Royal Gossip
June 24, 2017, 04:33:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Charles the abusive husband  (Read 2024 times)
Stephanie
Princess

« on: August 08, 2016, 01:38:43 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3728660/Pushed-endurance-Yes-Diana-difficult-woman-read-honest-account-loyal-bodyguard-true-provocations-face-marriage-decide-coped.html ick ick ick
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 03:37:52 pm »

Charles was an abusive husband. To abuse means to use improperly or misuse someone/something. He used Diana improperly as all he needed was the heir and spare. He had no concern for her once his role, as he saw it, was complete. And he had no consideration for her either as a woman, who was far more charismatic than he, or as a wife.

Who else can recall that he allowed his mistress, Camilla, to change the furniture around in the marital home to suit herself?    bignono

So yes, he did abuse his wife. I have no time for him. Or Camilla. Diana was no saint either, but I do feel she was more sinned against than sinning.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 03:45:19 pm »

Severe emotional abuse to say the least.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 06:45:03 pm »

Entitled donkey buttocks. Plain & simple.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 09:24:35 pm »

I feel like Diana was pushed into doing what she did. She wanted to be loved, to be treated as his wife. If he were better to her, she would not have cheated or caused scandal. When she was 19, he should have left her alone and let her date/marry someone else. He didn't love her and she was a lot younger than him.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 09:40:43 pm »

He married her because he wasted his twenties messing around nonstop and couldn't find the virgin he was supposedly supposed to marry. I think sometimes men who do this think that by marrying a woman with no past, it somehow provide them with that fresh start. I think to the rest of the public, Diana represented that fresh start and basically gave everyone a fresh, new start as well.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 08:52:08 pm »

Very strange mindset. If you want to marry a virgin, why go around sleeping around with women who will someday be other men's wives? And of course other men sleep around with the woman you'll someday marry. Zero self-control and people wonder why the adultery and divorce rates are so high...  thumbsdown

Diana was too young for him and even at 19 most young women have had multiple sex partners. Maybe he married her because she was a unicorn?  dontknow

Virginity is also a golden calf type thing. Some girls were sexually abused or later turned from their promiscuous ways.

Did he not want to be with someone that another man/other men had seen naked? If so, how times have changed in just one generation with all the no underwear/skirt incidents and public nudity.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 09:46:11 pm »

Severe emotional abuse to say the least.

Absolutely!
india
Princess

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 09:49:59 pm »

Entitled Pr*ck
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 09:53:15 pm »

^^^ Gosh yes, that change took about one generation.. from seeing virginity as virtue to what we have now, an over-sexed society with nakedness literally everywhere.
Good point about wanting a virgin but sleeping with other men's future wives, but also the crass double standard that women must be "pure" and men can dip their stick anywhere. I don't know if any of you have watched the documentary The Ascent of Women, but it is a fantastic four part documentary on how the role of women has changed over the course of history and society as a whole.
And Diana as a 19 year old being thrown into that life is really really way too young. With all that I have read about Chuck's apparent feeling that he is very special because of who he is, it is no surprise that he was a bad husband. That would have been a terrible marriage for anyone when the spouse is so emotionally detached and unsupporting and thinks of themselves first, second and last.
Snowpea
Countess

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 03:44:59 am »

Please, Diana knew what she was getting into - the Spencers always knew the score.  laundry
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 06:53:56 am »

I think in the beginning Charles was enchanted by her.   There are pics which make it clear at least in the very beginning there was an affection between the two of them.   I doubt even he went into the marriage with the idea he would get two kids out of her and then treat her like dirt.  I just do not buy that.  And we also need to acknowledge that Diana played the game too - she pretended to like the outdoorsy things he liked and then as soon as they married - made it clear she was not outdoorsy and was bored by everything he liked.

Diana certainly underestimated her own ability to deal with someone like Charles but it is not as if she had no idea what he was like.  Her sister had dated him and she and her family were part of that set.  Remember she lived in a house on the grounds of Sandringham as a child.

Charles certainly behaved horribly, unforgivably.  But Di was part of this disaster too.  We know from what she told Morton that she was totally falling apart in the first year of the marriage.  Even a better man than Charles would have been shocked to discover his wife acting the way Diana claimed she acted  within months of being married. 

So abusive seems a bit strong - or rather - the assertion that he married her with the intent of treating her like garbage. 

It seems to me the real tragedy is that they both had doubts before the marriage and yet still went ahead.  Perhaps if both of them had gotten some support from the people around them - at least one of them could have walked away.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2016, 07:59:15 am »

If the part about not being outdoorsy is true, then they really did have nothing in common. I am not a fan of people who pretend to be a certain way before marriage and then completely change after the wedding.

So basically Diana was a wife during appearances together, but during their off time Charles would do his outdoor pursuits and Diana would be doing her own thing? That is a huge disaster. I don't think couples should spend every second together, but they should have hobbies they enjoy that they do together. I also heard something about Charles trying to get Diana to read a book on their honeymoon (perhaps a conversation topic for later?) but she didn't want to read. It was yet another thing they didn't have in common.

And then there is Charles who brought some CC item on his honeymoon with Diana to remind him of Camilla. C&C split before she married APB and then I'm sure she stayed faithful to him during the early years so there would be no question as to the paternity of her children. But Laura was born on New Year's Day 1978, so she and Charles could have hooked up again between then and Charles's wedding in July 1981. Not sure exactly when their "relationship" resumed.

IMO there should be compatibility screenings and/or classes before people are allowed to get married. Discuss not only interests and hobbies but also important topics like finance, child rearing, possibly communication and conflict resolution. If you don't pass, you cannot get a marriage license. It would save a lot of heartache and wasted years that could have been spent with a better match.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 08:01:24 am by leogirl » Logged
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2016, 04:06:40 am »

Laurens Jan van der Post is very hard going to read.  Diana was a country girl, she grew up in Norfolk.  Charles was obsessed with huntin' and shootin'.   My husband builds hot rod cars and trucks, not my cuppa tea.  I am a history buff, and love to visit museums etc, he has no interest in this at all.

Charles did not have to marry or beget heirs, he did not want his brothers to provide them.  Camilla pretended to befriend Diana, and even had her stay at her marital home before C&D got married.

Please remember that Nicholas Soames, a close friend of Charles stated Diana was very paranoid for saying she thought her husband was sleeping with Mrs Parker Bowles.  Junor and Seward followed this up by writing anti Diana books.  Camilla was in weekly contact with the Sun newspaper editor dishing dirt on the Wales' marriage  for a decade.

People who were part of the Beaufort Hunt have stated that they often saw Charles and Milla going off by themselves, and returning quite a bit later.  This was in early days of the Wales' marriage .. and before the marriage.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 07:55:53 am »

^ I remember watching an interview on TV c. 2001 where Charles stated he'd been faithful to Diana for "about a month." I wish I had recorded it.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2016, 09:16:32 pm »

Me too.   I am surprised he stuck it out for a whole month !

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2016, 10:01:03 pm »

The thing is, Diana wasn't just a commoner, but she was just starting to discover much of the world and at that time, aristocrats were starting to prefer emotional fulfillment as well as dynastic considerations. When she discovered fashion and had an unlimited credit card, of COURSE she was going to want to indulge in high fashions and start making much of herself. Of course she was going to be fascinated with press coverage. Look at how Kate, at her age, would so obviously prefer to spend time in the city and jet setting; she prefers shopping for clothes rather than shopping for groceries. Charles was stupid to think that Diana should not be able to enjoy seeing more of the world. You don't marry an ingenue and think that she's just going to contentedly throw her early years away, or not want to have a life at all.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2016, 12:16:33 am »

Charles wanted Diana to live under the stairs, pop out and heir and a spare, and disappear.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2016, 06:54:37 pm »

What is sad is that Charles supporters trash Diana's behavior (even early in the marriage). It is forgotten that Charles courted her when she was still a teenager and he wanted heirs and thought that she'd accept anything he had to dish out, even  his association with Camilla.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2016, 01:18:12 am »

I think in the beginning Charles was enchanted by her.   There are pics which make it clear at least in the very beginning there was an affection between the two of them.   I doubt even he went into the marriage with the idea he would get two kids out of her and then treat her like dirt.  I just do not buy that.

So why he slept with Camilla at eve of HIS wedding? And also danced with Camilla the whole night at ball (at CH, IIRC) that happened at eve of the wedding? Diana was reported to be crying during this ball. I'm sorry. But I just do not buy 'his enchantment'
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 01:21:14 am by dianab » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: