Royal Gossip
October 23, 2017, 11:33:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles was anxious that he would be assassinated.  (Read 1225 times)
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« on: September 27, 2016, 02:13:24 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3808422/Extremely-nervous-Prince-Charles-feared-assassinated-Diana-s-funeral-public-enemy-number-one-marriage-breakdown.html#reader-comments

The comments are mostly very negative towards him and Cam.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 02:39:57 am »

seems a bit too dramatic - people had strong feelings then but assassinate?  Over the top reaction from Charles. 

Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 09:17:47 am »

He's always been a bit of a drama queen.  tehe

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 10:33:53 am »

Who would assassinate him? And it was Diana's funeral, why was it about him? Why was he walking with Diana's brother and sons? They were divorced and it was not amicable at all. He should not have gone, and if he felt he must go, he should have stayed in the back. No need to draw attention to himself.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 03:34:34 pm »

Well, obviously, I would not want Charles to be assassinated (and why would he even think that a possibility unless the RF believed Diana was assassinated?), but he deserved to be given a hard time.  Both on a personal level and because of the damage he did to the monarchy.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 06:06:09 pm »

Was he not put between his children in the funeral? There was a real fear that he would be attacked in some way, I remember reading this but do not remember where.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 08:21:55 pm »

He's always been a bit of a drama queen.  tehe

Kind of like his great uncle David.  tehe
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 12:18:35 am »

William and Harry were put there to protect Charles and Philip.  There was a lot of anger about their treatment of Diana.  There still is.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 05:48:20 am »

^ IMO very odd. Charles and Philip... was it supposed to be some kind of a royal funeral having those two on display? Were we supposed to forget they were divorced?  Lips Sealed
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 11:22:29 am »

Charles Spencer wanted to walk behind the coffin alone. There were quite a lot of debates between Charles Spencer and his sisters and Prince Charles and BRF officials beforehand, (the Spencers originally wanted a small private funeral but the country didn't want that.) Diana's funeral in the end turned into a semi-Royal affair, as she was the mother of a future king. Charles had gone over to Paris to collect Diana's body with her sisters, and decided to walk as a mark of respect and to support his sons. William didn't want to walk in the procession but Prince Philip warned him he might regret it later. He asked him if he would walk if he himself did, and William said he would. That's the reason Prince Philip was there.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 05:19:14 pm »

Charles did not respect Diana when she was alive, I always saw this as an empty gesture. To accompany the boys, fine but as a gesture of "respect" I doubt it. Charles was reportedly avid to have Camilla go with him to the 2007 Diana Memorial Service which to me shows his hypocrisy.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 06:59:34 pm »

Exactly Sandy.

india
Princess

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 10:48:08 pm »

He should have been worried. Everyone knows that he and his father were behind Diana's death.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2016, 11:57:47 pm »

During the grieving period, Camilla allegedly had a police officer guarding her home, right at the very doors of the house to protect her.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 01:50:10 am »

I don't think this is crazy/drama talk at all.  Charles, Camilla and Co were absolutely loathed beyond reason at that time of international mourning.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 06:52:14 pm »

And they are still loathed or disliked by some. SOme may not care, some think having the HRH erases everything and some trash Diana. I think the two have a lot to answer for and are not the least bit sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: