Royal Gossip
August 20, 2017, 10:40:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Charles the abusive husband  (Read 2340 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2016, 02:05:11 am »

I think in the beginning Charles was enchanted by her.   There are pics which make it clear at least in the very beginning there was an affection between the two of them.   I doubt even he went into the marriage with the idea he would get two kids out of her and then treat her like dirt.  I just do not buy that.  And we also need to acknowledge that Diana played the game too - she pretended to like the outdoorsy things he liked and then as soon as they married - made it clear she was not outdoorsy and was bored by everything he liked.

Diana certainly underestimated her own ability to deal with someone like Charles but it is not as if she had no idea what he was like.  Her sister had dated him and she and her family were part of that set.  Remember she lived in a house on the grounds of Sandringham as a child.

Charles certainly behaved horribly, unforgivably.  But Di was part of this disaster too.  We know from what she told Morton that she was totally falling apart in the first year of the marriage.  Even a better man than Charles would have been shocked to discover his wife acting the way Diana claimed she acted  within months of being married.  

So abusive seems a bit strong - or rather - the assertion that he married her with the intent of treating her like garbage.  

It seems to me the real tragedy is that they both had doubts before the marriage and yet still went ahead.  Perhaps if both of them had gotten some support from the people around them - at least one of them could have walked away.

Charles knew darn well Diana did not hunt and the whole world knew she did not ride because she was thrown from a horse as a child.  I think CHarles did not go in with the intent of abusing DIana but I think he was and is very egocentric, the world revolved around him because he was Heir and one day (as he put it) his wife would be Queen someday. He felt himself special and superior to Diana. He thought she would be so honored to be chosen she would put up with everything even Camilla. I think he felt she was so young he could "mold" her. And Lord Tryon and Andrew Parker Bowles did not fuss when Charles slept with their respective wives. I think he was surprised (not in a good way) when Diana put her foot down. That was what they did not have in common. And then the put downs by hubby started. THere is a clip of Charles at a dinner talking about needing "two wives" and Diana cringing. I think Charles is no saint. And I blame him more for the problems.

I think Diana wanted to get to know Charles and did go with him on his various country pursuits. Women get to know the men they marry by watching games with them. But not doing that down the road and pursuing separate interests does not make them a "bad" couple. The love has to exist. I don't think Charles ever loved Diana.

DIana was falling apart because she got pregnant early on and had a difficult pregnancy with Will. Charles and his family did not "understand" this. Which made things worse for Diana. She also had bulimia. But despite that she did well in her royal duties and her work with Charles.

I think Diana was shocked at her husband's attitude. She saw he was still involved with Camilla and phoning her. Charles I doubt had any real respect for Diana and did not care how she felt. CHarles did some "faking it" too trying to pass off Camilla as the "safe" married friends.

Diana associated with the younger royals Andrew and Edward, not Charles. It was only when he dated her sister that she and CHarles spent any significant time together.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 02:12:46 am by sandy » Logged
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2016, 06:39:34 am »

I've read many biographies of Diana and of Charles. The rumour that he slept with Camilla at BP on the evening of his marriage to Diana has been denied by a number of people in the know, including his own valet after he left Charles's service, APB and a lady in waiting of the Queen's who recalled a long conversation they had into the night as they watched celebrations and crowds in the Mall.

I believe that Charles had an emotional connection to Camilla before and during his marriage and was unfaithful with Camilla by 1984,  but I don't believe the story of their sleeping together the night before the wedding. BP was packed with Royal guests, for a start!

The incident where Charles continually danced and French-kissed Camilla (while they were dancing) occurred at a polo ball when he was dating Anna 'Whiplash' Wallace. It was in front of APB as well, who was embarrassed but made stupid remarks to his friends at his table about Charles and his wife being very good friends! That evening finished the Charles/Anna Wallace romance. She raged at him "No-one treats me like that! Not even you!" And to Charles's apparent bewilderment she then left! 

Charles wouldn't have treated his new fiancée in the same way, especially at an official ball, at which members of his family would have been present. It would have caused an almighty scandal and people would have talked. The newspapers, in love with Diana, would have risen in outrage. He was lucky Anna never went to the papers about it but it leaked out anyway.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2016, 07:19:24 am »

Charles said in an interview I remember watching on TV c. 2001 that he was faithful to Diana for "about a month."
dianab
Countess

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2016, 09:07:24 am »

Stephen Barry (or whatever was he named) told this story.

He better than anyone knew what happened or not re:Charles & his ladies (including Camilla).

The only reliable source I read denying this episode is 'the most proud husband in Britain', Andrew Parker-Bowles. I'm sure he was proud about what was going on at eve of wedding. His denying claims I'm sure have alot with why he is even nowadays welcomed in royal events... and liked by Charles

There was a ball at eve of wedding at CH when Charles danced the whole night with Camilla and when Diana was seen crying. The Sarah Bradford book talks about this episode
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 09:11:45 am by dianab » Logged
Val
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2016, 01:05:04 pm »

^

Andrew P-B was heard many times to say he 'laid down his wife for the King'.
india
Princess

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2016, 03:06:36 pm »

I am sorry but that is so effed up.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2016, 07:29:57 pm »

You know, one major sign that Diana was doing better after the divorce is how she became such a powerhouse of energy and determination. It's not like Charles even WANTED to control his mistress, when his mistress was in fact undermining a future Queen Consort.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: