Royal Gossip
October 20, 2017, 08:40:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince William: Press Articles & Random Chat 2017  (Read 11866 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #240 on: August 12, 2017, 08:56:39 pm »

W&K don't want to do the work involved.
These "William for next King" people are silly. The thing about monarchies is that the next in line has/gets to inherit. Charles is first in line, not William. It's all about birth order and blood line. If people could choose the next king or queen, that would be a democracy and why have a monarch at all?

I think the worst thing Diana EVER did was declare war on Charles and basically even MENTION that Charles had limitations that would prevent him from being an effective king. There was NO excuse for any of that and I do think HM was justified in ordering a divorce; I don't believe Diana was ever justified in doing that.

WK don't have any allies (powerful ones that is) and they have a huge roster of enemies who are just waiting for the right chance to pounce. Neither even have the courtiers on their side and neither are aware that people are just biding their time until the right crack in the wall reveals itself.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #241 on: August 12, 2017, 10:59:43 pm »

What Diana said has been said by others. Charles likes to speak out on all sorts of issues and he has pushed the envelope. As King he can't do that sort of thing which are the "limits" Diana talked about. He would in effect by silenced from butting into politics and other situations. She did not say he would be incompetent or ineffective.  Diana probably knew she could not straight out say he would be incompetent and WIll would be better. Even Junor said something similar about Charles! And Diana had no real power to displace Charles it was not as if she were storming the Palace. Today, Will would probably be horrified to hear he must become the next monarch

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jan/03/prince-charles-meddling-monarch-royal-neutrality

I think if the Queen had not stepped in Charles would have been out there again giving another interview.

Charles did push the envelope himself when he told his biographer how horribly he was treated by his parents and how miserable he was. HE also blames his parents for his marrying Diana (like he was a baby or something).  Junor and Smith continue the poor Charles mantra. Charles shot himself in the foot also when he named Camilla as his mistress, forcing a divorce. And that pretty much made him obligated to marry the mistress  and not marry someone who could have been more suitable to the public. He might even have had more children.

Charles treatment of Diana was deplorable. Some women would have retaliated in a much stronger way against the husband. Diana stayed in the marriage for 10 years (before the separation).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 11:04:56 pm by sandy » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #242 on: September 10, 2017, 07:33:22 pm »

I do think William believes that he's being prevented from being glorious by everyone around him; he reminds me of those who still think the world should notice their glory before they make any kind of effort. With the right upbringing he would be a living icon, but instead he's just a bad joke.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Lindsay
Baroness

« Reply #243 on: September 10, 2017, 09:37:28 pm »

While I agree William probably thinks those around him are preventing his glory, which is ridiculous considering how much everyone around him bends over backwards to give William his way (Problem Number One). I don't know that he has the intelligence (emotional and otherwise), the charisma, the personality, the ability to connect and make an impression to truly be an icon. He could achieve way more than he has and become impressive and accomplished but I don't know that he has iconic in him. He is mean even jokingly, takes himself very seriously, and doesn't have "it". Without the Middletons and the spoil and coddle William upbringing some of that may have gone away but some is just who he is. He'd be a better heir and all over person and the BRF would be better for it but they made their bed... and now they have Willnot and Cannot
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #244 on: September 10, 2017, 10:47:55 pm »

Deep down, I don't think the BRF ever got over Diana's star power and enjoyed the adulation. I believe that the BRF has been trying to replicate it, minus the work and genuine goodwill and for a brief time, the monarchy was secure. It's not like much effort had to be made, but the thing is, that the BRF has been trying to make each marriage happen, but it hasn't since Kate and William don't want to make their own effort and do the hard slog. If William had spent his twenties getting a genuine education and working twice as hard to prove himself half as good, I am certain that he might in fact have a shot at doing formal ambassadorships and credibility. He simply does not want to make the effort. He clearly doesn't want to though, he wants his ideas and theories to become realty and that is not how it works.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #245 on: September 11, 2017, 02:35:42 am »

I don't really know why but PW doesn't seem like a nice person, to me.  You can get away with a lot in the public eye if you send off genuine warm vibes.  You can try, fail, make mistakes, do stupid stuff, but people will allow for redemption because they feel a humanity there and can relate because they can feel your intentions are honorable.

The other thing is his dorky presence combined with a barely disguised disdain.  Only cool people with Star Quality can get away with that and he doesn't have it.  The whining, petulant spoiled brat attitude shot that between the eyes.

So, what's left to keep him relevant?  Charities!  Alas, he screws that up too by picking either trendy issues or following other's ideas.  The one thing that his mother did that no one has done since is reach out to the unreachable.  She took risks and was hailed as a leader in her endeavors through a genuine caring nature combined with courage.

I have yet to see him behave like a fully grown man with integrity and any real passion for anything except privacy.  He's quite the Zero.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #246 on: September 11, 2017, 04:03:52 am »

Yes, yooper, but he was born in a very luxurious and very protected environment, have to have patience with him. Sometimes it takes time for the person to go through difficult situations, and can see that our lives are worth nothing, that we are dust, that clinging to material goods is just an illusion, and what really matters is love to God and love of neighbor. hug eating cookies

Motto for the year 2017: "Saying with a loud voice, Have fear of God and give him glory; because the hour of his judging is come; and give worship to him who made heaven and earth and the sea and the fountains of water." (AP 14:7).
http://icmaranata.pt/index.php - Portugal www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br, www.icm.org.br, http://radiomaanaim.com.br/v1/ - Brazil
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #247 on: September 11, 2017, 04:14:42 am »

I don't really know why but PW doesn't seem like a nice person, to me.  You can get away with a lot in the public eye if you send off genuine warm vibes.  You can try, fail, make mistakes, do stupid stuff, but people will allow for redemption because they feel a humanity there and can relate because they can feel your intentions are honorable.
The other thing is his dorky presence combined with a barely disguised disdain.  Only cool people with Star Quality can get away with that and he doesn't have it.  The whining, petulant spoiled brat attitude shot that between the eyes.
So, what's left to keep him relevant?  Charities!  Alas, he screws that up too by picking either trendy issues or following other's ideas.  The one thing that his mother did that no one has done since is reach out to the unreachable.  She took risks and was hailed as a leader in her endeavors through a genuine caring nature combined with courage.
I have yet to see him behave like a fully grown man with integrity and any real passion for anything except privacy.  He's quite the Zero.

I think he's had problems facing the fact that he can't go back and do things over. He ended his life the minute he decided to play along with the image of being the perfect monogamous prince and threw his twenties away on being the 'daddy' to a fully grown adult. IN a way I feel for him, but he could have ended that for good ten years ago and decided to start living a real life. Instead he threw it all away.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #248 on: September 21, 2017, 02:24:01 pm »

How Prince William Trained to Be King as a Teen – Amid the Queen’s at Times ‘Prickly’ Relationship with Charles

How Prince William Trained to Be King as a Teen – Amid the Queen's at Times ‘Prickly’ Relationship with Charles

PEOPLE Cover Story: Prince William – Royal Dad, Future King

Prince William has been a monarch-in-training all his life — with his grandmother as the ultimate mentor.

Queen Elizabeth, 91, has been gently guiding him along the path to the throne as he prepares for the day when he will follow her and his father, Prince Charles.

“There has always been a special closeness between William and the Queen, and she has taken a particular interest in him,” Robert Lacey, historian and consultant to the hit Netflix series The Crown, tells PEOPLE in this week’s cover story.

“It’s no secret that she and Charles have had a prickly relationship at times,” Lacey adds. “When William became a teenager, she would have him at Windsor Castle and would open the state boxes and guide him through the papers. It was William’s constitutional education.”

http://people.com/royals/how-prince-william-trained-to-be-king-as-a-teen-amid-the-queens-at-times-prickly-relationship-with-charles/

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
sandy
Princess

« Reply #249 on: September 21, 2017, 03:24:57 pm »

This appears to try to whitewash William idling away time in his 20s. Maybe as a teenager he had more of an interest in these things but around the time he went to St. Andrew's it was downhill.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #250 on: September 21, 2017, 04:00:56 pm »

How Prince William Trained to Be King as a Teen – Amid the Queen’s at Times ‘Prickly’ Relationship with Charles

How Prince William Trained to Be King as a Teen – Amid the Queen's at Times ‘Prickly’ Relationship with Charles
PEOPLE Cover Story: Prince William – Royal Dad, Future King
Prince William has been a monarch-in-training all his life — with his grandmother as the ultimate mentor.
Queen Elizabeth, 91, has been gently guiding him along the path to the throne as he prepares for the day when he will follow her and his father, Prince Charles.
“There has always been a special closeness between William and the Queen, and she has taken a particular interest in him,” Robert Lacey, historian and consultant to the hit Netflix series The Crown, tells PEOPLE in this week’s cover story.
“It’s no secret that she and Charles have had a prickly relationship at times,” Lacey adds. “When William became a teenager, she would have him at Windsor Castle and would open the state boxes and guide him through the papers. It was William’s constitutional education.”
http://people.com/royals/how-prince-william-trained-to-be-king-as-a-teen-amid-the-queens-at-times-prickly-relationship-with-charles/

I have no idea just how much more abuse any son should dare dole out to his own father. After all Charles has done for his sons (enabling them to be protected from the press, from work, from any kind of challenge) this is how William pays him back. Charles set up the Prince's Trust, which William and Harry could be working at full time and Charles protected them even from Prince Edward and from so many other things that were the usual challenges of adulthood. Charles' money puts food and clothes on his table and back and Charles' work enables the monarchy to continue, enabling William to live in palaces.

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #251 on: September 21, 2017, 04:20:12 pm »

I don´t believe a word of the article.  In his teens bill medd was too "medicated" and falling out of clubs blind drunk at 4 a.m. in the morning to be a "trainee king".  Hogwash, the lot of it, and People mag is not know for telling the truth anyway.  I call it a lot of  BS BS BS  -  nothing but lies start to finish.  He has always been a  lazy, petulant, angry great dork, no change since his teens at all.  What about is Cambridge course for learning how to run the Duchy of Cornwall, never finished that did he and as I recall took the rag bag to the Maldives, minus the sprog as well, left him at home, didn´t bother them when it suited did it.  His ability to be a future "king" is zero, he is all me, me, me and me again, every time.  He has no charisma, no charm, and does not bond well with people  -  major qualities required for a position like that.  The whitewash doesn´t work any more, and all they do is look foolish for putting it out there.  He has shown his true colours, time and time again, and they are not pretty and also very very tainted.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #252 on: September 21, 2017, 04:44:42 pm »

I can't get over how stupid William came off trying to speak a foreign language in Canada after his wedding and then he had the stupidity to play to the gallery. He is the single most under-educated prince in the world right now. Many European princes by now know multiple languages, know world leaders and their deputies, and he can't even stay in school without going off on trips somewhere. He's made such a waste of his life it's disgusting.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #253 on: September 21, 2017, 05:37:00 pm »

Instead of taking advantage of training for running the Duchy, he skips out on a 10 week course and makes occasional photo ops there. HE selected a fake job and "nobly" donated his money to "charity" (never specified which one). In a way, Charles did him no favors by cocooning him and the Queen did him no favors allegedly encouraging him to take a hiatus from full time work to "be with his family."  He should have been given a full plate of work which he was required to complete. Charles also overreacted to Edward leaving the cameras at St. Andrews. I think that Charles just was spiteful with Edward. No love lost between them.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #254 on: September 21, 2017, 05:43:46 pm »

William was raised as a middle class snowflake (I do have a resentment towards that particular class due to the prejudice I've experienced from them) and he was raised to be taken care of, not take care of himself and be resourceful and take care of others (as is his JOB as a prince) and he was not required to even live on his own (he had more than enough palaces to set up to set up a household in) and was coddled like a plaything, not a prince.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #255 on: September 21, 2017, 06:35:54 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4904868/How-curse-drug-addiction-seeped-Royal-Family.html

This article is sickening. After his years of club hopping with Kate and drinking he holds himself up as a paragon. WHy not publish some of HIS photos. The Golden Prince returns. William also presumes to talk about drug laws.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #256 on: September 21, 2017, 08:30:25 pm »

Because it isnt known any past drug use/abuse of his part... fair is fair
sandy
Princess

« Reply #257 on: September 21, 2017, 09:33:55 pm »

Harry did not become an addict. His problems  (experimenting as a teen) were used as PR by Bolland which was very unfortunate and Charles and Bolland were criticized for it. Alcohol can become an addiction. I still don't think William AND Harry set a good example with all the clubbing in their twenties.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #258 on: September 21, 2017, 09:41:23 pm »

ITA Sandy; neither made ANYTHING of themselves in their twenties and I can't get over how they threw their lives away partying and thought that they would just launch into the top stratosphere after they turned thirty with nothing to stand on. William thought lobbying to poppy pins to be worn was a huge victory and it's a shame that he ignored an entire country and commonwealth in favor of clubs and smutty women. Both uncultured and uncouth.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #259 on: September 21, 2017, 10:07:04 pm »

It is well known that when William was at Eton he went to Windsor Castle on Sunday afternoons for these constitutional lessons with the Queen.

Like Charles he is also seeing the boxes daily - not all of the papers the Queen sees - but enough to be able to step up with little extra information needed.

He spent his 20s doing exactly what other young men of his age and class did in the UK - went to university, had a gap year, did post-uni training (in his case the army) worked and partied. Fairly normal life for most people in their 20s.

Charles didn't want the princes working at the Princes Trust in their 20s and they have no interest in that 'cause' anyway. It will morph into the 'King's Trust' when Charles becomes The King and then will become a 'Memorial Trust' or stop operating when he dies as neither of them have any interest at all in doing anything that is associated with their father.

Neither of them need Charles' money having inherited millions from their mother. The only reason they take Charles' money is to build up their own capital - probably to use when they bring down the entire ediface - something they are both committed to doing.

The Queen trained William the same way she trained Charles - with 'on the job' training - doing what she does such as reading the boxes, meeting with ministers, doing investitures, doing engagements both at home and overseas - the same way she was trained by her father and George V was trained by his father.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: