  He is surrounded by yes men and women.  And few dare to criticize him. 

I think Harry has screwed up seriously here and he has yet to truly understand that - he goes on his engagements and gets admiring crowds and thinks that represents the full range of public opinion.  It does not.  He can I think recover but his perpetual whining about the burden of being a Prince and some of his private shenanigans need to stop.  Harry is 32 - time to stop acting like a school boy on holiday.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2017, 09:25:45 am »

^Agree.  However, sadly for haza, the world has changed big time since he was a cocooned child.  Give it another 10 years and at the rate things are going the UK will be filled with immigrants, refugees, illegal immigrants.  Those who will have the vote, and a say in what happens, will more than likely not want a royal family, they have no allegiance to the royals, and will also think that all the money wasted on them would be put to better use being spent on them.  The country is in a mess in many ways, and is not improving much in the short term is it.  Why would I go to one of their countries and vote to keep their royal family, I wouldn´t, get rid I say.  They will do the same in return.  In this day and age the whole royal thing is antiquated, all that doffing your cap, working for them for a pittance, and etc.  Those days are long gone, it is just that the British rf have not got the memo yet, or have and don´t want to read it.

Haza is in for a shock if he thinks he behaviour is acceptable because of his family.  He is doing the same as bill medd, dragging them lower and lower into the sewers, and if he can´t see that he is even more unintelligent that I think he is now.  Sadly Diana produced two unintelligent dorks to present to this country, and personally since his shenanigans in recent years, I would not choose either to remain in the rf, and strengthens my thoughts that the whole rf should be abolished and have a Republic.  Yes, they cost money, but you can vote them out, this vile lot we have been stuck with for too long.

Would haza do anything different if he knew he was doing harm?  Doubt it, too arrogant and self centred.
Snowpea
Countess

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2017, 04:31:20 pm »

He is under the illusion that he's the good time boy that everybody likes - sorry Harry, life is hard for everybody but certainly not for you and people don't care or have time to watch you toss your life away for a cheap, graspy, Kardashian wannabe.  easter-sly

Sorry, you aren't that good-looking, or bright, or especially hard-working and the world needs to stop to watch you dress down in dirty jeans and a baseball cap and think you are just one of them? If your mother were alive, she would be ashamed of you. Grow up, little boy.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2017, 05:59:37 pm »

Right now, times are too hard and uncertain and Harry's 'life as a party' approach is grating on people's nerves instead of being viewed with amusement. It's amazing how he refuses to see this and seems to think that he's not responsible for any of this or how being too cool from school is in fact making him seem edgy and rebellious and how he's entitled to the best after not making anything of himself at all. As far as I can see, he is apparently killing time until he's ready to commit, then someone decent is supposed to pop up and take on the responsibility of duty while he continues to party all the time.

Given how disgusted people are, it's not likely that someone is going to come along and I am certain that he's in for a huge surprise if he thinks that when he's ready to marry that a virginal princess will be engaged to him. He isn't going to get anyone decent since he's not a catch himself.

Harry rebuilt his image after the Vegas debacle - and was starting to very much be seen as a capable representative of the Queen - there was I think a genuine affection and admiration for him.  He has now thrown that away - every article that links him with this ongoing Kardashian drama hurts him.  I have no doubt his family is well aware of the damage - PC I am sure just loves seeing the "Republic Now" comments that proliferate on the DM and other web sites.   
But does Harry understand this - I am not sure.  Someone I know who works with Harry on one of his projects has told me that Harry thinks the monarchy is a permanent institution and cannot imagine it being abolished, he also appears to thinks his naughty behavior therefore has no affect on the status of the monarchy.  He also thinks when he screws up that pr will solve the problem. A charm offensive.
I think for all of Harry's outstanding qualities he is still someone who grew up in an environment that is difficult for us to fully understand because it is so unlike a "normal" situation.  Harry is a Prince and you know a Prince can never be wrong.  He is surrounded by yes men and women.  And few dare to criticize him. 
I think Harry has screwed up seriously here and he has yet to truly understand that - he goes on his engagements and gets admiring crowds and thinks that represents the full range of public opinion.  It does not.  He can I think recover but his perpetual whining about the burden of being a Prince and some of his private shenanigans need to stop.  Harry is 32 - time to stop acting like a school boy on holiday.

Harry's entire sense of self is clearly reflected in the image that he has of himself and the image of the media. His PR is all he has and frankly this is why I think he doesn't realize that life is not one big party for everyone around him. Apparently he refuses to see that while he goes gaily about, his people are stuck in poverty and in a society where suicide attackers are going after people in the street and they are also facing a situation right now where nuclear war might in fact actually happen. Harry is however stuck in People Magazine 80-90's era mode and clearly hasn't decide to get out of that bubble.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2017, 06:11:45 am »

well I think he just took another blow - pics of him sneaking into his booty calls back door at night - looking furtively over his shoulder to see if he is being discovered are now spread all over - DM and the US media.  Now the pics apparently are older and not recent but it is irrelevant - this is not the image that people want of their Prince.

Shape up Harry  - time is running out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: