Royal Gossip
August 21, 2017, 11:02:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marius Borg Høiby Quits Public Life as He Prepares for College  (Read 622 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: January 15, 2017, 03:38:14 pm »

Norway’s Marius Borg Høiby Quits Public Life as He Prepares for College in the U.S., Says Palace

Norway’s most eligible young royal, Marius Borg Høiby, 20, is set to leave public life.

The unexpected news came in a brief statement made by Norway’s Royal Palace on Thursday.

Høiby, the first son of Crown Princess Mette-Marit, who celebrates his 20th birthday Friday, will begin studying for a business degree at an unspecified college in California on January 17, according to the statement.

“Høiby will not conduct any official activities on the Royal Family’s behalf,” the palace said.

Officials have removed Høiby’s pages from the royal website, “on the basis of his wish to live outside the public eye,” the statement said.

The disappearance of the 20-year-old’s portrait and biography leaves his two younger half-siblings to represent the next generation of Norwegian royalty.

Princess Ingrid Alexandra, who will turn 13 on January 21, and Prince Sverre Magnus, 11, are both heirs to the throne, while Høiby was not born of royal blood and has never had a royal title.
http://people.com/royals/norways-marius-borg-hoiby-quits-public-life-as-he-prepares-for-college-in-the-u-s-says-palace/

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 08:12:25 pm »

He's not a young royal, he is not royal.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 10:00:38 pm »

He was never IN public life other than family photos.  Silly journalists.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 10:05:44 pm »

That was a public life? He attended events with the RF and he appeared in their official images. What more public than that?

He even appeared in a tv series last year as an extra.

I am not sure about this announcement. They could not hide it because it would have looked really bad. And he was never going to have an official position because he is simply a step son to Haakon. But I think they could have done this without the announcement and all. Simply have him take a low profile and that's it.

Also it hasn't gone well for Mette apparently http://www.newsinenglish.no/2017/01/13/little-sympathy-for-mette-marit/

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 12:13:50 am »

He strikes me as a snotty twit.

He was never IN public life other than family photos.  Silly journalists.

He was at the weddings of the Casiraghis, he's attended ceremonies, and he's beennin many official photos. It is best that he carve out a life of his own and of course, not plan on being supported by his stepfather. I do think Mette would like for him to be introduced to and marry an heiress or aristocrat.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
RandyDrx
royal watcher

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 05:40:20 am »

^ I agree. if I want privacy, I avoid any place with lots of photographers.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 06:03:48 am »

He is still part of their family, so it makes sense for him to attend events with them and be in photographs.

But if he wants to be a private citizen and work a normal job I think his wishes should be respected. He's not royal and is not in line for the throne.  dontknow
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 06:55:53 am »

Yet he isn't part of the RF in the sense that he should be part of the official party or going to jet set places.

On the other forum, ti was stated that Marius is being prepped for a private life after Haakon divorces Mette.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 10:05:23 am »

I kinda feel bad for that kid if that's true about them getting a divorce... stepson of a prince since the age of four, younger siblings all have titles, grow up in the royal family, and then suddenly booted out with his mum.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 04:13:48 pm »

That was a public life? He attended events with the RF and he appeared in their official images. What more public than that?

My definition of public life is having a specific role to play that is public.  Not appearing beside mum in a photo that goes public.   If that were the case, then everyone with a Facebook is in public life.   Or all the Middletons are in public life because their sister is a royal duchess and they appear in photos with her.  But Marius was never royal and it was never intended that he would have a role.  He is just a young man leaving home and going to college.   And no one in the States will know who he is.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: