Royal Gossip
May 26, 2017, 02:46:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince George of Cambridge Thread X (Read post #1 before posting)  (Read 36852 times)
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #540 on: May 22, 2017, 08:00:56 pm »

^Have to disagree on that one  -  I personally do not think bravo council cath for ticking him off in public like that, especially knowing that there were many photographers there.  It would have been far kinder to have done it quietly, behind the scenes, she could have taken him the other side of the wall.  Child rearing is never easy, but no way would I have ever behaved the way she did with sprog I on Saturday with any of my children.  It was also in front of the other children there as well.  Sorry, but in no way am I with council cath on this one.  No fan of sprog I but felt really sorry for him the way she treated him, and that mean mouth of hers as well.  The nanny was there as we know, and she does not look a push over, maybe council cath was flexing her muscles and trying to intimate that she is the displinarian, when all the time it is nanny behind the scenes.  IMO it was despicable behaviour on her part and not the right thing to do.  We all raise our kids differently, be a strange world if we didnĀ“t, however it does not mean we have to approve of what people do to their kids, and on this occasion I most strongly disapprove of what she did.
HRHOlya
Baroness

« Reply #541 on: May 22, 2017, 08:22:54 pm »

^ The nanny part was bizarre, they I think didn't think it through: they stuck her in the Norland uniform to show her her place and remind her that she's a servant, whilst showing the world that they truly have servants, because real life upstairs downstairs dontchaknow, but then she had to dodge everyone, come by herself and largely whilst being seen try not to be seen. As soon as they entered the church nanny M took over, visible in the pics, and after the service she had to remain behind.. The Midds didn't know what to go for: Show the world they have a servant - Norland nanny or pretend that Waity is a hands-on involved mum.
In the end it backfired massively, the Midds showed again what awful people they are and Waity didn't know how to handle a handful of children and then took it out on her own. On G only though, cause he's bruiser and C E Diana is favourite.

I'm still not sure what happened though for Waity to give G the bollocking he got (for the 1st time I felt heartbroken for him after seeing that pic of him where he looks super sad and has his brows furrowed), and I only agree with her actions if the story is true that he stepped on purpose on P's train, but even then it's truly debatable, because we haven't witnessed the whole thing first hand.  dontknow
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #542 on: May 22, 2017, 09:40:39 pm »

I have no idea what happened; I can only go by what I see.  And what I see is the end product of ineffective parenting.  They started this mindset before George even landed at the wedding by publicly stating how much she hoped he'd behave.  That was translated and is translated at home.  Of that I have no doubt.

In addition, unlike other royal families w/children (Sweden, for example) W/K are not giving their children the gift of knowing how to behave in public because they've locked those kids down.  They are not doing them any favors.  Gently guiding them to be comfortable in large groups and to understand the importance of other people, children and guests is an integral part of their place in life.  And, frankly, that's part of their jobs not only as parents but as, for now, a future figure head who will require the necessary skills and not be a total nutjob like his father, I believe.

There's a public face and private face for these people and that's what people expect and that's the way it should be.  Or else be Joe and Jane Average.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
dianab
Countess

« Reply #543 on: May 22, 2017, 09:47:09 pm »

The story in the papers was that supposedly C stepped accidentally on P's train and G then on purpose.

Child rearing always brings out fierce debates, so it's basically pointless to argue.

I do agree with Waity disciplining her children, esp if the story is true and he did it on purpose. Kids that small have to be disciplined immediately
, kids of an older age can be disciplined at a later point in the day, and then I agree it has to be done behind closed doors. And I'm serious in saying bravo Kate for doing your motherly duty, we know you're not hands-on, but I guess you took action when it was needed, so for once well done.

A nanny's job is to tell off her charges, if she doesn't discipline and do what she's employed for (raising the kids into hopefully good adults - like parents are supposed  to as well), then what good is she? Even if I were to employ a babysitter for a couple of hours, I'd expect for the babysitter to be firm when needed and not let the child rule the roost and boss the adult around and do as s/he pleases. A nanny is there round the clock, so she needs to be a second parent and not raise a spoilt entitled little brat. If true what I read, then Bill's behaviour at Andy & Fergie's wedding was down to a useless nanny, who pandered to him because he was the future king, instead of raising a child. So Diana fired her and employed a nanny who did what she was supposed to do, raise a kid properly, and thus Olga Powell came on the scene. We all know Olga was a disciplinarian.

People these days are over sensitive. It is quite reasonable imo for strangers to watch out for kids and at times to tell them off a bit, anyone who's at least babysat (and I have, kids of all ages through the years, might I add all of them family and the odd neighbour's kid) knows how hard it is to keep an eye on them all the time. Sometimes you just check the time and the little rascals have vanished or stolen another kid's teddy, it happens to the best.
In my family it is quite normal to look out for each other's kids and tell them off when appropriate. No biggie at all. Then others get their knickers in a twist, they blindly defend their kid and that helps raise a spoilt little brat, because they know that mummy &/ or daddy won't have anyone as much as look at precious little entitled snowflake. Kids will sometimes behave much better when a stranger tells them "no / stop it" than when a parent does.

Maybe we're not all on the same page what "telling off" means, I don't know, but as I said, child rearing talks can very often derail very quickly because everyone has a strong opinion about it.
WELL SAID!

PERFECT POST thankyou
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 09:48:51 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #544 on: May 22, 2017, 11:44:05 pm »

William and Kate need to get the children used to people and not lock them in for months never seen. They are both going to be before cameras as they grow up, One is the heir the other is the first Princess born to a future King in a generation. Hiding them out is not the answer. They need to get used to the way of life as senior royals.
HRHOlya
Baroness

« Reply #545 on: May 23, 2017, 03:19:12 pm »

^^^ & ^ Very true, I agree.

^^  thankyou
marion
Duchess

« Reply #546 on: May 24, 2017, 01:03:47 pm »

This was taken at pip's wedding around the time with scolded him..he looks frightened, cowed almost. What on earth is going on in that family.

https://felix2001a.tumblr.com/image/161001288085
india
Princess

« Reply #547 on: May 24, 2017, 01:41:02 pm »

I would assume from the looks of Prince George that he is terrified of Council Cath. Terrified. No telling what she does to him behind closed doors.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #548 on: May 24, 2017, 02:11:46 pm »

Maybe down the road, a new "Mommie Dearest" book will be in the offing
india
Princess

« Reply #549 on: May 24, 2017, 04:43:08 pm »

Something should be done about this.
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #550 on: May 24, 2017, 10:58:19 pm »

Absolutely. royal or commoner, the welfare of children should be paramount.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #551 on: May 25, 2017, 09:38:12 pm »

I am os utterly fed up.

She had those kids to cement her place in the BRF and second, I am fed up with the 'martyr mother' complex that Kate has. I am fed up with her constant victim narrative and constant BS about how the kids are such a pain and how miserably isolated she feels. All about her fantasy of being a victim.

She's victimizing her kids and I am fed up with all of it. Throw her out of the BRF and let her be the eternal victim.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #552 on: May 25, 2017, 09:50:36 pm »

^Wish it would happen but I can't see The Idiot Prince Weakling doing it. It would be wonderful though.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #553 on: May 25, 2017, 09:58:30 pm »

^^Have to agree, KF.  There's no excuse for public whining on her part about anything.  It's extremely unseemly considering her advantages.  Especially when it comes to how she struggles with parenting.  Give me a break.  And it's borderline bullying, which she supposedly suffered under, towards her son. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
marion
Duchess

« Reply #554 on: May 25, 2017, 10:35:25 pm »

Considering how she "champions" mental health issues esp in young people I think k she is o e big hypocrite. If anyone else is going to have mental health issues it is PG from the recent pics we've seen.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: