Royal Gossip
July 24, 2017, 01:53:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Napoleon and His Wives  (Read 154 times)
FrederickLouis
courtier

« on: December 28, 2016, 11:39:20 pm »

Napoleon Bonaparte was born August 15, 1769. At the military academy at Brienne, Napoleon was adept not only at mathematics but also at history and geography.   
Once he had decided that marriage to Josephine de Beauharnais might well promote his career, Bonaparte for his part had no doubt that he should make her his wife. Marriage to Josephine took place on March 9, 1796.   
The coronation of Napoleon I as Emperor of the French took place on December 2, 1804.   
Napoleon divorced the Empress Josephine. He married the Archduchess Marie Louise to provide him with a son and heir.                                                                                                                                                                   
goodluck goodluck goodluck goodluck goodluck goodluck goodluck goodluck
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 01:08:34 am »

Josephine experienced so much abuse at his hands and the hands of his family. She had her affairs, but she really, really made a huge mistake when she thought she wouldn't get caught. She was there for him when he was a nobody and was  cast off once Napoleon was a complete success (as often happens) and then go figure, maried someone drastically younger from a grander house. Interestingly, while Josephine could barely hold up under the abuse that the Bonaparte family threw at her, nineteen year old Marie Louise was largely dismissive of the machinations of that family.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 08:44:24 am »

Different eras of Napoleon. Even Marie Louise suffered abuse but she was part of the austrian royal family and Napoleon wanted a son. So he had to do something or he would lose his opportunity. But Marie Louise totally failed on advocating the rights of her son.

Josephine was a totally different woman and I doubt she had problems with his family. She was above all of them socially and intellectually. And this is what angered Napoleon's family. Her problem was that she could not have his son if she had I doubt they would have divorced. If he died and did not have kids it would have gone to one of his brothers. And his relationship with them was always strained.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 01:31:17 am »

Napoleon and Josephine lived in a house in Rue de la Victoire in Paris, France.   
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/503840277034616205     

In 1804, Napoleon I became Emperor of the French.   
The bee was chosen so as to link the new imperial Bonaparte dynasty to the very origins of France.   
Bees covered the surface of the imperial cloaks of both Emperor Napoleon and Empress Josephine at their coronation ceremony.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: