Royal Gossip
March 26, 2019, 01:18:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate: Press Articles & Random I Chat 2017  (Read 41467 times)
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #300 on: November 24, 2017, 02:53:33 pm »

^ You mean the Vogue cover she then did do later? Not too well apparently and the money did not go to charities.

'She wasn't the best-selling issue': Alexandra Shulman reveals that Kate's Vogue cover was beaten by the September issue featuring Cara Delevingne

Editor appeared on BBC's Woman's Hour this morning
    Revealed that September issue with Cara on cover outsold Kate
    Said it was down to September being most popular month for fashion
    Made remarks during discussion on featuring black models on cover

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3874864/Kate-Middleton-s-Vogue-cover-not-selling-year.html

The article/ statements by Vogue and others wax lyrical, glossing over the fact that others (and eg Diana in her day) would have easily made the biggest sales, and making excuses why the September issue outsold Kate's.

From the article

"Nonetheless, it's surprising that Kate's cover did not outdo September sales considering it was the magazine's centenary issue and therefore a collectible item.

As soon as the photo shoot with Kate was revealed, brand experts predicted a huge sales boom for the magazine.

PR expert Mark Borkowski said: 'Money can't buy that sort of publicity. It's beyond monetary value, because she's a celebrity in the US and a global icon.'

Jack Izzard, director of the PR consultancy Rhizome Media, added: 'For Vogue to put Kate on its cover is a testament to her fashion clout – but also a shrewd tactical move.

'Kate is at the height of her powers as a global fashion icon, so the PR value to Vogue of having her as a cover star is astronomical."

They focues on marketing predictions and what someone like her could do (for the magazine), but totally seem to have missed critical issues.
1. Kate's covers are famous for not selling well (any paper/ magazine)
2. Kate is contrary to hype and the fluff statement at the end not a powerful global fashion icon and her PR value as cover star is not astronomical.
3. Apart from not selling any mags or papers, she also has no "Kate effect" as she does not have any influence over sales booms. Wearing sth from seasons ago and then saying "it all sold out!" is no selling influence at all.
In summary: Kate does simply not sell and does not have any influence or power over anything at all.

Beyond that the article goes into a race issue of Vogue being too white and not black enough.......

And

'Money can't buy that sort of publicity': Vogue enjoys the 'Kate effect' after she graced the cover of their 100th edition but they are not giving anything to charity

Duchess of Cambridge's photoshoot has been toasted as huge PR success
    Magazine is expected to see sales soar this month with royal on the cover
    It emerged today that money raised from the edition will not go to charity

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3575413/Vogue-enjoys-Kate-effect-profits-aren-t-going-charity.html

Well, that sort of publicity is better not bought to begin with, even if money were able to buy it...

And then

"Speaking on BBC Radio 4's Woman's Hour, Shulman said: "[Kate Middleton] did very very well for us, but actually she wasn't the best-selling issue of the year.""

https://www.standard.co.uk/fashion/news/cara-delevingnes-vogue-cover-sold-more-copies-than-centenary-issue-covered-by-kate-middleton-a3380546.html

But they just won't give any numbers, which they would if the cover sold as well as they pretend it did. It was a major bomb and they won't admit it.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #301 on: November 29, 2017, 08:07:20 pm »

Keeping Kate company? Carole Middleton is spotted leaving Kensington Palace with her pregnant daughter while Prince William is on an official visit to Finland

Her husband Prince William is on an official visit to Finland, but the Duchess of Cambridge does not need to be worry about getting lonely.
For her mother Carole Middleton, 62, has stepped in to keep her pregnant daughter company while the Duke of Cambridge is overseas.
The mother and daughter were spotted leaving Kensington Palace for an outing on Wednesday afternoon.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5129703/Kate-Middleton-leaving-Kensington-Palace-Carole.html
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #302 on: November 29, 2017, 11:48:02 pm »

A little OT I know,  Embarrassed
But is it just me, or does Will look rather sloshed or hung over in this pic? (if it were canada or china I'd say it's the jet lag but...Finland?) Lips Sealed  blink

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/11/29/18/46CE294200000578-5129703-image-m-35_1511980152040.jpg

Do they have skinny maternity jeans now? where the F is the belly? huh
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/11/29/18/46CCF4F100000578-5129703-Country_Kate_The_pregnant_Duchess_of_Cambridge_dressed_down_in_a-a-39_1511980469116.jpg

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #303 on: December 01, 2017, 01:51:39 pm »

Low-key Kate is snapped at Kings Cross station as the world watches bride-to-be Meghan's first royal engagement at Prince Harry's side

The pregnant Duchess of Cambridge was seen arriving at King Cross St Pancras station on Friday
    Opted for a more casual look as she was off-duty, pairing a £99.99 Zara coat with a pair of jeans 
    Her visit comes the same day Harry and Meghan travelled by train for their engagement in Nottingham

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5136373/Low-key-Kate-snapped-Kings-Cross-station.html

Suddenly we have pap shots of Waity and no threats to sue everyone left right and centre for taking pics of precious precious in public spaces  easter-think
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #304 on: December 01, 2017, 01:57:48 pm »

^She looks better here than I've seen in a long time.  Except for the ubiquitous jeggings!!!  Hair off the face is an improvement and I love that car coat.  She always seems better dressed down, tho.  Glamor is not her thing at all.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #305 on: December 01, 2017, 02:00:39 pm »

That's weird, as the CC reported that Will flew into Norfolk from Finland on 30/11. Did Kate have her children with her, I wonder? They were both going to Anmer I suppose. Maybe George and Char went there by car.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CepeSmith/status/936394287708852224?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #306 on: December 01, 2017, 02:24:41 pm »

But why send the kids by car and go herself by train? Why the separation?

Kate amazingly looks always better dressed down, incl her engagement a couple of days ago (though the boots were fugly, a bit manly, quite clunky in the heel and sole area, but I can look past that).

And she looks here more professional than at most engagements, save for the horrid jeggings ick But even those don't seem to cut off her circulation as they usually do...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #307 on: December 01, 2017, 02:26:45 pm »

^That’s so true and strange.  She does look more professional here than all the contrived outing outfits that never seem to work. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #308 on: December 01, 2017, 02:38:31 pm »

I like the coat .kate needs to dress my like this this is her style
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #309 on: December 01, 2017, 07:22:28 pm »

Low-key Kate is snapped at Kings Cross station as the world watches bride-to-be Meghan's first royal engagement at Prince Harry's side

The pregnant Duchess of Cambridge was seen arriving at King Cross St Pancras station on Friday
    Opted for a more casual look as she was off-duty, pairing a £99.99 Zara coat with a pair of jeans 
    Her visit comes the same day Harry and Meghan travelled by train for their engagement in Nottingham

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5136373/Low-key-Kate-snapped-Kings-Cross-station.html

Suddenly we have pap shots of Waity and no threats to sue everyone left right and centre for taking pics of precious precious in public spaces  easter-think

Exactly. Failed attempt to steal Meg's thunder.
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #310 on: December 01, 2017, 08:05:09 pm »

I bet kate is good and jealous  tehe

Two serpents fight one another. I bask in the glow of the conflict.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #311 on: December 01, 2017, 08:39:04 pm »

^I kinda doubt it.  As long as Kate doesn't sleep on the front lawn of BP with PP, she's guaranteed, as long as the monarchy lasts, to be the wife of the King of England.  No topping that one and she knows it.  She's gonna have a lot more than Sparkles ever will, which is as it should be in this institution.  Meagain is for fun and all things unconventional, Kate, the sturdy, conformist.  It's all cookie cutter PR.

But!  I do look forward to seeing Kate getting off her duff and working for a change.  That will be the big difference.  It will be a contest as to who is more "out there doing stuff" no matter how useless it may or may not be.  About time they at least faked earning their keep.

BostonLibby
courtier

« Reply #312 on: December 01, 2017, 08:42:34 pm »

^^^  Agree Buffless.  It's been ages since we've seen a picture of her out and about on her own.  Suddenly, she's out today.  Trying to steal Harry and Mehan's thunder a bit.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #313 on: December 01, 2017, 08:52:10 pm »

Thing is she will no longer be the only woman in the trio; there will be a new act and of course, Kate won't be able to get and keep Harry's undivided attention at engagements. She'll have to back off and then focus on her husband and duties, not slavering all over Harry; she'll also have to deal with Meg getting bigger ratings at the wedding and MEg will get the majority of American press coverage. Since she is a novelty, Meg will also get a huge amount of attention from the British press.

I think Kate will start acting out after her third is born.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #314 on: December 01, 2017, 11:05:03 pm »

I can picture Kate trying to upstage Meghan by staging another Christening Production.
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #315 on: December 01, 2017, 11:36:36 pm »

since meg has at least more charm than kate, she's a good actress anyway  shifty, (better on the eyes too!) kate is going to have to step up her game to look good by comparison  tehe

there will be cat fights and drama behind closed doors.

I have popcorn and fine tea. I will enjoy the show  easter-egg-basket
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 11:38:43 pm by LadyLaura » Logged

Two serpents fight one another. I bask in the glow of the conflict.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #316 on: December 02, 2017, 12:20:49 am »

Can the Duchess of Cambridge cope with Meghan mania? AMANDA PLATELL asks if William's wife is feeling overshadowed as she contrasts low-key Kate's charity visit with the new Royal box office star

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5137917/PLATELLS-PEOPLE-Kate-cope-Meghan-mania.html
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #317 on: December 02, 2017, 12:50:54 am »

^I am not at all a Kate fan but something tells me she will end up the winner after the dust settles. By contrast and after one engagement, Meghan is "refreshing," "a natural," and "personable" but that can and probably will get old really quickly. I'm already seeing folks speak on her walking in front of him and not following other rules of protocol. Something tells me what was seen as positive today will soon be viewed as pushy and Kate will look more and more like a proper princess.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Pepe Le Skew
Baroness

This is what it sounds like

« Reply #318 on: December 02, 2017, 03:15:47 am »

Kate looked fantastic on this casual outing, sans piles of makeup.  I really wish she could channel her ownership of casual style into her formal wear.  She needs a stylist who can marry the two notions.
Val
Princess

« Reply #319 on: December 02, 2017, 11:04:04 am »

^^^^^

I don't think another Mary Poppins Christening would go down well.  The last one was so ridiculously staged by Ma that the only thing missing was Julie Andrews flying over the church with her brolly up.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: