Royal Gossip
September 23, 2017, 08:37:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate and William not pulling their weight (DM article)  (Read 4255 times)
sandy
Princess

« on: December 31, 2016, 06:34:23 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4077950/Kate-William-slammed-doing-HALF-official-engagements-Charles-Diana-did-age.html

I cannot believe the same tired defense of these two in the comments. Well he's donating his salary,he has a job and the classic, he is only heir to the heir. Leaving out the obvious that his father is pushing 70, his grandmother is 90, and he is 34. Plus he helps himself to perks of an heir. What a cop out. These commentators are either total sycophants or royal staff or maybe both.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 11:55:50 pm »

The entire point of his role is to be readying himself to take charge at any time. It's not so he can mess around, but operate at the highest level professionally without too much insecurity if called to take on a higher up role. If HM does in fact NOT get better, he HAS to be prepared to become Prince of Wales and run things at any given time. He is not someone who has the luxury of time now and he isn't supposed to be goofing off. How on EARTH is he supposed to command any kind of respect and how on earth is he supposed to hold his own and be credible if he does not have anything in his background to basically ensure that he's going to be able to avoid getting swiped at by his enemies.

As for her, she's a disgrace. She comes from working class stock and working hard should be in her genes. She has no business slacking off and frankly she's not much of a mother and she's not at all fulfilled her end of the bargain in regards to her contract with her people that she signed.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 04:20:42 am »

At last the press are beginning to tell it as it is... maybe the worm has turned at last
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 04:47:02 am »

After all the BS they've pulled, it's long overdue. The press has put up with so much abuse and frankly if they don't want to hold up their end of the bargain they made after marriage, tough luck. WK have had MORE than enough time to pull it together and frankly the press has lost colleagues because of their craziness. All those lawsuits, no effort into making their appearances worth talking about, and neither work with the official press, instead they do blogging.

As for the public, I don't blame the public for being fed up as well. By now, they could have been well past ribbon cutting if they had done so after marriage, but for William, he should have been on this track since he was sixteen. He has even LESS excuse. I for one am amazed there hasn't been rioting in the streets over how they've been taking nonstop since day one of that farce of a marriage. It's not like the marriage brought one single thing to the nation.

Perhaps 2017 will be when the press regrows their balls and takes WK to task.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Spitfire
Countess

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 01:15:47 pm »

^^^^Sandy; I think it's a mixture of both. At least one-third of the comments have virtually the same wording and the same sentence structure.  There is no originality of thought or phrase which makes me suspect that these commentators are writing from the same crib-sheet.  It's as if the internet cavalry, waving the same pieces of paper, have been summoned to defend the Cambridges' reputation!  Their PR team may think that they are being clever, but their modus operandi is very obvious.  And, at the end of the day, such overt attempts to manipulate public opinion are going to backfire on a lot of people.

The ghost of Frances Winchcombe is finding a new house to haunt.  She has reportedly said: "Carole Middleton scares me to death..."
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 01:21:30 pm »

One thing I do know, is how people are saying that THEY (the public) work and manage to raise and love their kids at the same time. WK have no business making it out that people who work and earn a living are people who don't care about their children. My Dad worked his backside off so I could be raised in a nice home, a nice neighborhood, and have nice things. If that ain't love, a show of it, I don't know what is. He set a PERFECT example for me to follow. Neither WK are good examples as parents and as for Charles and Diana, they worked because they knew they had to justify each and every single piece of designer/couture clothing that they were able to put on their backs. They knew what they owed.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 11:26:35 pm »

I might have more sympathy if:
1) they actually spent time with their children (George constantly looking for Nanny Maria when he's with his parents is a huge red flag)
2) they stopped acting like jerks about it. Not everyone is independently wealthy or works the sort of job that would allow them to stay home with their kids. They want to be "normal" and then make fun of normal people.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 12:05:02 am »

Thing is, William has to be READY if something goes down.

As for Kate, she's been treating this like ti's one big joke, as if she's on some eternal joyride and taking the nation with her. Giving the middle finger to the poor and to the elite has always been a bad strategy and she's made so many enemies it's insane. The only thing she takes seriously is her perks and her PR, something that she has no problems wrecking and leaving the courtiers to clean up the mess. Like Marie Antoinette, she has no idea just how 'real' things will get if the BRF is subjected to an overthrow either by Parliament or by the people.

Either way, revolutions get nasty and often get out of control.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 12:06:37 am »

I think it very patronizing for them to think that they stay home and work rarely so they can "spend time" with the children. Yet want to be "normal" when normal people care for their children and work and save money for the childrens' future, something the lazy duo do not have to do. WIlliam even tries to be the "average guy" by spending time at an ambulance base. But his security officer follows him around and he gets to pick and choose his hours. And they do have that Nanny and manage to leave the children for "fun" events.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 12:11:41 am »

I really think that Kate wants to live as if she was born to this before settling into work, which is a fatal error. William wants to play at being a country squire. What a mess this has become, a mess of their own making and all the more tragic. These two are destroying each other and frankly I don't think either will be able to pull it together. This is so surreal, as if the world is off its kilter because of their marriage. You guys ever get that feeling?

india
Princess

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 12:39:52 am »

^I definitely get that feeling big time. Their marriage is totally off kilter. And they are toxic to each other. Let them both ride off into the sunset together never to be seen again.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 01:26:32 am »

I think deep down, Kate knew she didn't belong in his life and while that's not a bad thing, she has done nothing but wreck the carefully put together dynamics of the RF. After decades of drama, the RF was calming down and going about their business. The courtiers had a great, credible relationship with the press and then WK announce an engagement, blowing everything to pieces. She comes in and trouble starts up and from then on it's been a mess. She hasn't given William the stable home life he craves and she's derailed his entire schedule that was mapped out. She has no stable inner core and she is very much so unwilling to stop trying to recreate her childhood (this time as a pampered royal princess) and she refuses to get it into her head that her actions are affecting diplomatic relations. She refuses to get it into her head that this is REAL LIFE and there are REAL CONSEQUENCES to her choices. She's only hurting him and has been hurting him since she pulled that BS campaign to get him back. She didn't understand that she didn't belong in his life and never would. The things she treats as a joke, he takes seriously. The things she takes seriously are viewed as trivial by William and those around her.

When the time comes for her to be Princess of Wales, she will not be prepared and she will have no allies. She's surrounded by people who have become active enemies and I am certain that she's at a point where at some point open hatred will be shown right in front of her face. Despite William's utter failures, you can kind of see how he wants to move on forward, but she wants to stay in the past where she is an eternal special snowflake and coddled. The worst part is how this has affected the RF. Each time she screws up, she leaves William to face the music alone while she retreats to her family.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 07:08:42 am »

I agree Will Harry and Kate need to do more - but I also would point out that Will is not Prince of Wales and hence comparing his work schedule to his father's at the same age is the proverbial apples to oranges.

I think this upcoming year will see some changes in that  HM has passed on some of her patronages (25 is it?) so of a necessity that should mean more work for all. 

It has always seemed to me that PC and HM are fine so far with Will's work schedule - after all they supported him in the helo ambulance job.  But the public is not happy -  or rather - the royal reporters are certainly not happy.  I think it is time for all three to get a moving now - would be best if they started to be grown ups and worked a grown up schedule.  The ages of the senior royals and their work schedule makes the younger royals look like a bunch of lazy gits.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 08:53:52 am »

No, William is not Prince of Wales, but:
1) HM could pass away at any time. She is 90 and her health isn't the best at the moment. She could die this year, or she could live another 10 years; we don't know.
2) PC is 68 and still the heir. The odds are that PW will be king before that age. HM became Queen when she was 25 and had Charles when she was 22. Charles was almost 34 when William was born.

Are they really "fine" with PW's work schedule? How would we know that? I doubt they'd say anything against him publicly. Based on the way the engagement was handled and what happened this Christmas, it looks like PW does as he pleases.

Maybe HM is ok with William playing pilot because she wishes that Philip could have dedicated more time to his naval career before she became Queen. But surely she understands that times have changed. You cannot get millions of pounds of free money from the taxpayers and just hide out and play helicopters anymore. People want to see a return on their investment. The Cambridges' tour to Canada was not cheap. Security is not cheap, renovating their home was not cheap. And I don't think it's right to have a nanny for the kids unless they are both working, as that too costs money.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 11:53:58 am »

^Well said.   goodpost
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017, 11:59:35 am »

leogirl - I agree - the times they are a changing - and no matter what the senior royals think - the public wants more work out of these three - they have to justify their privilege.  But if the senior royals allow this - they are mistaken in their assessment of the public - they have to get W H and K to move on - show more value for the money. 
india
Princess

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2017, 12:10:18 pm »

Move On or Move Out.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2017, 02:03:04 pm »

You now, the very point of being independent as a royal is so no one can have leverage or owesies over you, by proxy, your people. William has subjected his nation to the boot of the Middletons and basically all because he enjoys the free ride through life too much. He needs to work or get out.

No, William is not Prince of Wales, but:
1) HM could pass away at any time. She is 90 and her health isn't the best at the moment. She could die this year, or she could live another 10 years; we don't know.
2) PC is 68 and still the heir. The odds are that PW will be king before that age. HM became Queen when she was 25 and had Charles when she was 22. Charles was almost 34 when William was born.

Just out of decency he should be more inclined to work and take the load off of his elderly Sovereign and father.

Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2017, 02:36:11 pm »

There is no excuse.
There is no point to the monarchy if a prince can't be bothered to lift a finger for the UK.
His actions show contempt and he needs to go IMO.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2017, 02:42:12 pm »

^Totally agree.  A useless, very expensive waste of space.  Sorry to say Diana did not produce two "golden boys", she produced two half wits, no brains, greedy and grasping, just like her brother Charles.  Me me me and me again and gimme it all, now. Work for it? Goodness me know, that is for the underlings to do, I just bark the orders at them, if I don´t like them they get the sack, pronto.  Nasty pieces of work, the pair of them.  Diana´s legacy  -  and what a truly dreadful legacy to leave the UK with  - The Evil, lazy twins who only want to have a ball at taxpayer expense and unzip their pants with any old tart who comes along and will oblige them. Gross pair together.  Doubt they even realise, the Ugly Brothers, that not one of these women would like at them if they were your Average Joe in the street.  Both very unattractive, both petulant, nasty, greedy and grasping with no thought for anyone else other than themselves.  Those two wouldn´t pull a leg muscle between them,  their inner ugliness shows through.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: