Royal Gossip
July 25, 2017, 01:42:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Royal Finances  (Read 40351 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 11:56:00 am »

But True Brit brings to the debate a very interesting point: Can they be considered to be owned by the crown or the state? Why should the BRF have control over those estates if they don't own them in reality?

And they will still get subsidies from the government, I'm sure that when a building or something has to get repaired they will not pay for it.

Thank you for all the informative posts.  flower

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2011, 01:08:23 pm »

EU farming subsidies for the Royal family must stay secret
 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1358746/EU-farming-subsidies-Royals-stay-secret.html#ixzz1EVJcY7W9
Ministers have ordered an information blackout on the massive farming subsidies paid to the Queen, Prince Charles and dozens of other wealthy landowners.

Payouts, which in past years have amounted to £500,000 to the Queen and more than £100,000 to the Prince of Wales, will remain secret because publication has been deemed an invasion of privacy by the European Court of Justice.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 03:56:40 pm »

People will find out sooner or later. I bet some Russian hackers (like the ones who exposed Climategate) or Chinese will find out and publish them.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 02:50:42 pm »

Royal family braced for cut in funding
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/8500765/Royal-family-braced-for-cut-in-funding.html
Treasury sources have made clear they are planning for the Queen and her family to lose a significant amount of their £39.9 million annual income. The Royal household would be subject to spending cuts “of the order” of those to be imposed across Whitehall.

Overall Whitehall spending is to be cut by 8.3 per cent over the next five years.

benign
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 10:11:39 pm »

so does this mean the BRF gets all the money earned from the Crown Estates and then just pay the govt a percentage of the profit or something?
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2011, 11:14:53 pm »

Nope it's the other way around, as far as I can tell.
The BRF will become one of the 'share holders' of the crown estates if you will, but the British state will still hold the mayor part of the shares.
The monarch will have a fixed percentage of the Crown Estates profits in their portfolio (say 5%)
If the Crown Estates do well they will have a lot of income if the estates do poorly they will have less.

If you wanna know more details about the Crown Estate or the royal finances
Here's the link to the CE website: http://www.thecrownestate.co.uk/annual_report/overview/index.html
And a link to a topic I started on this a while ago (which reminds me, I still have to complete my research on that one.. Embarrassed) : http://royalgossip.forumprofi.de/index.php/topic,896.0.html

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2011, 02:00:15 am »

I think this is PR. Kate doesn't want to work much and now they're saying that overall, royal duties will have to be scaled back. How convenient!  sly All the while, they're planning an unnecessary trip to the U.S. for the newlyweds.  blink  Besides, when the form of allocation to the monarch changes, their set to gain more of the crown estates profits, especially since their supposedly starting an off shore wind farm.  This article is shady and not the complete truth. easter-think ...

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2011, 02:13:54 am »

Jimminy Crickets, cry me a river.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2011, 10:16:38 pm »

It's very misleading this story. They are ending the Civil List and giving the Rf a share of the Crown Estates which means they will increase their income from £7million odd to (potentially) £68 million PA AND Parliament won't scrutiny it. So the taxpayer will stump up for security and they can spend the money on any thing they like...anything at all and no-one wll be any the wiser.

This can't last. It still has to go before Parliament but, at the moment, the Coalition can probably get it through. However if there was to be a General Election before this legislation comes in and, say for the sake of argument there is then a Lab/Lib Coalition then it could be another matter.

Everyone was shocked when this was announced as it has put the nation back 300 years. Personally I think it's agolden handshake for the end of the Monarchy as Charles knows which way the wind is blowing.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2011, 09:31:00 pm »

http://www.republic.org.uk/What%20we%20want/In%20depth/Royal%20finances/index.php

The estimated total annual cost of the monarchy to taxpayers is £202.4m, around five times the official figure published by the royal household (£38.3m last year).
The official figure excludes a number of costs, including round-the-clock security, lavish royal visits and lost revenue from the Duchies of Lancaster and Cornwall.
Civil List expenditure has increased by 94 per cent in real terms over the last two decades.
£202.4m is equivalent to 9,560 nurses, 8,200 police officers and more than the total annual Ministry of Defence spending on food. The total cost is also equivalent to a number of high profile government cuts, including cuts to the Sure Start programme.
The British monarchy is 112 times as expensive as the Irish president and more than twice as expensive as the French semi-presidential system.
Britain's royal family is the most expensive in Europe at more than double the cost of the Dutch monarchy.
Taxpayers are kept in the dark about the exact cost of the monarchy, due to the royal household's exemption from the Freedom of Information Act and widespread misunderstanding about the nature of the royal family's finances.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2011, 10:14:23 pm »

Republic has an uphill struggle with this although the public comments flying around of late seem to be increasingly questioning of the cost of it all. There's a very good point made in their summary and that is whenever the Royals go on a visit to some town or other it is the local authority and council tax payer who will meet those costs.

I am originally from a part of the world where deep mining once took place and as a girl I recall the stories of mineworkers actually having to paint coal white for a Royal visit; another was a factory where they had to install a special washroom for either HM or Margaret (I forget) and it cost thousands...and she never used it. The reason I raise this is there are hidden costs that aren't revealed and this is what Republic is highlighting.

A big worry is the Sovereign Support Grant which is due to come in by 2013. Primary legislation is to be introduced into the House of Commons later this year but my understanding is it will go through without debate.

See this briefing document

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/commons/lib/research/briefings/snsg-00819.pdf

This is a good story which will tell you more about what's going on. As much as I value HM this really is shameful.

Prince Charles has earned more than £1billion from the Duchy of Cornwall and he doesn't own any of it. He is just allowed to take the profit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1323228/Queens-38m-year-offshore-windfarm-windfall--owns-seabed.html

P.S. A really annoying argument about havinga  President is how much it costs the US. The US is waaay bigger than the UK and this comparison is just ridiculous yet it keeps getting batted around.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:17:41 pm by True Brit » Logged

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2011, 10:25:50 pm »

Wthin the Parliamentary briefing paper (linked above) there are a number of reference links.

This one is particularly interesting and does show that HM and the Govt were enagaged in quite a battle over finances.

Magnolia
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2011, 02:44:52 am »

The estimated total annual cost of the monarchy to taxpayers is £202.4m, around five times the official figure published by the royal household (£38.3m last year).

Taxpayers are kept in the dark about the exact cost of the monarchy, due to the royal household's exemption from the Freedom of Information Act and widespread misunderstanding about the nature of the royal family's finances.
[/quote]
IMO_Alot of shady stuff behind closed  doors and the public in the dark.
Even their "charities" and where all the money goes is questionable.

THIS IS YOU:NET- FXCKER A PERSON WHO SPENDS DAYS ON THE INTERNET AT A TIME USUALLY LATE AT NIGHT OR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING HE OR SHE IS A RECLUSE AND A NET-FXCKER! THIS IS YOU:NET-JUNKIES TEND TO NOT HAVE LIVES ALTHOUGH ON RARE OCCASIONS ONE OF THEM UNWITTINGLY DOWNLOADS IT FROM THE INTERNET
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2011, 04:19:21 am »

If the taxpayers are paying for all of that, plus the main government of the UK, that is utterly obscene and ridiculous; if they are paying that much, they deserve the best possible representation that money can buy. Secondly, why aren't staff paid a lot better if that kind of money is coming in?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2011, 05:58:52 am »

'Obscene' is the minimum.

I need to see the staff breakdown.  If, what I see, is true, then I honestly have to file a grievance against bloody humanity.  WTH?!

I'll give you my salary, without benefits:  $88K.  Plus full health benefits.  Plus 20% retirement. 

If they mess with that?   tehe

That's BEFORE taxes.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2011, 08:41:12 am »

Considering the BRF's work sschedule, I would have to state that they ave no business paying so little. I remember William and Kate posting a job about staff and the pay was twenty-thousand a year, with no room and board. Basically a staff member would have to live in Central London on twenty-thousand a year. Talk about being deliberately out of touch and Kate should know better since her ancestry is working class (nothing wrong with that) after all. These days it's not such an honor to work for the RF and the RF could easily afford fifty thousand a year with room/board included.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2011, 08:55:41 pm »

Republic campaigners protest against Royal finances - London

http://www.demotix.com/news/734775/republic-campaigners-protest-against-royal-finances-london

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2011, 04:24:45 am »

They should stop playing at being poor and stop grubbing about for more money; if they can afford to work on these palaces, it would go a long way towards increasing public opinion in a positive way.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2011, 04:18:39 pm »

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/bills/cbill/2010-2012/0213/cbill_2010-20120213_en_1.htm

Sovereign Grant Bill (HC Bill 213)

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2011, 10:31:50 pm »

Queen switched to charter flights after Government ordered RAF to increase charges eightfold

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2011366/Queen-switched-charter-flights-Government-ordered-RAF-increase-charges-eightfold.html#ixzz1Re7W1F00

Queen needs more money to maintain Royal homes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8615892/Queen-needs-more-money-to-maintain-Royal-homes.html

Queen's travel expenses rise

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10736418

Queen's expenditure falls by £1.8m in a year

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14011631

More than ever, the Royal Family is worth every penny

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/queen-elizabeth-II/8627800/More-than-ever-the-Royal-Family-is-worth-every-penny.html
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 05:16:00 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: