Royal Gossip
November 24, 2017, 09:05:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry: Press Articles & Random Chat 2017  (Read 33615 times)
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #360 on: July 30, 2017, 09:16:53 pm »

Edward Lane Fox, Harry's private secretary. If I'm not mistaken.
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #361 on: July 30, 2017, 09:21:53 pm »

Thank you. Much appreciated.   thankyou
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #362 on: July 30, 2017, 09:24:02 pm »

urwelcome
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #363 on: August 05, 2017, 07:42:39 pm »

I don't think there's anything special about Prince Harry; I believe that people think there is some kind of spark, but there isn't. He's run of the mill mediocre and it's a shame that he wasn't raised as Charles was, in spartan boarding schools and then in stringent university curriculum. If he had, he might have been less of a mess in his twenties and I am certain that he might be better off, but there's nothing about him that is so natural that he basically is exempt from making an effort.

As for staff, I think a lot of older courtiers are quitting since it's obvious that the newer generation (no longer young) basically isn't going to listen to good advice and be respectful of being willing to listen and improve. WKH are stuck in lala land where they still think they have the world at their feet.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #364 on: August 05, 2017, 09:21:25 pm »

I honestly don't think it's the environment where they went to school. Charles turned out to be rather a mess and became self pitying, blaming others, arrogant, and having a sense of entitlements. His private life was nothing to write home about and he married the mistress which was tacky to say the least. Charles has a good work ethic but his disposition leaves a lot to be desired. His grandmother spoiled him. William and Harry have big senses of entitlement and have been known to blame others (William even takes people to court and Harry is starting that too). I think Charles should have put the mistress on the backburner and at least made some attempt to have his sons have a full plate of work.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #365 on: August 05, 2017, 09:32:48 pm »

Family isn't the reason Harry slacked off; this has nothing to do with Camilla and everything to do with the fact that Harry wasn't raised with the upbringing that royals NEED and Charles isn't the reason that Harry smoked pot and wasted his twenties boozing himself into a literal stupor. Harry hasn't been a victim for a long time. I do believe that Harry could have set himself up in his own place the minute he turned eighteen and lived on one of the zillions of estates that his family owns. I'll never believe that he was ever going to be anything special, but he didn't even TRY to build anything or even work for the Prince's Trust.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #366 on: August 05, 2017, 09:43:39 pm »

No I am not blaming Charles for how they turned out although Charles and the Queen should have given them more work when they were in their twenties. I am comparing him with his sons. They manifest some of his bad habits but in different ways. Charles should have put his sons first always. And he put his attention on the wrong things. But that said. Will and Harry's behavior can't be blamed on their parents. They are grown ups now in their thirties. William did little for the DUchy education which would have been a huge opportunity for him to do something useful. I think the Queen and Charles could have made a difference if they told not asked William and Harry to take up certain responsibilities. The QUeen allowing William to have that fake job in the ambulance corps was a mistake. Harry should have done his fair share of work and no perks until the quota was met. Harry had a promising start at age 18 when he started the charity work and too bad he did not follow through.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 09:45:53 pm by sandy » Logged
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #367 on: August 05, 2017, 09:48:51 pm »

^ and ^^ I couldn't agree more with your comments.  It seems as if the parental structure is reactionary rather than preemptive.  IOW, they wait until there's an embarrassment or bad press before they look at a solution.  There just doesn't seem to be a concentrated focus on child or young adult development.  Other things, whatever they are, appear to take precedence to me. 

Anyway, an interesting discussion.  Thank you.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #368 on: August 06, 2017, 04:06:02 pm »

I think we have seen William's petulance and stupidity for years, but now we are really seeing Harry being more open about what he is really like. Way to go, boys, close to the 20th anniversary of your mother's passing, you are just displaying such self-centredness, ugliness, arrogance and just plain hostility to those who keep you and your gauche-climbers in the style they are accustomed to.

Bravo! You ought to be SO proud of yourselves.  bored3
sandy
Princess

« Reply #369 on: August 06, 2017, 10:06:50 pm »

I'm wondering if these two will really step up royal duties in the Fall.
danifaul
Countess

Sorry for the spelling errors..

« Reply #370 on: August 06, 2017, 11:03:48 pm »

Maybe Edward who wanted to quit his job. Maybe he's tired, maybe Harry does not listen ..... it's impudent,Harry has no self-control.
Just as JLP got tired of them two. sigh

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #371 on: August 06, 2017, 11:13:29 pm »

No I am not blaming Charles for how they turned out although Charles and the Queen should have given them more work when they were in their twenties. I am comparing him with his sons. They manifest some of his bad habits but in different ways. Charles should have put his sons first always. And he put his attention on the wrong things. But that said. Will and Harry's behavior can't be blamed on their parents. They are grown ups now in their thirties. William did little for the DUchy education which would have been a huge opportunity for him to do something useful. I think the Queen and Charles could have made a difference if they told not asked William and Harry to take up certain responsibilities. The QUeen allowing William to have that fake job in the ambulance corps was a mistake. Harry should have done his fair share of work and no perks until the quota was met. Harry had a promising start at age 18 when he started the charity work and too bad he did not follow through.

I think HM and Charles thought Harry would settle down and basically get to work in his mid-twenties and spend his time doing volunteer work, interviews, and engage in state occasions, but regrettably Harry didn't and can't seem to stop making the wrong choices in life. I think Harry is currently chasing a life he's never going to have and it's gotten him into more trouble than he has been in before.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #372 on: August 06, 2017, 11:25:15 pm »

I'm wondering if these two will really step up royal duties in the Fall.

I doubt it. Every year or two they say they will, but they never have so far. I would be (pleasantly) surprised if they did.
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #373 on: August 06, 2017, 11:38:50 pm »

I'm not holding my breath. They won't work unless pushed and they never were as teenagers no will not change voluntarily.
Just my 0.02 cents' worth.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #374 on: August 07, 2017, 07:27:31 pm »

I do think that Harry will step up, but I am certain that WK will have to since William can't retreat behind his air-force hobby; he's going to be stuck doing appearances and Harry is going to have to do the day to day appearances that he turned his nose up against since he was a teenager. It's way overdue and frankly Harry has lost a large amount of valuable time that should have been spent with his people at appearances and charity work, not boozing in bars and clubs.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #375 on: August 07, 2017, 10:30:56 pm »

I think HM and Charles thought Harry would settle down and basically get to work in his mid-twenties and spend his time doing volunteer work, interviews, and engage in state occasions, but regrettably Harry didn't and can't seem to stop making the wrong choices in life. I think Harry is currently chasing a life he's never going to have and it's gotten him into more trouble than he has been in before.

The BRF don't expect royals to work for the Firm in their 20s, particularly if they are serving officers in the military as Harry did through his 20s. Even Charles was close nearly 30 when he started full-time as a royal and he has been the heir apparent since he was 3. He left the military in 1977 - when he was just shy of 29 - and until then he was allowed to do his university course (something Harry couldn't do due to his very poor A-levels meaning he didn't get even the minimum marks for any university in the UK at the time) and then serve in the Navy and RAF. Why expect his second son to do something even he, as the heir, wasn't asked to do?

The only reason why The Queen had to step up as much as she did in her 20s was that she became Queen. If you look at what she was doing prior to her accession - an overseas tour each year with Philip and a few engagements at home while she spent a few months each year in Malta, leaving the children in the UK with her parents.

Anne didn't become a full-time royal until she was nearly 30 - 1980 - either being allowed to spend her 20s as a world-class equestrian and Olympian while Andrew who spent 20+ years in the navy and Edward were well into his late 30s before being called into full-time duties - both aged about 38 or so.

Why would anyone therefore expect the Queen's grandchildren to have to live a life she didn't demand of her own children? The Queen also saw with Sarah how a wife without her royal husband doing full-time duties struggled and so allowed Kate to wait until William was needed.

Given the log-jam of royals over retirement age doing about 2/3rds of all the duties there is a question about the funding of these younger royals and what they can be doing as well. A slimmed down royal family means fewer doing duties and while those over 65 aren't retiring there really isn't any job vacancies for the younger royals either - the same as in the 'real world' where the baby boomers aren't retiring at 60 or 65 and so the jobs aren't opening up for the younger people.

With Philip's retirement there are around 150+ engagements that would normally have been done my him each year that could go to someone younger and that it really it. There is a slow passing of the baton but it there is a log-jam caused by the longevity of the Queen's generation (of George V's 7 HRH grandchildren only 2 have died and Michael never did work for the Firm. While the other 4 are still active - 1 over 90, 2 in their 80s and 1 in his early 70s - there isn't really the space for the younger ones to step up.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #376 on: August 07, 2017, 11:20:26 pm »

Princess Elizabeth did not do little. She already "stepped up" she was working with her father in preparing for her future role. She had a father whose health was very bad--he almost died in late 1948. She pinch hit for him a number of times, she had state papers, and she was well prepared for her future role. The time she was in Malta was not a lot and it was not a "normal" housewife time since the children were with her parents and nannies.  She knew darn well she could only play at being "just a navy wife."  In Malta, she would need to be ready at a moment's notice in case her father became ill again. And it was only a very small window. They married in 1947, she had her maternity leave in London and gave birth to Charles in 1948, and was in London for the birth of Anne.  Even though it was a shock to become Queen so soon, she was indeed prepared for the role. Charles was doing royal work when he was in his twenties. He did not idle away his twenties spending a lot of time vacationing and in night clubs. Kate never had a really great work ethic to put it mildly. I think a lot of excuses were made for her non-work and I don't think it was the Queen's idea. She was said to ask "what does Kate do" when Kate went 18 months straight after University without working. Sarah Ferguson's situation does not compare to Kate's. Sarah Ferguson even did more work. The separations from Andrew were a problem for her as well as her bad spending habits and ultimately her affairs. William can't be compared to his Aunt Anne who had virtually no chance of becoming monarch. I think William should have been more focused when he was in his twenties. He did not do much so far with the Duchy and had the job where he could play normal. There's no reason why he could not have stepped up and learned the trade. I do think Harry and William should have done more in their twenties.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #377 on: August 07, 2017, 11:35:02 pm »

William has been seeing state papers, along with Charles, since his mid-20s - if not earlier so in that regard he has been being prepared.

The Queen did not do that many engagements in the late 40s and early 50s.

Sure she stepped up for her father when called to do so but the idea that she was doing 100s of engagements each year is a fallacy. She wasn't doing anywhere near that many.

People think William doesn't do that much - he did nearly 200 last year and is on target for at least that many again this year, if not more now that he has given away the Air Ambulance job.

Harry does less than William even though he hasn't even had a pretend job as an excuse for the last two years. He comes out and says 'I want to stay in the army for 20 or so years' and six months later, when told he will have to spend some time doing desk work, as required of all officers, he quits - throws in the towel.

The Queen spent about 3 months a year in Malta while Philip was there. Of course she was in London for the births of her children - and didn't do any public engagements for the three months or so either side of those births, as per the norm for a woman of her class at the time. That means in the 4 years or so before becoming Queen she had at least 18 months of doing no duties and then a lot more time doing little. Yes she saw state papers - but then, as I said, so does Charles and he has been doing so since his mid-20s as has William, as part of his preparation to be King. (My sources for that come from a range of people who know the royals - both staff and relatives)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #378 on: August 07, 2017, 11:51:03 pm »

Princess Elizabeth had two pregnancies during those time periods and had maternity leaves. But she gave birth to the two children in London not Malta. Her father was very sick around the time Charles was born. And he never really recovered. The Queen knew she had to be prepared to move up but it was still a shock when it happened. She became Queen in early 1952.  But she had several engagements her father was supposed to do. She had to prepare and pinch hit, a major tour was involved and she was substituting for her father on another tour major when her father saw her off at the airport and died soon after. She was learning the ropes and nobody claimed she did 100s of engagements then, I would say important engagements representing her father and learning the ropes.

Harry should not have been allowed to throw in the towel. Too much leeway was given to him and to William. The two badly needed some more "structure" in their royal work, not cherry pick according to what they want. Kate not working 18 months is hardly the same as the Queen's 18 months. Kate got a University degree and was "on call" for William and seen in nightclubs and doing much vacationing. The Queen did ask what Kate "did" during this time period. So soon after Kate got the part time job at Jigsaw.

William has done woefully little with the Duchy, except for a 10 week course which he may not have completed. HE got a job designed just for him at the Ambulance base and did not work all the required hours, and had very flexible hours.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #379 on: August 08, 2017, 01:26:27 am »

^I remember Harry saying that he loved the military because it gave him structure. He might've been asked to step down because he couldn't go further/get promoted as the military was being pared down.  dontknow  Anyway, one way to get things going is to seperate him from Wills and Waity regarding engagements. I've said before that a problem Harry has is that he can't be seen to be outshinning his brother, so he can't have more engagements than him. That should be done away with as Harry needs to be out and about working. He doesn't have the lame excuse that Wills could use and has used in the past; that he wants to spend quality time with his family.  bored3

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: