Royal Gossip
December 14, 2017, 07:02:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Eugenie & Jack Brooksbank Relationship  (Read 3394 times)
kolkomilko
Duchess

« on: September 18, 2016, 12:58:22 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3795001/Princess-Eugenie-s-nightclub-manager-boyfriend-flies-Scotland-ask-Queen-blessing-forthcoming-engagement.html

I hope it's true.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 08:08:56 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 01:43:56 am »

I wonder if the wedding will be televised? I sure hope Sarah can behave herself with her way over the top facial expressions.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 03:28:07 am »

I think it'll be a nice fun affair if it is televised and no one tries to make Eugene not have a nice public wedding in Westminster out of spite because she's a princess. Would be fun to see her in a tiara and orders and walking down the aisle. I am SURE Fergie will make a mess of things. Andrew might have to sedate her via spiking her drink and certainly, giving her tranquilizer in order for her to sit still.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 04:02:27 am »

I very much doubt it the wedding of the York girls would be televised. I suspect it will be at St George's or even some other smaller venue - more like  Zara's. The Queen and Charles are savvie enough to know the public wouldn't want to see a York wedding and Eugenie is only 8th in line and by the time of a wedding could be on the way down to 9th with a third Cambridge baby.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 08:10:06 pm »

As it appears that we will be able to speculate a lot about these two I opened a new thread for them.

It's looking like the express was correct and they are marrying in the near future.

I also don't see a televised wedding sadly nor do I think they will want one.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 10:35:29 pm »

It should also be noted that the weekend that Eugenie and Jack went to Balmoral was the same weekend that Harry was there to celebrate his birthday with a lovely shoot on the estate and he invited some friends. As he seems the closest of the Windsors with any of the Yorks - especially Eugenie - it is more likely that Eugenie was there to celebrate her cousin's birthday and that Jack was invited as one of Harry's friends to the shoot.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 07:06:32 pm »

shoots are not lovely for the birds! LOL

I do doubt he'd have gone to Balmoral to ask permission to marry - isn't it more typical that you ask the bride's father?

So yes I'd say he was there with Eugenie to celebrate Harry's B-Day.  I do think though we will be hearing of an engagement within the year.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 08:10:14 am »

Perhaps the engagement will be announced in January.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 08:58:53 am »

I hope they do announce their engagement soon. They've been together a while and I'm not a fan of people who string their partner along.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 09:37:57 am »

Eugenie doesn't need The Queen's permission to marry anymore. She did up until 2013 but now as 8th in line she doesn't so the whole idea of them going there to ask permission falls flat.

I suspect that Jack would have asked Andrew's permission before asking Eugenie and then they would ask The Queen - assuming a proposal has happened at all of course.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 02:18:15 pm »

Is Eugenie pregnant?
http://67.media.tumblr.com/37aa911d4671d2e2d2abc66a868fcacf/tumblr_ofnzpbWStV1r6jme9o1_540.jpg
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 09:50:14 pm »

I hope not, although that does seem to be the trend these days: move in together, have your first baby, wait a couple years, maybe have a second baby, and then get married if you're lucky enough to still be together by that point.

People think it doesn't make a difference as long as you're both there for the child, but the truth is that more than 90% of cohabiting couples are no longer together by the time their first child turns 17. They either get bored and leave or someone cheats and they break up. Marrying late in the relationship doesn't help because the foundation for the relationship has already set, and it's based upon being able to leave whenever. It's almost like they feel suffocated when they finally do get married, like they're "forced" to be in the relationship, and then they end up divorcing within a few years. I'd rather families are kept together. The best chances are either waiting until you're either engaged with a solid plan to marry or already married to move in together, and babies coming after marriage.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 11:03:08 pm »

If she's pregnant, this will in my view be inexcusable.

Thing is, she has resources and privileges and she should be doing more than cohabiting and drifting around. It's not like she's in a place where she can't get birth control and can't build a life for herself beyond running around and cohabiting. I don't get it; middle class families and upper class families drill it into their kid's heads that cohabiting is a bad idea and degrading, but the Windsors don't even say 'no' to anyone. If she is pregnant, she should feel shame and should stop jet setting and settle down into married life like it or not.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 11:35:50 pm »

I know people who got pregnant on the Pill (some were in the medical profession so it's not like they didn't know how to use it), another person had twins while using an IUD, another person got a shot after she had a baby but ended up getting pregnant right away anyway, and another person who had four kids while using four different methods of contraception. It just happens.  dontknow
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 09:43:41 am »

Perhaps she is not pregnant, she looks so because of her dress or the lights but I'm curious.

Little light
Baroness

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 05:29:17 pm »

Could it not be because of the stand in front of her which is distorting the image behind it?

Eugenie's left hip looks odd, so I'm going with that.
Whiffy Leaks
courtier

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2016, 06:32:36 pm »

Thing is, she has resources and privileges and she should be doing more than cohabiting and drifting around. It's not like she's in a place where she can't get birth control and can't build a life for herself beyond running around and cohabiting. I don't get it; middle class families and upper class families drill it into their kid's heads that cohabiting is a bad idea and degrading, but the Windsors don't even say 'no' to anyone. If she is pregnant, she should feel shame and should stop jet setting and settle down into married life like it or not.

I can't speak for the so called upper classes but cohabiting certainly isn't frowned upon nowadays in any other level of society in the U.K. Hasn't been for years now.  And I certainly don't agree that she should be ashamed of being pregnant in a steady relationship, married or not.
Sophie
courtier

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2016, 08:42:52 pm »

It's just the dress - it is unforgiving below the waist. 
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2016, 08:44:44 pm »

suspect it is more like Eug is chubby and has so sense when it comes to clothes that flatter her
Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2016, 04:50:52 am »

I can't speak for the so called upper classes but cohabiting certainly isn't frowned upon nowadays in any other level of society in the U.K. Hasn't been for years now.  And I certainly don't agree that she should be ashamed of being pregnant in a steady relationship, married or not.

Unfortunately, IMO, the same is also true in the US regarding cohabiting. The thing I can't understand is this: how is it that 'antiquated', traditional notions of propriety like marriage are no longer applicable or necessary to many people but the antiquated notion of monarchy is still functioning, long past its sell by date?   king huh
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: