Royal Gossip
November 24, 2017, 09:11:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Harry's popularity decreased of late. ?  (Read 10739 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2017, 02:33:00 pm »

The Ginger is losing popularity for a lot of reasons. 
One, he is starting to lose his looks, he is no longer the hottie he was in Vegas, although, nowhere near the equine-dentured, dad dancing manboy that is his brother, but he is losing his hair and like the rest of us mortals growing older.
Two, the Diana card does have an expiration date, Millennials barely know Diana, and lets face it anyone not a permatanned, selfie, self obsessed *fool* will likely not compute.  They might want to dress like Jackie but no one wants to dress like the 80s Diana
Three, adding Markle Sparkle to his life is going to be interesting.  She is a desperate housewife wannabe who is trying to get promoted into the RF and if and likely when she does, Harry will want to up the "we are so normal factor" and being that he is being kicked further and further down the line by every creature that pops out of Waitys' womb, he will be just some hanger on, eventually like Chuck's brother Andy.
Four, in a weird twist Markle, while she may not have to wait 10 years seems to be very unpopular.  She calls the paps when she wants and Harry whines when the press gets a bit to cosy, he cannot have it both ways. 
Fifth, even though the marriage was a righteous train wreck, neither, Harry, nor Bill have the IT factor their parents had in the 80s, they are both bum rushing into middle age, well, Bill got slapped by it, or Waity I mean Scarole.  There will never be a replication of that time.

When the Queen kicks it, things are going to get real, and Harry is coming across more and more as a spoiled, indulged, whiner boy 

Harry has to be around working because the baby Cambridges won't be working for twenty years or so. If they are like their parents it may take a lot longer for them to get moving and work.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2017, 05:06:51 pm »

Yes. His popularity decreased. and will even more after the wedding...
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2017, 09:52:54 pm »

True - his popularity has dropped from 78% approval in 2016 to only 77% in 2017.

The BRF overall is still very popular in the UK itself while some individuals are less than popular - such as Charles - who support is either total or none with very little in between (either loved or hated).

Diana's sons are loved - not universally but way more than their father and on a par pretty well with their grandmother. Kate is also a loved figure.

Every time I have been to the UK, all my friends and relatives who live there say the same thing - can take or leave Charles and love the others in the mainline. Everyone from Andrew down can disappear according to them. The polls show much the same thing.

The problem for many people is that they judge the popularity and views of the UK based on the comments in papers like the DM but that isn't a reliable guide as many of the posters there aren't from the UK and it depends on which day it is as to how a post will be received e.g. earlier this year I made a post there and 24 hours later made the exact same post on a different article. The first post was red arrowed with around 400 reds and about 10 greens while the second, word for word the same post, was green to the extent of over 700 while there were only 5 red arrows. That has happened a lot to me.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2017, 10:12:15 pm »

^ I couldn't agree more. My experience with my friends and extended family in the UK and when I have been there has been exactly the same. As well, Poll after poll for years have placed the Queen, the Cambridges, Harry far ahead of the others, even workhorses like Princess Anne. I think people acknowledge in general that Charles is a hard worker but he has far too much lead in his saddlebags, including Camilla.

As well as the online DM which doesn't really qualify as a real newspaper, far too much importance IMO when assessing Harry's so-called unpopularity is placed on tumblrs and blogs on the internet that have decided that Meghan isn't acceptable (just as Cressida wasn't) and therefore Harry is an idiot or a pawn or Meghan is holding something over him. It often reaches levels of tin hat brigade fantasy out there!
lesken
royal watcher

« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2017, 11:33:16 pm »

I thought people liked Cressie or at least thought she was suitable.  Maybe because Harry is more of a wild card he's being allowed to marry one. I still can't believe it. Things have really changed in the RF since I studied there in 1980.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2017, 12:49:47 am »

The comments on Chelsy were scathing on some of the boards.  And it's ridiculous how some use the word "we" like "We have to stop Meghan from marrying Harry" LIke a clique of something.
Val
Princess

« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2017, 09:00:09 am »

Unfortunately and to Willy's disappointment Kate isn't liked by many here in the UK.  With immigration at an all time high the RF very low on people's agenda.  A poll taken at random in the street in Hampshire and Sussex confirmed this with 'who' being the immediate response.  A similar poll taken in London would be very disappointing particularly as there is so much disinterest in them now due to the diverse culture and changing times.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2017, 09:21:31 am »

Most of the time willy looks cross or iritated with waity so why should the rest of us feel any different. 

I think any popularity for the RF, such as it is, is because a lot of people equate the monarchy solely  with ER so once she has gone it will be quite different.
Val
Princess

« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2017, 11:55:41 am »

Interesting Comment from  another forum

HM is still popular except I think since Brexit  revealed how much of our sovereignty she had signed away from the 1972 act, through to Maastricht and the Lisbon treaty even old die hards have started to criticise her, particularly with the huge amounts of cash she's given when everyone else is being told to tighten their belts. I doubt she'll get a warm response from those involved in the Universal Credit row.

Charles isn't at all popular and with all the self flagellation over their mother William and Harry are seen as pathetic wimps. Kate is well, a Middleton, is generally regarded as lazy and just in it for the cash and prestige. She hasn't got a clue how to do the job, over spends on dresses she looks like a bag of washing in and appears to be organising  sprogs just to secure her position. It's said she doesn't like poor sad George. Very few like her or the Mids particularly her pushy mother and if Harry marries Meghan well it's known to be another nail in the coffin.

To those self deluded royalists in the colonies this country is changing beyond all recognition and quickly I am depressed to say. When the Queen goes it will be a very different Game of Thrones. Aren't both Australia and particularly NZ wanting rid of them?
Spitfire
Countess

« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2017, 01:49:28 pm »

The efficacy and the accuracy of these oft-quoted opinion polls are moot points.  They predicted incorrectly the results of the UK General Elections of 2015 and 2017 and the EU Referendum.  Questions can be skewed by pollsters to get the results required by the companies who have commissioned these polls and who have vested interests in the "right" results. Equally, respondents to the questions can give the wrong answers because they want to be bloody-minded and also consider their views to be confidential and resent the snooping of companies, political parties, etc.  After their recent disastrous predictions, UK polling companies are not seen as reliable and I'd like to see the psephological data of these spurious, keep the Royal Family opinion polls.

The ghost of Frances Winchcombe is finding a new house to haunt.  She has reportedly said: "Carole Middleton scares me to death..."
sandy
Princess

« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2017, 01:51:57 pm »

Interesting Comment from  another forum

HM is still popular except I think since Brexit  revealed how much of our sovereignty she had signed away from the 1972 act, through to Maastricht and the Lisbon treaty even old die hards have started to criticise her, particularly with the huge amounts of cash she's given when everyone else is being told to tighten their belts. I doubt she'll get a warm response from those involved in the Universal Credit row.

Charles isn't at all popular and with all the self flagellation over their mother William and Harry are seen as pathetic wimps. Kate is well, a Middleton, is generally regarded as lazy and just in it for the cash and prestige. She hasn't got a clue how to do the job, over spends on dresses she looks like a bag of washing in and appears to be organising  sprogs just to secure her position. It's said she doesn't like poor sad George. Very few like her or the Mids particularly her pushy mother and if Harry marries Meghan well it's known to be another nail in the coffin.

To those self deluded royalists in the colonies this country is changing beyond all recognition and quickly I am depressed to say. When the Queen goes it will be a very different Game of Thrones. Aren't both Australia and particularly NZ wanting rid of them?

No, it's not talking about their mother IMO it is essentially their laziness and taking the easy way out. Also Will and Kate hiding out the children and using them when it suits them.

It is ironic how they talk of their mother and do the opposite of what she would have wanted them to do (work and give back).
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2017, 02:15:00 pm »

True.  It's  kind of a combo, tho, for me.  HM is and has been an enormous shield.  Why she allows it is for another thread.  When that is, sadly, gone, things will be vastly more difficult for them to validate their behavior.  Neither of them, I agree, have even come close to being like their mother.  Like her or not, she worked like a fiend.

But, back on topic, Harry is just behaving like any normal 17-22 year old but the boyishness is wearing thin and a lot more will be expected from him as time passes. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Spitfire
Countess

« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2017, 02:20:05 pm »

The Princes have used their mother's death as leverage for never-ending sympathy and understanding.  There comes a point - and it may have been reached - when this behaviour has the opposite effect and begins to irritate. These blokes (and they are blokes!) need to look at their wealth, their privileges, etc, realise how fortunate they are compared with billions of other people throughout the world, and knuckle down to some serious work.  The Whingeing Waleses are becoming tedious and obnoxious.

The ghost of Frances Winchcombe is finding a new house to haunt.  She has reportedly said: "Carole Middleton scares me to death..."
dianab
Countess

« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2017, 02:24:15 pm »

Probably Diana will be happy as her sons (help to) make the Monarchy unpopular. After all, in last 20 years, her name/memory is been dragged through the mud for the sake of Windsors' popularity/survival.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2017, 02:40:16 pm »

After the Queen, the Windsors have become two generations of whingers. Dad Charles constantly whines and his pal Penny Junor talked about his "pain" in the book she wrote about Camilla. William and Harry go on about privacy and being normal. And apparently don't like working much. Will George, Charlotte and future children whine about their "lot." Most likely IMO.
LadyAva
gossip insider

« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2017, 07:16:44 am »

Yes and Harry  keeps making stupid decisions. Like a spoiled child they just want what the want right now , regardless of the impact on their future.   bignono I agree with the Queen gone, It’s only a matter of time.  Once the Queen goes the magic for the Royals for me will be gone too. I used to think they were so interesting because of the unique  lives they led. Now I just see the others as very ordinary. : wopedo

"If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."  Alice Roosevelt Longworth
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2017, 12:10:04 pm »

^very true. Age wise, Harry's going to have a very tough time attracting someone half decent. Who he's attached to now is such a step backwards if he really wanted to get married and have children and have people be proud of the person he chose; one he could introduce to the queen, to paraphrase what he said a few years back. He's charity work keeps getting a setback in favor of him doing dumb things that ends up dominating the actual good that he does. From being on top of the world with people being so impressed with him regarding the IG in London to now being a bit of a joke is very bad for him, his future and the monarchy.

Keep Calm and Carry On
lesken
royal watcher

« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2017, 01:12:51 am »

Apparently  Harry has introduced Meg to the Queen at tea. So she must approve this. Why I will never understand as she is inappropriate in many ways to be his wife.  When Charles is King he will have mutts all around him on the balcony. The days of bloodlines are clearly gone. So they are turning into a very ordinary bunch.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2017, 07:36:21 am »

^ It's happened in most other Royal Houses too though and has been happening for decades. Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands married an 'ordinary' non aristo person. So did Harold and Haakon of Norway, Frederik and Joachim of Denmark, Felipe of Spain, Carl Gustav and Victoria and Madeleine and Carl Philip of Sweden, the list goes on and on. The only people from reigning Royal houses who have married anyone vaguely aristocratic in the past 20 years have been Philippe of Belgium and Gui of Luxembourg and even then Gui's mother Maria Theresa was a Brazilian commoner.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2017, 01:21:16 pm »

^very true. Age wise, Harry's going to have a very tough time attracting someone half decent. Who he's attached to now is such a step backwards if he really wanted to get married and have children and have people be proud of the person he chose; one he could introduce to the queen, to paraphrase what he said a few years back. He's charity work keeps getting a setback in favor of him doing dumb things that ends up dominating the actual good that he does. From being on top of the world with people being so impressed with him regarding the IG in London to now being a bit of a joke is very bad for him, his future and the monarchy.

Meghan has met the Queen and Prince Charles according to various reports.   Harry has apparently chosen her. If he wanted to "hide her out" he could have. But he wants to be with her and he is not this perfect being himself as are the other royals  not perfect.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 01:23:02 pm by sandy » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: