Royal Gossip
November 19, 2017, 05:34:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Royal Finances  (Read 41554 times)
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #420 on: July 01, 2016, 11:29:09 pm »

^I think the British tax payers have every right to demand this. Every person that runs for and holds the office of US president has to release their taxes.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #421 on: July 03, 2016, 07:49:33 pm »

The Queen presents her annual accounts from the Duchy of Lancaster and from the Sovereign Grant to Parliament every year as does Charles from the Duchy of Cornwall.

In other words their finances are a matter of public record already.

It should also be noted that the elected officials in the UK do not have to make their taxes etc public.

Since 1992 the Queen has voluntarily paid income tax on her private income. She was shamed into doing so then as George VI had negotiated a tax-free status for the monarch when he came to the throne. Charles had paid tax voluntarily before that - at 50% until he married Diana and then he reduced it to 25% to cover the extra expenses that came with being a husband and father.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #422 on: July 26, 2016, 11:29:16 pm »

Some comments from other sites re their finances:

Someone on another site posted that travel between residencies for the 6 senior royals (including the Cambridges) will be considered as official duty and is therefore tax payer funded. They posted this passage:

The Sovereign Grant meets the cost of official journeys undertaken by or in support of The Queen and other Members of the Royal Family. Travel by The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall and The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge between residences is categorised as official.?

I found the link through quick research:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/532342/FINAL_Royal_Household_Annual_Report_2015-16.pdf
---
Also from the comments from http://www.celebitchy.com/496434/prince_william_gets_free_range_rovers_so_hes_selling_one_on_auto_trader/

The Bentley was gifted by Charles using Duchy money. It’s supposed to be used for official purposes. Like the Heli. easter-wink
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2524301/Kate-Prince-Williams-250k-bulletproof-Bentley-speed-200mph.html
Btw, speaking of the heli, did anyone notice a throwaway line in the accounts that said all heli travel by WK, whether it’s for private or public reasons has now been reclassified as public duty so that taxpayers have to pick up the cost?

The accounts dropped during Brexit. Great day (set of days) for burying this particular news since the public was occupied elsewhere.

Excellent catch! So now every time they flit off on the helicopter, whether for work or play, the taxpayer pay? Have you submitted that finding to RepublicUK? Which accounts? Duchy?

I live very close to Kensington Palace and I see that helicopter flit in and out ALL the time!

Why yes, I did notice that a bit ago. I can’t remember where I originally heard it briefly referenced in. Might have been photos of George given how these people roll. LOL, *eye twitch* Here ya’ go for a breakdown https://www.royal.uk/sites/default/files/media/royal_travel_appendix_2015-16.pdf The fun part is the “Various journeys” that cost less than £10,000, (and £5,000-8,000 is the estimation for the average round trip… only £5-8K). Last year, those 221 bitty journeys were lumped together to the tune of £569,483. It’s classic obfuscation from the BRF, where you’re not really sure what you’re looking at, where the money is going, whose paying that bill, why things have been divided and tallied up like this, what’s been left off, etc.,

And true to form after their long day’s work of taking in a boat race and a shoehorned photo-op with some kids, The Heir of The Heir and The Hair hopped on a heli and f*cked off back to Amner. Now, that (1851 Trust) is NOT Bill’s charity. He had no reason for being there. (And if they weren’t constantly tying in Ainslie with her visits I don’t think “1851″ would see much of Kate’s support either.) So the excuse that the royals need the choppers to get to multiple engagements in a day doesn’t apply here. And if the kids are the reason Will and Kate can’t work more, they should also be cited as the reason Bill and Kate shouldn’t do so many joint engagements. I mean, there would be no hurry to get home to the kids if Bill had just stayed home! I’m astonished The Firm got this one over. So Bill possibly flying back back and forth for a picnic, to polo, to horse trails, might show up on the tax payers bill and they’d be within their right to do so. I’m guessing the “various journeys” will double this year. But I’m assuming they went back to Amner the other day. We don’t know. You know, it’s security and such. (Another reason we don’t know what those various journeys are.) And transparency is not The Firm’s “thang”. But, since Bill and Bucket (who’s made a grand four appearances this month) have nothing scheduled and we’ll likely see very little of them until September, and won’t see them “consistently” until October, I just assume they have no reason to stay in London. *eye twitch intensifies*
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #423 on: July 27, 2016, 12:21:41 am »

I suppose this fits here as well:

Members of the Royal Family aren’t usually seen wearing clothes covered with logos.

Yet there were the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge last Sunday, cheering on sailor Sir Ben Ainslie’s America’s Cup effort in Portsmouth, togged out in polo shirts with Land Rover written across their chests, waving from a boat bearing the Land Rover logo, before being driven home in, you guessed it . . . a Land Rover.

Nor is this the first time Land Rover — or Jaguar Land Rover, to give the company its full name — has received some very favourable publicity courtesy of the Royal Family.

[...]

Oddly, this most British-sounding of companies — which employs thousands of people at its plants in Coventry and Solihull — is owned by Indian conglomerate, Tata, which also owns Tata Steel, whose threat to pull out of Port Talbot steel works has left 4,000 jobs hanging in the balance.

Last weekend, it emerged that Auto Trader is selling the Range Rover SE Vogue 4.48 Prince William used to take Prince George home from hospital, for £150,000 (it would cost under £80,000 new, without the royal connection). It had already been bought by a private buyer who is selling it for charity. William and Kate were given the souped-up motor by Land Rover’s VIP department and clocked up thousands of miles before handing it back.

Kate now has a newer version, and drove it to her recent Vogue cover shoot, shot in Norfolk. You can even see it in the background of one of the shots.

Product placement, or just as much a part of her life as her cocker spaniel, Lupo, and her swishy hair?

You could say this is Britain taking its part in globalisation at its best — the Royals helping sell British-made goods to the world. Either that, or as cynics might say, we’re all being taken for a ride.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3709726/Is-seemly-Royals-crass-ad-Land-Rover-Car-maker-receives-favourable-publicity-special-relationship-Royals.html
---
They can accept free cars, but no free clothing? I bet you anything that they accept freebies of any kind, there's always a loophole.
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #424 on: July 28, 2016, 12:41:29 am »

Now I know why "I used to be a Monarchist" uses that moniker. It's a fabulous moniker, BTW.  hello

How apt. How very apt.
i used to be a monarchist
courtier

« Reply #425 on: July 28, 2016, 06:07:31 am »

Thank you, la petite lumiere...it's how I feel.  And the reason is because the Middleton influence is obliterating all the good work of Queen Elizabeth and the RF.  KM's lack of the right stuff, and the grasping antics of her family, have caused many to carefully examine their feelings about how the RF has devolved in the last five years.  I've more than lost interest, I'm disgusted, albeit with KM and PW.  The Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and Princess Anne all have my admiration.  But I am no longer a monarchist.  I believe it all needs to be drawn to a close and Prince Charles is capable of accomplishing what needs to be done.  He will make a good final king for the UK and the Commonwealth.

Princess Elizabeth was only 21 when she made this speech regarding duty and her promise of serving for the rest of her life.  She was, and is, inspiring.  PW and KM should be made to sit and listen to this dedication over and over again until they come to understand their lives are not about celebrity but about service. 

It is an excellent speech but you may skip to the essence at the 5:13 mark.

https://youtu.be/HIdbbpOj1iw
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #426 on: June 29, 2017, 03:45:35 am »

The Royal Household today published its annual financial statement, The Sovereign Grant Report 2016-17. During the financial year in question, the Sovereign Grant amounted to £42.8m. This was supplemented by additional income of £14.9m, generated from sources including property rental and facilities management charges. Total expenditure amounted to £56.8m, with the residual £0.9m transferred to the Sovereign Grant Reserve.

https://www.royal.uk/financial-reports-2016-17

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #427 on: July 02, 2017, 10:40:49 pm »

It’s time for the Queen and her 426 members of staff to think about downsizing

As well as being forced to temporarily vacate Buckingham Palace, the Queen is facing a £2.2m pay cut thanks to Nicola Sturgeon

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/it-s-time-for-the-queen-and-her-426-members-of-staff-to-think-about-downsizing-10342878.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
marion
Duchess

« Reply #428 on: July 22, 2017, 02:32:22 pm »

^ Well I shouldn't worry too much, Betty has plenty stashed away.

Interesting piece re her income from the Duchy of Lancaster - utterly outrageous amounts involved. If you click on the link in the story to the Duchy of Cornwall accounts to shows that Charles gave £3 plus million to Bill Midds and Harry in 2017. I seriously cannot see either duchy surviving after the Queen goes. Extravagance beyond comprehension.

I doubt either W or H have ever even dipped into the millions left by Diana. State sponsored millionaires.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/19/queen-spend-mushrooming-pay-revenue-estate
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #429 on: July 22, 2017, 07:06:47 pm »

It must be nice to be able to spend millions of pounds of other people's money.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #430 on: July 24, 2017, 09:22:59 pm »

This is why I truly believe that the State needs to do an audit; all that money and Buckingham Palace is in disrepair. HM keeps pleading poverty and the staff are paid slave wages. With all that money they could easily afford high salaries, perks, and help family members of staff find good positions in the wider market.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #431 on: July 24, 2017, 11:43:25 pm »

The State does an audit every year and the results reported to parliament. It is required and happens.

The reason why BP is in such a state was the in 1997 Tony Blair froze the money given to the Queen for the maintenance of the palaces. Over time she had built up a contingency fund to pay for major repairs because like any sensible person she knew that major repairs would be needed along with ongoing maintenance. Freezing the money meant that to do the ongoing maintenance they had to use up the contingency fund. By around 2007 the contingency fund was gone and the money given for ongoing maintenance wasn't covering those expenses as the cost of doing things in 2007 was a lot higher than in 1997 but they were getting the same amount of money as in 1997 (a comparison - in that 10 year period my job didn't change but my income went from $44,000 to $80,000 Australian - nearly double and yet I was able to buy less with it and the UK was on different - costs went up at a much greater rate).

When they finally decided to address the shortfall in 2012 even the ongoing maintenance wasn't able to be done due to lack of funds.

What seemed like a 'saving' in 1997 has turned out to be the exact opposite. Had the amount for maintenance kept pace with costs and the contingency fund been allowed to continue to grow by now they would be able to cover most of the needed work without having such a large amount needed as it would have been done as an ongoing set up.

Blair did the same with Westminster and again there is a massive bill coming for its upkeep which should have been maintained but again Blair's 'savings' have turned into anything but.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #432 on: July 25, 2017, 01:44:17 am »

At the risk of being flamed, someone isn't doing their job; there's zero excuse and I am fed up with how the palace gets away with so much money grubbing.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #433 on: July 25, 2017, 03:24:02 am »

If anyone isn't doing their jobs then it is the Parliamentary committee to whom these accounts are referred annually and who ask the questions about these accounts in a very public hearing.

There is no secrets about where the money goes - it is all accounted for to the last penny as shown in the annual accounts to parliament.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #434 on: July 25, 2017, 04:12:34 am »

Can't the BRF fix up Buckingham Palace? All that free time on their hands and clearly no one in the RF is interested in putting a team together to set up a revamp? If WK spent all their spare time working on a revamp it would be fully fixed within a week.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #435 on: July 25, 2017, 04:29:55 am »

Buckingham Palace is quite an old building. Wallpapers, timber, carvings, plasterwork and the treasures within, all need a great deal of care, under the supervision of conservators and technical experts in the various materials used. The last thing a building like BP needs, IMO, is a band or couple of enthusiastic amateurs, without architectural or technical expertise, putting their oars in, even if they are Royal.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #436 on: July 25, 2017, 05:27:01 am »

BP is also a Grade 1 listed building so there are a lot of rules about what can and can't be done and who can do it - i.e. everyone has to be fully qualified to work on the site. This isn't a building that a handyman can do some work on. There are strict rules about changes to the interior and exterior even to the point where the wallpaper and carpets have to keep to much the same pattern for instance.

This will cost millions due to the standards required to maintain a Grade 1 listed building - that is one of the 'exceptional interest'.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #437 on: July 25, 2017, 05:53:42 am »

I was speaking rhetorically. I do know that the BRF has got to stop worrying about politics and start worrying about getting their household in order; more money won't fix their problems.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #438 on: July 26, 2017, 04:51:29 am »

Biggest winner from the Queen's 90th charity bash? Her grandson: Peter Phillips' firm was paid £750,000 while 291 organisations shared £762,000

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4730440/Peter-Phillips-firm-paid-750-000-organising-birthday.html#ixzz4nuDqGOTm
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
This is so very wrong.  thumbsdown  This is why people like the Midds and the rest of the hanger-ons think it's ok to use their connection to the royal family for opportunity and profit.

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #439 on: July 26, 2017, 05:25:21 am »

^Wow!

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: