Royal Gossip
October 23, 2017, 11:23:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duchess of Cashbridge: The fashion files 2017  (Read 23619 times)
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2017, 10:12:49 am »

^ She doesn't think of it because Willy hunts.

livylivy
Countess

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2017, 12:37:40 pm »

^^^^ In the 80s, Kuiei, wearing fur was considered wearing a luxury item in Italy too.
But nowadays it' s totally different, Waity' s not smart at all.
danifaul
Countess

Sorry for the spelling errors..

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2017, 05:58:45 pm »

The Duchess of Cambridge wears independent British label Eponine London for her first engagement of 2017

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/people/duchess-cambridge-wears-independent-british-label-eponine-london/

I love   flirt  the color and coat/dress   thumbsup  is one of my favorites she has worn.

I liked the hair,  sigh  but not the choice of the accessory (the hair clip).

livylivy
Countess

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2017, 06:06:12 pm »

It' s not that bad but....
 ick thumbsdown The belt is way too high, the waistline' s too up as usual  sigh
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 07:05:00 pm »

Duchess Kate wears a £1,650 Eponine coatdress in London: stunning or blah?
http://www.celebitchy.com/519307/duchess_kate_wears_a_1650_eponine_coatdress_in_london_stunning_or_blah/#comments

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2017, 10:22:49 pm »

Nice to see she hasn't run out of blusher! As for her cheeks, they are each I'ming terribly for her age.What on earth is going on. I wouldn't be seen dead  looking like that
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2017, 10:44:39 pm »

Too much discount plastic surgery?

I think advertising fur as a "luxury item" ended up making animals overhunted, and also led to killing baby animals. No more fur, please.  stop
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2017, 09:21:35 pm »

Nice to see she hasn't run out of blusher! As for her cheeks, they are each I'ming terribly for her age.What on earth is going on. I wouldn't be seen dead  looking like that

She looks puffier, a fuller face and she is wearing a usually generic design; WAY too much money for such a simplistic pattern.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Demeter
royal watcher

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2017, 01:38:38 am »

Going back to the fur, I think you all made very good points for one simple reason: WK wants to live like its the 80s, when royalty and excess and things like that were different than they are now. It was acceptable for PD to wear her fur coat, but it is not, for the various reasons outlined above, acceptable for WK to do the same. I think that they want to pretend to live in the past. Certainly Ma has ideas about raising her daughters that are more eighteenth century than 1985.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2017, 01:56:26 am »

Thing is, that this is an issue I do have with mainstream middle class values: somehow the past is idealized by people who would in reality, not be living easy lives. If Kate and Carole and Pippa and Ratboy were in the eighteen hundreds, or even in 1985, none of them would have gone to 'good' schools and socialized with the titled. Kate would likely be a kept woman, Pippa the local strumpet, and Carole a hardworking housekeeper at the squire's manor. Not living a life of comfort and success in owning a business and married to a prince.

WHY Kate and Co. embrace such a value system as a 'good marriage' is truly beyond my comprehension.

Demeter
royal watcher

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2017, 02:29:37 am »

Well, I know that and you know that, but do they? I do very, very, much think they embrace this idealized view of themselves and their roles, as they have an idealized and sanitized view of their family history and connections. They would sooner imagine themselves as the Bennet sisters, which makes me want to scream, because not even Lydia Bennet deserves that comparison. The social mobility they benefit from is very much a modern thing.

I've got no problems with coal miners or whatever it is their family did. I'm sure most are very genuine people. But what bothers me most is the faux signet ring and the purchased titles as though they are too good now to admit to using their 'middle class card' to cry discrimination and force their way into the set they now cling unto. I cannot imagine things said about them behind closed doors.

Anyway, I'm off topic. Apologies. Back to fashion...
livylivy
Countess

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2017, 02:36:19 pm »

thumbsup
ITA!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2017, 04:55:50 pm »

I wonder why she can't grasp that she can't just live for herself anymore, but has to live for her people and nation. Seeking out good British designers is something that she should be doing and it is something that she should be promoting. It's a pity she keeps trying to be freer than she's entitled to be.

Demeter
royal watcher

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2017, 07:21:24 pm »

I think she resents the lifestyle of women like her sister, or the future lifestyle of her sister, who by virtue of the man she marries, will not be accountable to a nation and can jet off to Paris and load up on Dior twice a year.

Kate wanted Will, actively worked to make the relationship happen. She knew what was expected. I have little sympathy for the 'woe is me' act I'm sure goes on behind closed doors at Anmer or wherever they are living. If you chose to represent the UK, then the clothes on your back should represent them, especially since she does little by word or action to represent her nation.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2017, 07:30:43 pm »

Same here.

She grew up in the UK, grew up in the nation of England, sang "God Save the Queen" as a child from birth and now we're supposed to think that she didn't know what she was getting into? I am so ticked at how she keeps moaning about how she has a miserable life. I ma fed up with the expectation that I Have to feel sorry for her just because she threw her entire life away and ended up trying to freeload on a life of unaccountable privilege.

She chose to sell herself, no one could have made her stay if she didn't want to.

She chose to go along with all of that and chose to basically be a mooch and be selfish and do horrendous harm to so many decent people. She wasn't even WANTED and she was hinted at to go away and was encouraged by William at times. Instead she stuck around and continued to hurt so many people and damage countless reputations. She could have struk out on her own and basically earned more than enough money, but wanted to mooch.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2017, 10:28:33 pm »

Please keep on topic!

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2017, 02:54:55 am »

Do more appearances and charity work => bigger budget for clothes => more fashionable appearance. She would be able to buy what she wanted and probably be able to have more jewelry choices as well.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2017, 10:47:49 pm »

Rookie ‏@royalfocus1 
 Catherine Duchess of Cambridge looks stunning in @McQueen as she arrives @BAFTA @RoyalAlbertHall #Royals @ShutterstockNow
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4fZM-jWQAAofgw.jpg

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2017, 02:25:32 am »

Stunning? Not really, but at least her dress didn't fly up and her hair is tied down.  tehe
Val
Princess

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2017, 07:30:58 am »

Comments everywhere that they looked suntanned no doubt from an escape to the sun between duties.  Easily done private jet there and back, no airport hassle like the common plebs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: