Royal Gossip
July 28, 2017, 01:40:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry: Press Articles & Random Chat 2017  (Read 24152 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: January 01, 2017, 10:26:17 am »

flower

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
livylivy
Countess

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 11:45:49 am »

flower
Happy new year  Kiss
I personally theink that Harry is still with Meghan and IMHO that' s why she' s quit  posting on instagram, because she knows Harry doesn' t want her to do it or maybe Harry himself stopped her.

Harry must increase his workload much much more if he wants to be loved and respected, as well as Will and Kate.
I' m much more hopeful regarding Harry, Will and Kate showed their true colours long ago, they won' t change
JustMe
royal watcher

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 02:12:24 pm »

Well, it's possible to turn things upside down. I obvs have no idea whats going on but:

If there's smoke and mirrors going on with photos it doesn't just have to mean he's trying to get privacy with Meghan* - it could mean that he's trying to indicate that it's over. Everyone assumed he'd be flying to her side asap after Christmas and a lot of people have been going, "huh?" at the idea of him being in London last week when he could be with her. A press photo sends a message to the readers, not the papers or the paps who are extremely wise to trickery and will probably be expecting it. They always know much, much more than we do, don't forget.

So why would he want the British public to think he wasn't with the love of his life if he was? The one he's hoping to marry and turn into a Duchess?

And Meghan has continued to IG...using The Tig one instead. She's also posted articles AND she's had her friend sell/supply a photo of her with her daughter which guaranteed a press article. Odd thing to do if Harry asked her to stop. She may be avoiding using her own IG because the press use her postings to make up their own articles...not something she or her PR company will want while they continue this relentless and ridiculous campaign.

*A concerted effort not to be seen with Meghan or even have people know they're together makes absolutely no sense given that it's a known relationship now AND they've already been photograped together. I get that they don't want to be hounded, but this is Prince Harry who is entirely used to getting about in private. He has access to country estates, private islands & planes...the lot. Fake pap shots are unnecessary. If he wants privacy, he can have it...bo need to pretend they are not together at all.

Having said all that, my gut says they're together but it's not altogether impossible that they're not. Will be an interesting year.
Cindy.rose
royal watcher

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 02:13:24 pm »

^^ I agree.

She doesn't publish on instagram for two weeks  and she published almost every Day, Just go there and see your fans complaining that she does not publish anymore, And she loves to show up . And I don’t think Harry cares about people's opinions, his father did not care either, he married Camilla who was hated by most people. I still hold my opinion, for me they are still together and I don’t doubt they will engaged themselves this year.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:15:52 pm by Cindy.rose » Logged
JustMe
royal watcher

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 02:44:05 pm »

^ People who don't care about the opinions of others don't read everything written about themselves. Harry does. And the BRF most certainly care what people think of them...their survival relies on it. If they are concerned then they will have communicated this to Harry. And I would find it impossible to believe that he doesn't care what THEY think either.

Camilla was not hated by everyone when she married Charles. In fact, she was becoming quite well liked by lots. This was all down to a very, very concerted PR campaign ordered by Charles to rehabilitate her reputation and make her palatable to the British people. Not the actions of someone who doesn't care what anyone thinks.

And Markle has communicated via IG...using her friends account instead of her own. That St Markle, beloved of children everywhere, picture wasn't an accident.

I'm just saying that it's possible to speculate either way.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:52:52 pm by JustMe » Logged
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 02:57:37 pm »

This is not the MM thread.  TY. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 03:06:43 pm »

We don't know that the entire British nation, all 63 million plus of them, do *despise* MM's guts, though. I'd say the vast majority of Britons aren't particularly emotionally involved in who Harry marries. It's been forums, tumblrs and Twitter where  this controversy has raged.

During the war of the Wales's, much of the country was on Diana's side. After her death Camilla was loathed. She's not much liked now, but things have settled down in the years since C and C have been married. The Queen didn't approve then, and Prince Philip wasn't keen on Camilla either. They knew that a lot of the British public didn't like her. However, the two of them were in love, (however people cut it and I didn't like it much myself), and they lived together. And two marriages were wrecked and children involved because of THAT relationship.

So, the country was against any marriage, the Queen was against it, the QM against the marriage. Yet they married.

And Harry is probably more Charles's son than is realised, even if he does have many of Diana's traits. I can't see him taking note of what people on the Internet say about two people they don't know, and living his life according to these people's wishes and inclinations. He probably would say that's absurd.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 03:09:34 pm »

I think Harry has made the same mistakes that his untitled peers have made: mainly, he has made the mistake of killing time instead of filling it productively. Being the spare doesn't mean much if in fact, he's unable to justify all he has done. It's no excuse to party all the time while young and then deciding to do charity work and expect to be taken seriously, as a serious member of the world elite. A lot of adults his age have in fact done the same, kill time in high school, kill time in university, and then take a gap year partying, thinking that opportunities will always be there. They won't and this year is going to be difficult for him since he literally pissed away all the goodwill the courtiers worked to build for them. Harry is now discredited and no amount of charity and appearances is going to end up getting it all back without tremendous effort. I am certain that Harry isn't going to rise to the occasion since he's done nothing but make a waste of his most energetic years.

He really refuses to pull it together and he has disgusted so many people. I cannot imagine the rage and frustration the courtiers feel at this time. In no way is the Court going to be able to help him if he refuses to work with them as part of the team.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
JustMe
royal watcher

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 03:34:04 pm »

^^I'm British.

Camilla is rather liked by most people. I was actually here during the War of the Waleses & the aftermath of Diana's death. The feelings regarding Camilla have undergone a very substantial sea change. There may be different mutterings on Diana threads, but the sense amongst the people is positive regarding Camilla. Maybe not as far as allowing her to be Queen but certainly an acceptable consort.

Recent events have seen Harry's reputation nosedive. I'm not just talking about Tumblr or comments sections of newspapers. I work in academia where few people care about the RF in any substantive way...and water cooler chat is that his recent behaviour is sleazy and he's a great walking advertisment for republicanism.

Most Brits know perfectly well that he won't marry you-know-who and we know perfectly well why.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 03:42:11 pm »

^^  When was the last time anyone here can remember Harry falling drunkenly out of a club. He began two charities, IG and Sentebale, and given his heart and soul to them for over a decade, during which time he was a serving army officer.

In 2016 he undertook two tours, one of them a very long one, on behalf of the Queen. On The Royal Forums a poster who counts up the Royal engagements, per the CC, very carefully each year, detailing each engagement, gave Harry 180 fulfilled engagements for 2016, thirty more than the newspapers gave, and she is certainly no Harry lover. Yes, he could have done more, and hopefully next year he will, but he's hardly been partying and killing time since his twenties.

^ I am British born, was in Britain during much of the 1980's and 90's as well as more recently, and was actually among the crowds at Camilla's funeral. I also have a large number of extended family and friends in Britain and have a pretty good idea what's going on.
I also know that republicans will use anything newsworthy that they regard as unfavourable to the BRF as an opportunity to bludgeon them with it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 03:52:11 pm by Rosella » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 03:47:47 pm »

^^I'm British.

Camilla is rather liked by most people. I was actually here during the War of the Waleses & the aftermath of Diana's death. The feelings regarding Camilla have undergone a very substantial sea change. There may be different mutterings on Diana threads, but the sense amongst the people is positive regarding Camilla. Maybe not as far as allowing her to be Queen but certainly an acceptable consort.

Recent events have seen Harry's reputation nosedive. I'm not just talking about Tumblr or comments sections of newspapers. I work in academia where few people care about the RF in any substantive way...and water cooler chat is that his recent behaviour is sleazy and he's a great walking advertisment for republicanism.

Most Brits know perfectly well that he won't marry you-know-who and we know perfectly well why.

First of all I don't think it possible to say that most people like Camilla or most people don't like Meghan. No surveys have been taken . Charles tells the public that people have "warmed up" to Camilla which is not a survey, but pure PR. I think it should be said that the public likes Camilla, dislikes her, or don't care about her one way or the other. I think whether the public likes it or not she will be Queen Consort. I see some scathing comments about Camilla so I disagree that most people like her. She was in the Diana-Charles marriage from the get go and I don't care for the woman. But that said, she will most likely be Queen COnsort whether some like it or not.

As for MEghan, I think if they decide to marry they will marry they will not be subject of intense dislike and it is up to them not the public if they marry or not. And I disagree that most people disapprove. I don't think Harry's rep has taken a nosedive, he is dating not committing a crime and not with a married woman like his father was. This may not end in marriage, it may end in marriage.  But I don't think Harry is exactly a Pariah.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 03:49:51 pm by sandy » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2017, 04:39:24 pm »

Not Meghan or Camilla thread!

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2017, 07:04:28 pm »

I am surprised PH was seen in London with Mark Dyer after the speculation that he would rush elsewhere as soon as he could. Some fans even thought he would not show up for Christmas at Sandringham! I do not think the Toronto layover happened either. I think the situation is more boring than people think. It's very easy for newspapers and fans to create a storyline that feeds fantasies and generates clicks. In the end, no one knows what fate holds for PH. We do not know what he feels deep down in his soul. Imo there have been signs that he is not feeling comfortable with the status quo regardless of the brave face he tries to show the world. I agree that he cares about his image, but I also think that he is not the kind of person to instantly drop someone from his life because of bad publicity. My hope is that he is not serious and will work things out in his own time.

Amanda
royal watcher

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2017, 08:53:50 pm »

Harry was seen in London with Mark Dyer because he must have traveled in the New Year. I'm sure he's with his girlfriend now, Maybe on a paradise beach flower
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2017, 11:48:07 pm »

Re: Prince Harry: Press Articles & Random Chat 2016
« Reply #692 on: Today at 08:26:50 am »

Whatever is going on, I genuinely cannot believe that Harry is all happy and loved up still...if he ever was.

His reputation matters to him. He's said that in the past and acknowledged reading everything about himself. He said he wants to make the Queen, his family and the people of the UK proud of him and he was certainly achieving that...until that statement.

He is being decimated all over the internet. The news that he's performed far fewer royal engagements than ought to be expected coupled with an insight into his personal life......flying the world to indulge his sex life.....has delivered a massive blow to his reputation.

He looks like a childish, irresponsible, overly-privileged hooray henry with a questionable taste in women. The rumoured PR drive (the evidence of which is easy to see) is backfiring spectacularly. No on, but no one, is going to buy the whole Sainted Angel routine, and the harder she tries, the worst it will get.

If it's not already over, I genuinely think it soon will be.

goodpost      agree  with all you have said - although do not discount how spoiled he is - not used to be being told no - but  if not over now will be soon - if he is on a beach with her - it is to end it
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017, 12:07:49 am »

He should have been paying attention to the comments section, NOT the articles themselves. Harry overestimated the tolerance that his subjects have had for him and he foolishly refuses to see just how BAD the economy is and the tolerance has been deteriorating far more rapidly than before.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2017, 12:46:56 am »

New "racy" pics in the DM today. Will make it easier for him if it's over soon. There is no sign of an end to these kinds of articles. People who are hoping this is permanent are just wishing for his life to be harder imo.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2017, 01:05:09 am »

Taxpayers are paying for his apartment, his security. He probably has some staff as well (cooking, cleaning, answering phones/letters). He needs to do full-time royal work to make it worth the money or else he should pay for his own stuff out of pocket. Be royal or be normal. You cannot have it both ways.

Regarding the economy, things are often made to look better than they are by the papers, trying to make things look good to get people re-elected. He needs to pay attention to the regular people. Look at how the average income stays the same or close to the same, while the cost of living continues to increase. People might not be unemployed anymore, but they are actually worse off than a year or two ago. Also be careful about the holidays, especially during work, because a lot of people cannot afford them.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2017, 01:36:30 am »

I often wondered what things were like in pre-revolutionary times and we're seeing the entire past reenacted right in front of our faces. Feckless spendthrift royals and an overtaxed, overworked populace that pays through the nose for it. As for Harry, he's not going to be able to be an effective charity worker if it is common knowledge that once the lights are off, he is going to be jetting to the tropics. That doesn't fly anymore. He has so much and he should be doing charity, not doing charity as a hobby, but that should be his CAREER.

KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2017, 01:40:04 am »

^^Exactly. Like it or not, he's living a privileged life. He can always give it up. Of course he won't want to. I think he does more work behind the scenes than people realize, but the three Muskateers together look workshy especially in comparison to harder working, older royals. He can't slide by on charm and looks alone anymore. People aren't giving him a pass now. And the current situation with his love life.... guilt by association with narcissism, posing, luxury, travel, eroticism, isn't making him look any more hard-working or practical.  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: