Royal Gossip
August 18, 2018, 09:26:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dukes of Cambridge: Press Articles & Random Chat 2017  (Read 35010 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #320 on: December 19, 2017, 12:36:03 am »

This reminds me of the photo of Lupo airbrushed into a photo of George with the ice cream cone. Maybe Will is not a "whiz" at airbrushing. So bad.
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #321 on: December 19, 2017, 02:35:12 am »

which reminds me what happened with the dog? haven't seen a pic of him in ages!

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #322 on: December 19, 2017, 04:39:53 am »

It's unbeleavable that they can't actually take a picture together. What's really ggoingon with them? They seem to be living separately and come together for appearance sake. This is supposed to be the future of the monarchy? With tis mess and Harry/Mehgan circus, someone in KP mud be working for the republic because tis is ridiculous.  dontknow

Keep Calm and Carry On
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #323 on: December 19, 2017, 04:41:55 am »

Too much photoshopping. What's wrong with a normal, happy family photo?
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #324 on: December 19, 2017, 04:49:42 am »

^that's what I find so weird. Why can't they just do a normal shot?  huh  What's the point of this if people are going to se the obvious errors and the coldness against other christmas card photos in the past and the current on of Charles and Camilla. It must be absolute caos and looney tunes at KP to have this photo go out and the other madness of either allowing Harry's nonsense to elevate the Cambridges, imo. The brand, royalty/monarchy is hurt by both of this fake crap.

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #325 on: December 19, 2017, 09:47:37 am »

^I agree. It is so weird that they have no ability, apparently, to see how phony baloney they appear here.  They lack, it seems, the one magic ingredient necessary:  Quiet Confidence.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #326 on: December 19, 2017, 05:45:30 pm »

The only resemblance she has to HM is that she is female.  Image of council caro.  Odd photo.  Where is council cath´s arm, does´t look as though she is holding to dork bill medd does it, and not even touching sprog II.  Sprog 1 hand "touching" the hand of the dork looks odd. They do not look like a family, they look like four people who barely know one another. Four seperate photos pasted together.  Body language stone cold.  They do a lot of damage releasing photos like this, so obvious they are not a family at all, let alone a loving family.  Can only begin to imagine what goes on behind closed doors. 
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #327 on: December 19, 2017, 07:22:23 pm »

The Cambridge Christmas card is one of the most ridiculous photos I have ever seen.  It's like a law firm photo with all the lawyers standing uncomfortably in a group in the conference room trying to appear friendly and approachable whilst still maintaining their gravitas.

easter-lol

Does no one give the Cambridges advice?  Are they truly so hard headed they won't even take advice from a photographer?
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #328 on: December 19, 2017, 08:00:27 pm »

Putting Kate and Wills to shame! Swedish royals share a VERY festive Christmas greeting - complete with snowball fights, sledging and games by the fire

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/19/16/47753F5800000578-0-image-a-2_1513702749046.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5195627/Swedish-royal-Christmas-card-puts-Kate-Wills-shame.html
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #329 on: December 19, 2017, 08:46:15 pm »

^ that's more like it...leave it to william and kate to opt for the NWO style  easter-lol
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #330 on: December 19, 2017, 10:21:27 pm »

I wonder how much the 'silly' settings of some of the photos taken of William and Harry for the Christmas cards has impacted William's insistence of boring now.

He hated the photographers from a very early age and rather than protect him and help him both his parents kept on putting him in those situations and now he is in control his family aren't going to be put in those situations at all. One or two posed boring pictures and that is it - no actual interaction going on and certainly no 'silly' photos to embarrass the growing children. Imagine the comments at school when the pictures in the flower pots came out.

Neither of William's parents really took into account his needs in this area as a child but constantly exposed him to banks of photographers and expected him to learn to accept them - he hasn't - and is doing things differently with his kids to the point where it is hard to imagine them actually doing things as a family from the images (they do according to my sources with lots of family time and lots of laughter but that is behind closed doors and not for public consumption - unlike the Swedes who seem to think that they have to share all their lives with their people more - nothing wrong with either approach IMO - just different.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #331 on: December 19, 2017, 10:36:58 pm »

The card is really tacky. Would it have hurt them to take a new photo and send it?

William's parents did get him used to the cameras or tried to. William himself is hiding out his children which also is not a great idea. One of them will be a future monarch.

William's parents are not to blame for this. His cousins got used to cameras. Since time immemorial royals have released photos of the heirs to the media. If Will wants to be like Howard Hughes it is not his parents fault.

I think the trouble was he was kept in cotton wool at University and got used to not being seen and not doing much work.  He was not shy about getting photographed falling out of clubs and watching sports. But I guess being seen working is anathema. He cherry picks his aversion to the press IMO.

The children should get used to photographers instead of WIlliam making up fake "family portraits" by inept airbrushing.

The cousins children are much more natural and don't wear frilly dresses or shorts and play like normal children.

THis is all on William IMO.

William and Harry seemed to enjoy the flower pot photos and were not frowning or anything.

The basic problem with William is his hiding out the kids.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #332 on: December 19, 2017, 11:06:46 pm »

I don't think it's an excuse that Bill's parents made him pose (for who knows how long) and he always hated photographers etc. Aren't most kids that way? I hated it often too as a child, esp when told "pose this way or that way" and it was boring as heck and took ages (in a child's opinion, 15 mins felt like hours!). Now I'd do the same and my non-existent kids would likely feel the same as I did.
Madeleine of Sweden despised photographers as child and would not pose, ran off and just did whatever, same with Leonore btw nowadays, and yet she happily (or looks that way) poses for casual, regal, private etc photos and does the same with her kids.
Bill is just a petulant manchild who has the maturity of a 5 year old in most things. Or possibly all things.

PS Madde & Vic also don't dress their kids as Little Lord Fauntleroy and Princess Strawberry, even though they regularly whip out their old clothes from the attic too (Silvia seems to have archived absolutely everything anyone ever wore!).
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #333 on: December 20, 2017, 03:03:38 am »

Putting Kate and Wills to shame! Swedish royals share a VERY festive Christmas greeting - complete with snowball fights, sledging and games by the fire

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/19/16/47753F5800000578-0-image-a-2_1513702749046.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5195627/Swedish-royal-Christmas-card-puts-Kate-Wills-shame.html

Was it last year W&W staged those stupid snow scenes with the kiddos? Major fail on their part; this years is worse, which I didn't think was possible.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #334 on: December 20, 2017, 03:28:34 am »

Even the cobbled together back yard pic was better than this one.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #335 on: December 20, 2017, 09:55:00 am »

which reminds me what happened with the dog? haven't seen a pic of him in ages!

Oh yeah!  Good question.  Just where is the family dog in the equation?  No longer a pr prop?

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #336 on: December 20, 2017, 12:44:32 pm »

^ Nope, last to be seen when he was photoshopped into a pic with G. Likely copy & pasted out of some old pic, fck knows where the poor dog ended up. He's never seen anymore, not with Waity or nanny M or anyone.

I just don't understand how the Cambs find it "easier" and better to photoshop their pics, even though they've been together, all 4 of them, and were also perfectly dressed for a "formal" horror show pic back in Poland & Germany, but no, they apparently can never pose together and rather have cobbled together pics that always always look off and unnatural and like they are a part of some freak show.

How Chris Jackson can be proud of those photos is beyond me, if I were the photographer I would be mortified and as a normal person I'd never book him based on those pics.

Other "royals" and gazillionaires manage beautiful and natural pics, Tamara Ecclestone & family, the Bernadottes (Vic & Madeleine, also CG & Silvia), the Oranje-Nassaus (Maxima & WA), the Bourbons (Felipe & Leti).. the list could truly be endless.

FFS, I really *despise* to mention them, but even the Kardashians have done some good Xmas cards and family photos. I mean if the Kardashians do better than you, you gotta change sth fast! On the other hand, the K Xmas cards were cold, weird and manufactured in recent years as well, so maybe the Cambs are in fact taking cue from them! ick sly
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #337 on: December 21, 2017, 12:17:20 am »

That’s more like it! Hilarious photoshopped versions of William and Kate's formal Christmas card sweep social media

Social media users added a touch of fun to the Cambridge's Christmas card
    In one image, family-of-four are seen wearing astronaut helmets in outer-space
    Others show them polar-bear spotting and joining the Teletubbies in La La Land

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5197989/Duke-Duchess-Cambridges-card-photoshopped.html

https://twitter.com/Ciara_Knight/status/942829528250048513/
Kins
courtier

« Reply #338 on: December 21, 2017, 01:51:33 pm »

I'm sure Chris Jackson loves having his "work" made a joke LOL! Hard to believe he is allowed to call himself a professional photographer.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #339 on: December 21, 2017, 02:33:37 pm »

^No kidding.  The BRF keep trying to get a natural look and it just doesn't work with those robots so I'll give the photographer a slight break considering what he or she had to work with.

It's a valid question, though: Where is Kate's arm?

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: