Royal Gossip
December 12, 2018, 03:22:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Harry's popularity decreased of late. ?  (Read 20049 times)
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2017, 01:20:25 am »

Harry dosen't have to come right out and say he wants to live in Africa ,but if he had a choice he would do it in  a heartbeat him and William and if Harry  and Meghan could do it and HM told them it's fine they would not think twice.

Neither Megsy or Wasty could pretend very long that living outside the spotlight would be for them.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2017, 01:29:18 am »

Off topic, whatever the point of topic really is or can be proved.  YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2017, 03:06:04 am »

Just a few short years ago Harry was being cheered as more king material than William and now look at the comments calling for him to step out of the line of succession. This has ruined him and I am certain that he is shocked at how bad it's gotten.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2017, 03:22:48 am »

^ Harry had 81% approval rating in the new YouGov poll recently, (the one that included Meghan) the same as his brother, and 74% in the one taken by another company at the time the Paradise Papers came out in which the Queen's approval ratings went down. In fact, in that poll, Harry's approval rating was the only one that remained steady. All the other senior royals lost points, especially Charles and Camilla. Harry topped that poll.
danifaul
Countess

Sorry for the spelling errors..

« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2017, 03:43:46 am »

^ Kui Fei
exact.
It seems that Harry is popular, but ..... it is not respected.  sly is stranger / weird.
The public likes him,Harry is popular ....  but .... not want him as king (the highest and most respected position in the firm)

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/inlineimage/2017-11-28/Best%20King%20and%20Queen-01.png

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/inlineimage/2017-11-28/Approval-01.png

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2017, 04:21:35 am »

Well, to be fair it was only those online and DM commenters who have ever seriously contemplated Harry as King (a position I very much doubt he would want anyway.) The rest know it's constitutionally impossible, including a lot who took part in that polling I would suspect.

William is serious, a bit stiff, reserved and private, a very different character to Harry, who is loved for his ease with the public and sense of fun. The one who should be really worried on the figures of polling that has come out in the last decade is Charles, who is always slumped a long way behind his mother, sons and daughter in law.
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2017, 08:09:11 pm »

Love the fact that the pic of Camilla face is pushed down by the neg votes in the second poll!
Like she's hiding in shame of the result  easter-lol laugh

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
sandy
Princess

« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2017, 08:18:07 pm »

It makes no sense for the "outrage" and calls for Harry to step down after the future Defender of the Faith got a divorce and married a divorcee. Makes no sense whatsoever IMO for harry to be called out. Harry has no chance to be King.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2017, 08:46:30 pm »

^I think it’s bigger than that.  For some, Harry’s just another, or last, straw.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2017, 08:51:03 pm »

People want the BRF gone on the whole every last one of them it's just that Now harry is getting the heat of it.people just looking for a target and harry is right there easy. Charles people dont want him either he's still in  eyesight  
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:53:31 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

May they last 26 days of 2018 be the plot twist you've been waiting for

Tis the season to be petty fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
sandy
Princess

« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2017, 09:20:09 pm »

it could be a lot worse for Harry. Some were predicting he'd be another Prince Albert, a playboy having love children and then maybe settling down with a much younger woman when he reaches his fifties. If Harry did not marry he'd be trashed. Damned if he does damned if he doesn't.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2017, 09:58:22 pm »

That's life. suck it up and deal with it

May they last 26 days of 2018 be the plot twist you've been waiting for

Tis the season to be petty fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2017, 10:34:47 pm »

^ thumbsup

sandy
Princess

« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2017, 12:52:57 am »

That's life. suck it up and deal with it

What is he dealing with? What's life that he remain a bachelor? Who deals with what? Not sure what you meant.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #154 on: December 08, 2017, 12:04:42 pm »

If Harry doesn't marry the predatory social climber he will take some heat. Not as much as if he marries her, but that's besides the point. That's life. He's a grown man - he needs to deal with the aftermath of his decisions. If he marries her and on day one of marriage he realizes that he's made a terrible mistake (as reports about who Meghan really is and what she stands for (me-me-me) are coming out before the marriage, unlike with Trump's candidacy where the leaks started after he became president (sorry for the OT, I just think the comparison is relevant, and I won't make it again)) - then he needs to stay married, watch how she drags not only him but his whole family down unless she gets what she wants - $$$$$$$, vacations, designer clothes, major bling, whitewashing, etc. etc. If that happens, and it will, if not on day one, give it time - day two will come too. Then he will need to suck it up and deal with it. That's life. Life is not all roses and grownups somehow learn to take responsibility for their life. If they don't do it willingly - life teaches them.  For example, every time I read this thread's name I accidentally read: Has Harry's popularity deceased of late and I always answer to myself: Duh. Let them go on beach vacation between Christmas and New Year and let those pics leak... the deceased part of his reputation will be just about right.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 12:10:06 pm by Ariel » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #155 on: December 08, 2017, 01:44:48 pm »

Marriage is for two. Of course they will see each other differently after the marriage but they need to adjust and work on the marriage like all couples have to do. The royals vetted Meghan and had people studying her background. Anything untoward would have been discovered ages ago. But didn't Kate get major bling, designer clothes, lots of vacations too and didn't she want them? So why is Meghan singled out? Marriage takes work. If Meghan works for the Firm and does not defy protocol, she will be just fine.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #156 on: December 08, 2017, 03:40:03 pm »

Harry's always been popular because he's the naughty fun second son. And Meghan Markle is actually not a bad partner for the naughty bad boy royal. Proper girls may bore him. And eventually marriage is going to bore him. When that happens will he still be popular? Probably. People can villainize Meghan more. The question is will his next wife be somebody people like and will that make him more popular. Or will his choices get even worse? I just see this whole thing is morphing into something else but somehow I have a feeling Harry is going to come out okay with the public.

The only constant is change.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #157 on: December 08, 2017, 03:52:53 pm »

I don't like comparisons. What Kate did or didn't do is not a good enough excuse for MEghan's shady past and character. The more people compare Meghan with X, Y, Z to make her look good, the more my opinion that Meghan has zero own light and the only way to be visible is by comparison, or by standing to someone else.

Unlike the Canadian posters, I've been watching the show and even on Suits she's not relevant, she's not interesting. Her character is only as important as what Mike makes of his relation with Rachel.

And that's pretty sad. She and her PR are trying so hard, so so hard yet - the only interesting thing about her is that she's a fraud. By relation, with the marriage, Harry will be seen as a fraud and we'll see if the illusion that he can overcome any scandal is going to hold this time.

After Vegas the solders started a campaign with naked pics in support of Harry. After the engagement announcement the troops are rumored to not want to curtsy or salute Meghan cause they've seen a bit too much of her..
sandy
Princess

« Reply #158 on: December 08, 2017, 10:29:37 pm »

I think it is natural to compare royals especially one about to enter the fold with her predecessors.

If she were a fraud, it would have been detected last year. Just saying.

Harry caused his own "faux pas" over the years. I don't get why he's not criticized. Meghan's not even there yet, it remains to be seen what will happen.

I think it premature too to talk about a "second marriage" for Harry.

And again a comparison: people saw a great deal of Kate too much of her...I'll go no further. She was even lauded by some for strutting around in her underwear on a catwalk. Is there one standard for Kate and another for Meghan?
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #159 on: December 08, 2017, 10:53:11 pm »

Well there is no evidence Meghan strutted around for anything but roles she had and maybe some photo shoots. But actresses do get racy roles, bedroom scenes and such as part of their career/job. The girl's school I went to did not encourage the industry children to attend. That was for another school. Mine was the more uptight one with debutantes and social clubs. (Yes we have them in L.A although it is not a prominent as back East or in the UK.) In my school days, snobby people didn't approve of show biz people even though that is what rules L.A. Things have changed I think. But show biz had a reputation of being more immoral, sex, drugs, etc. And acting in explicit roles is allowing people to know you intimately in the screen.  I wanted to pursue acting and my mom had a fit!!!!. I became a lawyer, and I have regrets. So that is why I think there is more charge to Meghan's roles than Kate's flashing. And, from what I saw, women often slept their way into roles, even small little ones. Not always, but it happened and still does. Can you imagine what King George the V would think of any actress in his family?

The only constant is change.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: