Royal Gossip
December 15, 2017, 04:41:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince William: Press Articles & Random Chat 2017  (Read 13803 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #220 on: July 24, 2017, 05:28:23 pm »

I think Charles is fighting a losing battle, his spin is so heavy handed it is not being bought into like he thought it would be.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #221 on: July 24, 2017, 05:28:38 pm »

How odd, that article about bill medd being ready to step up was released by DM at 01.44 this morning UK time. Yet there are only 86 comments, and most of them pretty scathing with the same opinion as a few of us on here, work shy, lazy, not prepared for anything, etc etc.  Saying he is not ready or fit to be king.  I think the comments were too harsh and the DM blocked the comments section.  Shows you how scathing they must have been.

There is no battle to fight, Charles is next in line to the throne, quite simple.  The fight will be whether or not camzilla is called something like Princess Consort of the Queen  -  the latter will open rather a large hornets net, and I think if he does not want to abdicate then he needs to announce her at Princess Consort
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 05:30:36 pm by gingerboy24 » Logged
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #222 on: July 24, 2017, 06:19:26 pm »

I think the battle is that Charles and Camilla continue to insult/diminish Diana periodically, in an attempt to build them up.  William and Harry come out with memories of their mother to spike the guns of C&C&Junor/whomever.  Actually, I think this is one of the more admirable things the Wales boys have ever done.  Good for them for reminding the public of the good and human side of Diana.   

Years ago (late 90s early 00s) I was in a royalty forum with the author Greg King.  He stated that his sources said that William was aware of who had betrayed/harmed his mother within the Royal Family and was also aware of how he had been used in the campaign to rehabilitate Camilla.  I knew then that her sons were biding their time and would react in some manner in the future.   I think this is it.  They won't come out and directly repudiate their grandmother, grandfather and father (and whomever else) but they continue with the drip, drip, drip of stories about how wonderful their mother was and how much they loved her.

I think it is brilliant.   
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #223 on: July 24, 2017, 06:21:07 pm »

All I can speak for is myself and I've lost a parent and nothing they say has made any impact on how I dealt with it or any of that.  Their situation is so beyond the norm that it doesn't translate to me at all.  In fact, it annoys me.  Their job is to help others, not use their platform to look for sympathy.  Not only is it insulting to those who are struggling with real loss of not only a parent or child or spouse left without enough funds to survive properly but it's, again, showing their lack of inner strength and gratitude.

It seems to me that the British, in general, are less inclined to wear their hearts on their sleeves, especially in public, so I can see how many would see this as unseemly.

If anybody recalls, Diana herself lost a parent during a very difficult time, came from a broken home and still managed to keep giving of herself.  Heartless she was not and she used that pain in the most positive way possible.  I cannot imagine in my wildest dreams that she'd still be banging on about that to this day.  She'd be busy in whatever manner she could find to be useful.  That is her legacy and they're just too full of themselves to see that and it drives me to distraction. 

Can't they just for once stop making everyone around them carry their drama? Clearly William is determined to make everyone around him pay for not giving him the upbringing he thought he was owed and frankly I am fed up with how William (and Harry too) think that the world should have just stopped for them the minute their mother died and made them the center of existence.

First, no one owed William or Harry anything.
Second, life has to go on one way or another and William and Harry surely had all the help that could be brought to them from around the world.
Three, William and Harry were not owed a 9-5 upbringing and neither parent should have put their lives on hold for them; Diana and Charles worked so they could have all that and second, Diana and Charles after the divorce had a right to a life of their own; neither were under any requirement to neglect their own growth and lives to coo over their latest stubbed toe.
Four, no one owed William or Harry anything; William ended up with Kate because she laid out her family for him, no other reason; no one should be expected to put off their own lives and growth and development to parent them or introduce them to their families to take advantage of.
Five, Diana has been dead for 20 years and I am tired of how she's been deified and I am tired of how WH think the world should drop everything and lay it all out. I don't think that the world should go back to that period of grieving and what's done is done.

I am fed up with how William is making everyone around him put their lives on hold for his nonstop addiction to grieving.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #224 on: July 24, 2017, 06:27:17 pm »

^Well said, feel the same way.  So sock of him riding on the coat tails of his dead mother, wonder sometimes if he is right in the head.  He has the most wonderful, luxurious life any person could have yet he sees himself as the victim, entitled to it and feels he doesn´t need to give anything back.  Vile man, truly vile, needs to grow up as well, behaving like sprog II having a tantrum in public.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2017, 06:35:04 pm »

All I can speak for is myself and I've lost a parent and nothing they say has made any impact on how I dealt with it or any of that.  Their situation is so beyond the norm that it doesn't translate to me at all.  In fact, it annoys me.  Their job is to help others, not use their platform to look for sympathy.  Not only is it insulting to those who are struggling with real loss of not only a parent or child or spouse left without enough funds to survive properly but it's, again, showing their lack of inner strength and gratitude.

It seems to me that the British, in general, are less inclined to wear their hearts on their sleeves, especially in public, so I can see how many would see this as unseemly.

If anybody recalls, Diana herself lost a parent during a very difficult time, came from a broken home and still managed to keep giving of herself.  Heartless she was not and she used that pain in the most positive way possible.  I cannot imagine in my wildest dreams that she'd still be banging on about that to this day.  She'd be busy in whatever manner she could find to be useful.  That is her legacy and they're just too full of themselves to see that and it drives me to distraction.

Can't they just for once stop making everyone around them carry their drama? Clearly William is determined to make everyone around him pay for not giving him the upbringing he thought he was owed and frankly I am fed up with how William (and Harry too) think that the world should have just stopped for them the minute their mother died and made them the center of existence.

First, no one owed William or Harry anything.
Second, life has to go on one way or another and William and Harry surely had all the help that could be brought to them from around the world.
Three, William and Harry were not owed a 9-5 upbringing and neither parent should have put their lives on hold for them; Diana and Charles worked so they could have all that and second, Diana and Charles after the divorce had a right to a life of their own; neither were under any requirement to neglect their own growth and lives to coo over their latest stubbed toe.
Four, no one owed William or Harry anything; William ended up with Kate because she laid out her family for him, no other reason; no one should be expected to put off their own lives and growth and development to parent them or introduce them to their families to take advantage of.
Five, Diana has been dead for 20 years and I am tired of how she's been deified and I am tired of how WH think the world should drop everything and lay it all out. I don't think that the world should go back to that period of grieving and what's done is done.

I am fed up with how William is making everyone around him put their lives on hold for his nonstop addiction to grieving.

I don't think Diana has been deified for the most part. Junor and other writers to flatter Charles trash her. She is neither a saint nor the horrid person Junor depicts her as. I also don't get the rush for Charles to do all that PR for Camilla (over the years to try to get her accepted). He had his heirs and did not have to remarry quickly to get them --Camilla could not have any more children in any case.He should have been working with the Queen to give William and Harry work and have them work for the perks and privileges.

I think this special is being broadcast in the US today. I have to check.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2017, 06:36:19 pm »

Just the thought of PW as a king is unreal.  Is he hiding some amazing leadership and devotion to duty of which I'm sure unaware?  Doubt it!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #227 on: July 24, 2017, 07:11:13 pm »

I think the battle is that Charles and Camilla continue to insult/diminish Diana periodically, in an attempt to build them up.  William and Harry come out with memories of their mother to spike the guns of C&C&Junor/whomever.  Actually, I think this is one of the more admirable things the Wales boys have ever done.  Good for them for reminding the public of the good and human side of Diana.   

Years ago (late 90s early 00s) I was in a royalty forum with the author Greg King.  He stated that his sources said that William was aware of who had betrayed/harmed his mother within the Royal Family and was also aware of how he had been used in the campaign to rehabilitate Camilla.  I knew then that her sons were biding their time and would react in some manner in the future.   I think this is it.  They won't come out and directly repudiate their grandmother, grandfather and father (and whomever else) but they continue with the drip, drip, drip of stories about how wonderful their mother was and how much they loved her.

I think it is brilliant.   

I agree with you. Also interesting about Greg King and what he wrote.

I don't think that people/ (hardcore) fans are that stupid to see Diana as "saint" as often claimed, it is the hard and unreasonable push by C&C (&Junor, & others) to make out Diana as a really bad person which is a grave mistake and which pushes people to come out to defend her, which in turn results in a "St Diana" view (on the surface); but if people (meaning everyone who's taken a side in/ opinion on the to this day continuing Wales War) were to take into account everyone's mistakes, and writings like eg Junor's ridiculous rubbish were stopped, then it would lead to a more balanced discussion and C&C would be better off. Even when Junor admits to some character flaw or fault of Charles's, then she always follows up with a "but" and makes it someone else's fault that Charles is the way he is or did what he did. They could build up Camilla actually, but they'd have to acknowledge Diana and her positive contributions and admit to their mistakes and ask for forgivness from the people. Not this blatantly, mind, but as usual in typical royal fashion: veiled. That would work much better than have everything be someone else's fault and disrespect along the way the mother of his children, a woman who did quite a lot for the underprivileged and made a great impact on worthy causes. C&C are so up themselves that they can't admit to their faults and acknowledge Diana the way she deserves to be acknowledged, which shows their disastrous lack of emotional intelligence.

The comments remain scathing towards W&H and imo rightly so. Diana deserves that her boys at long last defend her and push back and I think many fans appreciate some of the stories and insight into that time, but this cannot and won't rehabilitate their image and they should stop using her for their own gain (which in this case is imo part own gain but more so defending her against all the trashing bs that has ever and esp recently been published). And this also isn't "William's turning point to step up" as one journo claims, he has had how many now of those? It's the same empty rubbish like "Kate is keen and will hit the ground running! ...soonish"

I seriously cannot see this institution lasting and everyone has contributed to that majorly: Diana (and imo not because she was allegedly a "republican at heart working on destroying it", but because she set a serious work ethic and had an impact on people that new generations can't and -even worse- won't emulate/ step up to), Charles (lack of understanding for the poor, putting mistress first always, not raising his kids properly, trashing his dead ex-wife, blaming everyone but himself), Camilla (need I explain), the Yorks (that includes Fergie), William, Kate, Harry, Liz the queen mum (for spoiling the heirs b/c they were the heirs) and Liz (for sticking her head in the sand and never taking it out again). They are all reasons and you all know why - and there are even more people & things responsible-, there's much more than what I wrote (in the brackets & altogether), but I don't need to explain it to you, as many of you know many things better than I do.
Lastly what will bury them is how the world has changed, how everyone is a witness to their debauchery and incapability and has records on their dealings (hello internet!). It is much harder to hide things from people and yes, there were unsuitable heirs before and some of them did amazingly well once on the throne, but things are just different now. People are also waking up to the perpetual inequality of working hard and parting with their money so that another family can live for generations in the lap of luxury and the still predominant caste system, wherein if you don't have the breeding, you needn't apply and won't come far. The rampant class issue in Britain is shocking in this day and age, and yet people tend to comment on India's disaster of a class system, not seeing how their own isn't much better.

Every empire & dynasty has fallen. This one won't last forever, either.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 07:13:51 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #228 on: July 24, 2017, 07:55:12 pm »

I don't think the monarchy will last; the FIRST major signal that the institution is at fault is that the royal family is continuously at war with itself and therefore everything is shaky. The French royal family had no respect or stability within and then it ended up falling; same with the Romanovs and I admit I am sick of how William is constantly at war with itself. Frankly I do not believe that any of the idiot princes (William, Charles, Harry) refusing to fall into line; none of them are showing respect for HM at all by mouthing off and frankly I do believe that there isn't at all any cohesion. I can't get over how William clearly has no view that without the monarchy protecting him, he will self destruct. He clearly (along with his brother) thinks that by abdicating one inch of control over everything, that it'll all go his way, but clearly the *fool* doesn't realize that he is giving the Middletons power that they will NEVER quietly give back and the enemies of his family (there are many) will use this and clearly the enemies of his nation (many more) will do all they can to take full advantage.

William was not the first upper class kid to have a nanny and he's not the first upper class kid to have parents both working hard. None of what he has comes for free and I am certain that he doesn't realize this. His 'finding himself' has cost his nation dear and I am fed up with how he makes just existing a majr favor for everyone around him. He has gall. He might think he is a member of the MIdds by existence, but the idiot has forced his nation to pay a high price for being part of that family.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #229 on: July 27, 2017, 12:19:46 am »

Over, and out! Prince William prepares for his final shift after two years as an air ambulance helicopter pilot – but what next for the future king?

The Prince will fly his final mission for East Anglian Air Ambulance later today
    The Duke of Cambridge has worked for the rescue charity since March 2015
    He said he has gained experience on the job he will carry for the rest of his life
    Future king will now spend more time in London and expand his royal duties

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4733056/Prince-William-prepares-final-shift-rescue-pilot.html

So they actually mean the last of about a dozen photo-ops shifts in two years....  wopedo
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #230 on: July 27, 2017, 12:31:14 am »

^Amazing; he has actually decided to stop dodging his responsibilities and get to his real work. I wager his other pilots will be glad to see the back of him; no more having to work twice over, work while he parties and comes back for a few hours, and he'll be doing his duty as a prince. This is long overdue and I hope HM told him to do his duties and stop dithering. time for kissing babies and cutting ribbons and it's good that he's no longer going to be allowed to over work the others while he slacks off.

Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #231 on: July 27, 2017, 04:25:33 am »

Doesn't one need to...you know, WORK,  in order to have a final shift?

I haven't played since I stopped
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #232 on: July 27, 2017, 08:57:49 am »

A final shift?  Out of how many we ask ourselves.  The photos his pal Chris Jackson took when bill medd deigned to turn up at EAAA were for pr purposes only.  Jackson barely gone 5 miniutes and bill medd high tailing it in his expensive car off to goodness knows where, but something inane, stupid and of totally useless.  It galls me that they all still actually believe that the public believe he ever worked there.  No worries about security on emergencies, he was never ruddy well there anyway.  As for that time when he was allegedly helping the paramedics, that was an acting job. The pilots do not interfere with the medics, it was all another pr shenanigan, again no doubt photos taken by Chris Jackson, who was getting 500 GBP a go to do it.  Nice little earner that, turf up at EAAA, half an hour of photos, royalties for them as well no doubt, and then off back home knowing he has just made himself 500 GBP.  Wouldn´t mind a job like that myself.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #233 on: July 27, 2017, 09:55:18 am »

^^  easter-lol Except for him... It doesn't concern him.

LadyVi
gossip insider

« Reply #234 on: July 27, 2017, 05:45:05 pm »

So Will's "private yet in the CC 30 minute visit" was for filming.....

Harry's filming at the Aids centre wasn't btw

https://mobile.twitter.com/_peppersmint_/status/889585064476106756

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #235 on: July 28, 2017, 01:31:28 pm »

^About sums him up really.  So lazy he has to get such minor things on the CC  -  again, I blame HM, it should be taken off.  Having a shower will be next, ahead of an engagement, that will be on the CC soon  laugh laugh
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #236 on: August 12, 2017, 02:34:40 pm »

Most Brits want Prince William to be the next King… and over a third say Camilla Parker-Bowles should not become Queen if Prince Charles takes the throne

MORE than half of Brits want Prince William to be the next King, The Sun can reveal — while just a fifth reckon it should be his father Charles.
And in a further blow to the Prince of Wales, 36 per cent said his wife Camilla should be Princess Consort rather than Queen if he does take the throne.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4226442/prince-william-charles-next-king-camilla-parker-bowles/amp/

Too bad people don't get that William doesn't want the mop . If the BRF collapse tomorrow William will be doing a happy dance.

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
sandy
Princess

« Reply #237 on: August 12, 2017, 03:34:06 pm »

Well Charles and his people did say she would be called PRincess Consort back in 2005.

William groaned about the weight of duty so I don't think he's eager to be King. And Kate would have to do a lot more work.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #238 on: August 12, 2017, 07:20:12 pm »

W&K don't want to do the work involved.

These "William for next King" people are silly. The thing about monarchies is that the next in line has/gets to inherit. Charles is first in line, not William. It's all about birth order and blood line. If people could choose the next king or queen, that would be a democracy and why have a monarch at all?
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #239 on: August 12, 2017, 08:41:05 pm »

^ Those are called "elective monarchies" and exist still today in some countries!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elective_monarchy

Though in that case it makes more sense to be a democracy/ republic....  dontknow
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: