Royal Gossip
September 20, 2017, 07:21:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas 2016  (Read 22450 times)
Sophie
courtier

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2016, 11:07:24 am »

They don't belong!  It destroys the whole point of the monarchy.  People want to see the royals all dressed up at Christmas, not commoners. It's killed the fantasy.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2016, 11:42:42 am »

^This is, for me, one of the best summaries of the monarchy's relevancy that I've ever read.  And you're absolutely right.  If you're going to pay the price of admission (taxes) for a show it should be authentic, have an air of mystery, majesty, authority, constancy, legacy, glamour, jewels and gilded halls.  And that's all the English people ask for in return.  Why pay for something they can see every day for free?  Great point.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2016, 11:48:13 am »

The problem is that the monarchy has become about fantasy, not about actualities. The RF has eschewed glamour for being 'taken seriously' as if dressing like a slob and being idiotic is somehow more authentic. If HM covered herself in jewels and openly gave the middle finger to the Midldetons, she would be far more respected than she is now with her middle class housewife act that she has indulged in. If Harry had more to his name than his antics and IG, for example, a GENUINE education, I am certain he would in fact be far more respected.

It ticks me off to no end that the RF is supposed to let the Midds stomp all over them, while on the flip-side, the Middletons are supposed to be allowed to leech and take advantage of the people they deem beneath worth. THAT is what ticks me off so much about them. They just don't know when to back off and STOP grubbing for more. HM shouldn't have to get her grandson in line. Frankly I think she's not supposed to parent him all the time.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Sophie
courtier

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2016, 12:58:52 pm »

^^  flower
Val
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2016, 08:21:45 pm »

QE is known to be a non confrontational ostrich.  Her favourite saying when facing an unpleasant situation is to say she is taking the dogs for a walk.  Ma Midd recognised this and has shoved her way in walking over everybody.  The Diana situation when the Monarchy sank to an all time low caused the RF to walk on egg shells; again crafty old Ma recognised this and used it to her advantage as always.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2016, 11:25:48 am »

HM doesn't know how to handle people who don't know to back off or take 'no' for an answer. This is what frightens me the most about this family. I believe they are the type that don't back off until the police get involved, or a good legal team has to deal with them. It's like they literally do not quit. Since the marriage, this family has been like a tiger let out of the cage and I am certain that it's only going to lead to some kind of climax. HM said it would end in tears and soon I think it will. I find it ironic, how HM, at the zenith of her reign has refused to deal with this grubbing family. If HM made a very public speech rebuking the Middletons, how they've behaved, and basically blasted Kate, she would cement her place in history as a savior of the monarchy. IF HM very publicly ordered the execution of the Middletons via boiling them in oil and then molding the oil into party tat, that would secure the monarchy forever. It's astounding that HM, with all her resources, would in fact let these people walk all over her. An utterly weak Sovereign.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2016, 03:51:26 pm »

^Good post, could not agree more.
Tessofthemiddletons
royal watcher

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2016, 08:24:59 pm »

HM doesn't know how to handle people who don't know to back off or take 'no' for an answer. This is what frightens me the most about this family. I believe they are the type that don't back off until the police get involved, or a good legal team has to deal with them. It's like they literally do not quit. Since the marriage, this family has been like a tiger let out of the cage and I am certain that it's only going to lead to some kind of climax. HM said it would end in tears and soon I think it will. I find it ironic, how HM, at the zenith of her reign has refused to deal with this grubbing family. If HM made a very public speech rebuking the Middletons, how they've behaved, and basically blasted Kate, she would cement her place in history as a savior of the monarchy. IF HM very publicly ordered the execution of the Middletons via boiling them in oil and then molding the oil into party tat, that would secure the monarchy forever. It's astounding that HM, with all her resources, would in fact let these people walk all over her. An utterly weak Sovereign.

flower She has always been a weak sovereign, which is why the UK is in the state that it's in. Weak and subversive. I say this as a citizen of the UK.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2016, 08:49:16 pm »

If the Midds get in, it'll be just another Middleton festival and then there'll be an expectation that it happens every year.

Tessofthemiddletons
royal watcher

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2016, 09:14:39 pm »

I do not like to say this, Kuei Fei but the Middletons do seem to have the upperhand here. I do not agree with this (and I totally agree with the poster who suggested that the plebs want to see Royals and not commoners during the Sandringham walk about) but this is what William has foisted on the tax payers of the UK (myself included).
deGuernsey
Baroness

Failte

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2016, 09:22:36 pm »

^ Hasn't the queen ever heard of the phrase Just Say No? There's the door, let it hit you on the way out?  How about Get the fyck out of my face? sauer Honey,it's time to file the restraining order?  Seriously wtf? How boring and weak is this shyt? bored3

Barnabe et Kitty...
Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2016, 09:30:01 pm »

At this point (despite her many sins) I'm almost for Queen Camilla, if Camilla doesn't like you, you're soooo done. She's probably very sly about messing about with Kate, if she is then it's working. That old Slytherin knows what she's about.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2016, 10:08:19 pm »

Thing is, that HM thinks like some kind of meek woman who needs a big burly man to save her day. Yet, when the courtiers DO try to end up solving things, she basically undermines them when she lets her family run amok. I am certain that if HM wanted, she would end up easily kicking the Midds out of the nation, but she chooses not to. She has all this power and influence at her fingertips and she's basically throwing it away on deliberate helplessness.

Val
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2016, 01:29:04 am »

^

The reason she doesn't is that the Monarchy is all important to her.  After Diana died the RF   were almost finished and sunk to an all time low and they are still walking on eggshells.  If the Midds were booted out which the majority want there are still some flag waving sugars who will say QE Is a snob for kicking Waity out etc etc..
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2016, 02:00:51 am »

You can't please everyone. HM should have used her stupid brain and kept a laser eye on her heirs, the hopes of the monarchy. If HM had literally ordered William into doing public duties and kept him at court to engage in ceremonial and had him spend time with her in her office going over papers, she would have easily kept things going straightforward. She could have taught William that he didn't owe anyone a ring if he didn't want to marry Kate and could have dealt with being called a snob. Elizabeth I didn't care when she was HOUNDED to marry and HOUNDED to have children. If HM had consulted with Charles and schemed with the courtiers, I am sure that Kate would be a distant memory to William. It's not like when Diana died at all. It's not 1997 anymore. A decade should have been more than enough time to get on with life and PR is iffy. All it would have taken si for William to grow up and get to work. the press would have passed her by and basically she would be a paragraph or two in the biography of his life.

As for this Christmas, considering how this family behaves, their going to church is a farce anyway. I'm amazed God hasn't sent a lightening bolt at them yet.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2016, 03:59:55 am »

The Sandringham Estate has many homes - two of which are Sandringham House and Anmer Hall. Anyone who is staying on the estate can go to the churches on the estate so if someone is staying at Anmer they can put their name down to attend the same church as the Queen. William and Kate have the best of both sides of their family at Christmas - they do the royal stuff on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning and the Middleton Christmas on Christmas afternoon.

The fact that William and Kate and the kids are on the Sandringham Estate means they can visit the Queen many times over the Christmas break. She would see more of them then any other members of her family, other than the Wesses's who stay at the big house for the school holidays while everyone else has left by the end of Christmas Day. Camilla leaves after lunch as does Charles. The Yorks also leave that day or on Boxing Day. Anne and her family may stay through Boxing Day - meaning Tim doesn't see his family but again usually not so that both Autumn and Mike have a chance to see their families along with Mark having a chance to see his children and grandchildren at Christmas.

I don't see why anyone is upset that the Queen has made it possible for William to satisfy the demands of both sides of his family rather than have him have to do what Diana did - and not see her family at Christmas.

The Queen learnt from the criticisms levelled at her by Diana and has given William the chance to do both. This is a major reason why the Middleton's are welcomed as that was a major criticism that Diana made about the family - that she had to give up much of her contact with them.

As for William seeing the Queen's papers - he does. The boxes not only go to The Queen each day but to Charles and William - not necessarily everything but the most essential things. If The Queen and Charles were to die tomorrow William would be ready to go. The Queen was starting to be prepared by her father shortly after he ascended the throne and she started preparing each of her heirs in their teens and continues to monitor their progress.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2016, 08:28:24 am »

This has nothing to do with Diana; this has to do with the present. The Midds aren't just seeing them once a year, but freeloading all the time. Carole hangs around and runs things, Pippa and James mooch off of the connection. How on holy mother earth are they owed anything more? Kate has stayed with her family all the time in Berkshire during the first few years of her marriage and how much MORE should this grasping family get?

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2016, 09:20:56 am »

Of course it has to include a discussion of Diana because it was her whinging about how her family were cut out of her life once she married Charles that saw the change in attitude which now sees the Middleton's included publicly as part of William's life. He was influenced by Diana and is insisting that what she whinged about - the press, her family etc, isn't going to be repeated with Kate and her family.

William can be very stubborn and he is determined to win this one - that Kate will be treated differently than his mother was - that simple. The Queen has agreed, obviously, as she gave William Anmer as a means of compromising and having the Middleton's seen more as part of William's family now. Charles would also have had to agree to giving William Anmer as it is on property he will inherit from The Queen one day.

The Queen clearly approves of the Middleton's as she is seen with them, and often smiling when in their presence, she invited to them onto the Jubilee float, again with Charles' approval, and over and above her own younger children. Both The Queen and Charles know that William is the popular future of the monarchy with Kate by his side and a happy Kate is an essential part of that future - that means the Middleton's.

They aren't going to repeat the mistakes they made with Diana. If it goes pear-shaped then the same excuses can't be used again. The Queen and Charles have learnt the lessons of the past and are passing those lessons onto William.
Val
Duchess

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2016, 09:50:04 am »

^^

Exactly and it's said by those close that QE most certainly doesn't approve of the Middletons and any appearances are under much sufferances and for PR purposes as the last thing the she wants is public fighting which just brings the inevitable demise of the Monarchy closer.  QE's very first comment on the Middleton's was 'he's alright but her ......!!!!!  She used to discuss and vent her fury about them to her lovely recently departed cousin.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2016, 11:00:29 am »

Well, she never looked happy to see them, was it last year or the year before.  Council caro and her vile lot turfed up at the church, when HM came out she did not greet anyone as she normally does, she shiftily looked around and hotfooted it to her waiting car so fast you couldn´t see feet for the dust.  Many, not just some of us on here, were of the opinion that no way did she want to be seen welcoming council caro in the full face of the media always gathered outside on Christmas morning.  On the very odd occasion we do see her with council caro and/or pa medd she looks totally brassed off and embarrassed, and who can blame her, I would be embarrassed if she was a relative of mine, that I can say for sure, I would avoid her like the plague.

Good on HM if she doesn´t want her around.  They are not royal, their daughter is only "royal" by marriage, and look what a farce that is.  Let HM have her Christmas in peace, no fan of hers but she is 90, she doesn´t need the hassle.  We don´t see any other hangers on do we. Who knows what the Tindall family look like, or the father of Sophie Wessex, or any of the other inlaws.  None of us, beceause they have a sense of decorum, etiquette and are very discreet.  The meddledooms are no different to any other inlaws, other than the fact that they are so vulgar it makes me feel ill. Greedy, grasping lot, push in anywhere, anytime and do not care if it upsets anyone.  If HM wants a council estate family at the church she can invite one, she doesn´t need council caro pushing her way in to make it look as though she was invited.

The royals have their own Christmas traditions, and have done for many a long year, and yet council cath wants to buck it every year. She did not marry into a usual, run of the mill family, and she knew that for the 10 years she was on booty call, so why does she think she can waltz in and break any tradition that takes her fancy.  Let HM enjoy her Christmas, none of know when our time is up, and she is 90, who knows if she will be around next Christmas.  Why can´t they leave her in peace and just let her enjoy her blood family without that greedy, nasty lot sticking their beaks in.

Many of the royals leave Sandringham after Christmas Dinner and travel to be with their own families, why is that not good enough for council cath, after ill, take bill medd away from her and she is a nobody, always has been and always will be, no matter how many history books she goes into.  Enough photos on the internet to show us what a tart she is, no breeding and no class.

I say give HM a break and let her enjoy the festive season with council caro and council cath giving her a hard time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: