Royal Gossip
May 27, 2017, 09:05:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Reform the Univeristy System  (Read 151 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« on: November 08, 2016, 02:05:25 am »

How would you reform the university system? How would you find a way to lower tuition and raise standards?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 03:04:55 am »

Lower tuition by allowing community colleges to give out bachelor's degrees instead of just certificates and associate's degrees.

Also, publishers need to lower the cost of books. Each "edition" usually has only minor changes and yet students cannot use an old edition because they change either the exercises or their numbers.

Make work experience part of degree programs. That way people can't pursue a bachelor's degree with no career path, and they test out their field to see if they actually like the it before committing to it.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 03:27:00 am »

if I ran things ,I would require students to actually work on putting experience on their resume, while studying. That way the little idiots will be too busy actually WORKING to drift around and I am certain that they would likely end up graduating with actual experience to get a better start in the world. I would also look at work experience, if whether or not the idiots can hold down a job and stick to it rather than just grades and other activities. Universities need to start making sure that students will actually use their degrees and think of the future, build a future for themselves. No one has any business treating a uni like a finishing school or a spouse hunting ground. Schools are no place to find yourself, you're there to work.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: