Royal Gossip
October 22, 2017, 04:46:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Harry's popularity decreased of late. ?  (Read 9481 times)
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« on: January 24, 2017, 03:54:46 am »

I am hearing and seeing much more negativity towards Harry than in 2015.   Does anyone agree or disagree. ? 

YES  or  NO  answer is fine.   Thank You.

AmusedByTheRoyals
royal watcher

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 04:27:42 am »

Based on comments I've seen yes.

"Never complain.  Never explain."
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 04:40:09 am »

^^ There's certainly negativity towards him in Twitter and Tumblr circles etc, and we know why! It's also a result of both Harry and  the fandom that grew up with him growing older, IMO.

There's negativity towards all members of the RF at the moment among the individuals who vent on the DM online (some of whom include bloggers etc). Anything sets them off. People are feeling annoyed about all sorts of things in Britain nowadays. The Brexit result was one expression of it. It's not just Harry. Charles, William, Kate, Camilla get it in the neck as well. Since I regard the DM rabble as the 21st century equivalent of the howling mobs of previous centuries I don't pay any attention to them.

It's debatable as to whether Harry has lost popularity in the UK as a whole. The vast majority aren't that concerned about the lives of the royals. The last poll taken a month or so ago showed the popularity of the monarchy as a whole was still remaining high. They didn't ask about the majority of individual members of the BRF. So we don't know.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 04:43:44 am by Rosella » Logged
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 04:45:09 am »

Definitely.  Once he released that Statement of Doom, it was all downhill from there.

I haven't played since I stopped
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 05:37:39 am »

The thing about polls is that they're very easy to manipulate in order to fit one's agenda. Choose whom to ask and how to phrase questions in order to get the results needed for the story.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 06:03:29 am »

^ Yes they can. However the most reputable and reliable polling companies (YouGov, for example) try to be as neutral and unbiased as possible for the sake of their own reputations. What is the alternative? Jump to the conclusion that because Blogs and Forums are outraged about Meghan at the moment and the DM commentators are on the rampage more than usual, that the entire population of the U.K. has turned against Harry and indeed the BRF? That's absurd, and  anecdotal evidence at its most unreliable, IMHO.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 07:26:34 am »

Thing is, that we live in troubled times and during troubled times, people don't have patience for any leaders messing around. Harry is behaving like it's the 90's when people were able to get solid jobs/careers and live comfortably and not fear losing homes/health and dying at the hands of crazy terrorists. Harry is slacking off and frankly no one has patience for someone skipping out on work in their thirties.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 07:38:15 am »

^^ Obviously, most people don't comment on forums or the DM or there would be a lot more posts/comments. But I don't believe the RF is as popular as they want us to think. I think most people are neutral or have a slight dislike but not enough to do anything drastic at this time. I don't think most people like them.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 08:15:35 am »

Thing is, people thought Harry was a better person, more decent and focused and leadership material than his brother, less of a waste than his uncle. It has now been made clear that Harry is just as bad, if not worse. A lot of people are disillusioned and disillusioned people are dangerous. For a while, everyone thought Harry would have the ability to be there for the nation and care about the nation and now go figure, Harry is seen as weak as William. His skirt chasing is old and frankly people are looking at him with the same contempt as one would anyone who refuses to stop partying. He's like the cool dude in high school who refuses to stop bumming around and refuses to stop trying to drag others into his constant drama.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 09:13:31 am »

Yes, his actions and choice of women are very high school. Very unattractive in a 30-something.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 09:30:20 am »

An entire generation has grown up beside Harry and seen him grow up as they've grown; by now, Harry should in fact be more mature, even if he isn't married. There's nothing wrong with being single or even playing the field, but there is something wrong with being sexually irresponsible. He's being irresponsible and playing with fire by running with Meg and the Yorkie's crowd. There is a sense of frustration that Harry is basically buggering around while his peers are living more stable lives, or are at least not being two-faced about enjoying life's pleasures and self indulgence. Same time, Harry is supported by the taxpayer and he's not working and he's not even TRYING to get himself together.

Harry is kind of like Fergie, enjoying the party life on the taxpayer dime and giving the finger to those who can't party, but have to work twice as hard to get at least halfway out of the street.

rosielinks
Countess

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2017, 12:50:59 pm »

People like Harry because he has natural charm with children, old people, the disabled and well, everybody really. He reminds people of all the best bits of his mother.

However, if he ends up married to someone like MM - he will be pushing his luck. The public wants someone sincere, hard-working and warm.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2017, 02:08:37 am »

I agree Rosie.   

AmusedByTheRoyals
royal watcher

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2017, 05:22:10 pm »

Keeping it simple - Yes

"Never complain.  Never explain."
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2017, 06:25:33 pm »

I have no faith in YouGov polls, they have been found to be wrong on many occasions.  As someone said above, phrase the questions correctly, ask the right people and you get the response you want to the poll.

So many people I know, in my life and what I read on the internet, are totally disgusted with haza and all have the same view  -  he has showed a side of himself that he kept well hidden, or the press kept well hidden for him.  It turns out he is just as useless and lazy as his brother. The engagements he carries out, not exactly hard are they. The sorting ones and Invictus Games etc he does because he liked them.  The question to be asked is  - what does he do in between time?  Well, we now have a very fair idea of that donĀ“t we.  For many he really has shown his true colours  -  which turn out to be murking and most unpleasant.

Yes, IMO his popularity has decreased big time.  I have been amazed at all the negativity there is about him.  If he marries markle he will seal his fate, and I hope he does.  Sorry to say Diana did not spawn two golden boys, she spawned two tainted, lazy, good for nothings. Such a shame. 
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2017, 07:43:31 pm »

The real problem is and always will be how they view life as one big party. Oligarchs and billionaires party and have luxuries, but they work like fiends and take huge risks. The princes are basically being coddled while at the same time, basically no different than other upscale grifters or groupies.

marion
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2017, 04:43:53 am »

^^ITA GB Harry has the charm willy lacks which used to win people over but now many are beginning to see through this.
Val
Princess

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2017, 08:06:14 am »

^^^

Good post and yes Sheridan_is_appalled, definitely all down hill and fast since the Statement of Doom.
Stormborn
royal watcher

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2017, 08:58:53 am »

It's almost like, somehow, the Invictus Games has done more harm than good. Before the Orlando extravaganza, you can still see him bashful and insistent in keeping it all about his causes. Throughout his initiatives with Walking With the Wounded, WellChild, and other activities, there was still a sense of the down to earth younger brother finally coming to his own, finally growing comfortable outside big bro's clout (yeah right) and shadow.

It's like the hype has gone straight up to his brain and thinking about it now, I can almost visualize him going, "Right, what's going to take this to another level is if I find an Amal. Wait 'til I out her to the public, I bet they'll love me even more! And then they'll love her, too!"  Pippa

Uh. Nope. Lol.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2017, 11:55:23 am »

Fully agree.

The Invictus Games put him on the world stage and now he was riding high and he can't seem to handle it. All that positivism after years of being the 'bad' one and now he's blown it again. He could have built on his popularity by not attacking the press yet again.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: