Royal Gossip
November 25, 2017, 01:45:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are British Masons bad people?  (Read 506 times)
deGuernsey
Baroness

Veux-tu m"epouser - oui!!!

« on: November 07, 2016, 11:52:26 pm »

I have heard much about Masons esp that they are bad people, in with the NWO etc... But what if you were British, a Mason, a stone setter or ?? and also a Christian?  I am serious. Wasn't George Washington and many of the founding fathers of USA British Christian Masons?  So then they are good, right? Help?

Barnabe et Kitty...
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 02:02:58 am »

An uncle and great-uncle of mine were Freemasons in England and they were good people. Because it's rather a secretive organisation a lot of myths have grown up about it, IMHO, such as rubbish about the Jack the Ripper murders being connected to Masonic ritual. They weren't. The Freemasons in Britain donate over £30 million pounds a year to charities of different sorts. It was started up in the early 18th century as a fraternal club in which men could relax together and discuss issues of the day beyond religion and politics.

Over the centuries since it's been accused of a lot of things, many of them without any foundation in fact, because elites like royals, judges, top police and Parliamentarians have been Freemasons. Businessmen like my uncle and great-uncle (solicitors) tended to join because it helped business-wise (ie fellow Masons would be more likely than not to give their business to them) so there is that element to it. However, they do a lot of good as well.

My uncle and a couple of his close friends who were also Masons that I knew well (though they never talkied about their Masonic activities) were committed Christians (Anglicans) and Freemasonry isn't an anti-Christian organisation anyway.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:10:34 am by Rosella » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 03:27:40 am »

I think it's just a bunch of elderly men who want to socialize and engage in ritual and not be hounded to be 'modern' all the time.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 05:46:04 am »

Rosella - I totally agree. My father and uncle were both freemasons here in Australia as was my great-uncle. They were certainly good people. My uncle was a sailor in WWII and then a bricklayer while my father was a solicitor and university lecturer while my great-uncle was a shop assistant. All worked hard for the masonic causes. Masons, and their associated orders do raise a lot of money for charities and encourage each other to live 'good' lives. They are required to believe in a 'supreme being' not necessarily be a Christian although many are.

I remember some years ago a new minister took over a parish in a rural town in NSW and started his sermon with 'if you are a mason or support masonry you aren't welcome in my church'. He lost his entire congregation as many of the people who weren't themselves masons, knew masons, had relatives who were masons etc and saw nothing wrong with it so left his church and went elsewhere.

It is correct that there are a lot of 'myths' about what happens in their meetings due to the fact that to attend the meetings you have to be a member.
deGuernsey
Baroness

Veux-tu m"epouser - oui!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 06:11:54 pm »

Thanks for responding.  flower It's just I have recently found out several of my ancestors who lived in 1700s, 1800s, early 1900s Canada, UK, and New England were Freemasons. I had always known they were Christian but not Masons. I admit I panicked and fear seized me rather quickly.  I could feel my face flush and I was nervous. tehe Mind you I don't believe in the traditional stories  of the end of times and the NWO (I have my own personal views but that is for another time) but I have read enough stories to know that there are some very shady people out there and they are connected with secret organisations.  Well, so, I was panicked and was nervous....  tehe So now I am much more calm and don't think the worst. I suppose I should do proper research on Freemasons. Thanks again. flower

Barnabe et Kitty...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: