Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 04:21:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Parker-Bowles  (Read 6511 times)
spookyboo
courtier

Long live HRH King Henry IX

« on: November 10, 2010, 05:45:38 pm »

Telegraph-Parker Bowles is granted dying wish as son marries

another wedding... to go to easter-lol

Nine months after his wife, Rosemary, died of cancer at the age of 69, Brig Andrew Parker Bowles has received some happy news: his stepson Tom Pitman has become engaged.

Pitman, 41, who owns an internet publisher, is to marry Katie Farquhar, 33, whose cousin Rose is said to have been Prince William's first girlfriend.

"I introduced my mother to Katie a few times, but she was already very ill," says Tom, whose ancestor Sir Isaac Pitman invented shorthand. "She thought extremely highly of Katie and I know that she hoped we would be together."

Brig Parker Bowles, whose first wife, Camilla, is the Duchess of Cornwall, is also Tom's godfather. He will attend the wedding in St Gennys, north Cornwall. Katie, the niece of Capt Ian Farquhar, the joint master of the Beaufort hunt, is an educational psychologist.

Loyal Harry-ite#8
Scarlet Flowers
courtier

Just when you thought they weren't any sillier...

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 06:15:21 pm »

Congratulations to them!

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it."--Anonymous Indian

From the highly reccommended book Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 05:52:39 pm »

God those connections are confusing! blink
So.... the groom is the step- ànd godson of the ex-husband of Camilla and he's getting married to a cousin of one of Williams former girlfriends and the niece of the joint master of Beaufort hunt! huh
Is that right??
Now I Googled this joint master of the hunt thing and came up with this!
http://www.thisiswesternmorningnews.co.uk/news/Beaufort-Hunt-travels-moor-day-visit/article-1950599-detail/article.html

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought this sort of hunt was banned a couple years ago in Brittain?

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
spookyboo
courtier

Long live HRH King Henry IX

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 06:24:04 pm »

TCP baking cookies wow and we think Wills hasn't stepped out of his comfort zone...  blink

Loyal Harry-ite#8
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 03:34:16 pm »

yeah, what a close knitted group they all are!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 02:24:44 pm »

I inherited my alcoholism from my father... but I was blessed to be his daughter, says Emma Parker Bowles

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2055135/I-inherited-alcoholism-father--I-blessed-daughter-says-Emma-Parker-Bowles.html#ixzz1cH7TsuCU

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 01:50:39 am »

Yet another article about Camilla, her good deeds or her family, whilst HM is away ... strange is it not ?  easter-wink

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 02:54:44 am »

Articles are published when the papers decide not the Royals themselves.

Camilla has no say in the matter

sandy
Princess

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 02:27:47 pm »

Charles has a say in the matter and I think he's using this time for a flurry of PR for Camilla and himself particularly Camilla.
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 02:43:43 pm »

It is Emma speaking not Charles. It Emma being nice about Camilla not the paper

sandy
Princess

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 03:10:04 pm »

Perhaps Emma using her famous last name to get herself some attention? And Camilla's in the bargain. Two for one.
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 03:23:41 pm »

If you read the article you will see it is Emma making a loving tribute to her Father as well as detailing her own addiction to alcohol. Her kind words to her AUNT is just a very,very small part of that article

The fact that there are some here that have zoomed in on a few words of the article rather then the actual article itself speaks more to them then the writer of the article.

Fortunately the comments on the article have looked at the article itself and have praised Emma for her moving tribute and her strength at getting herself better.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 04:06:23 pm »

Didn 't willliam have a crush on Emma years ago? Or so the papers said.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 08:12:01 pm »

As I said.. articles about Camilla, her family....

Is it too far fetched to imagine those who publish newspapers want to be "in" with a future King ?

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 09:31:50 pm »

OK in all seriousness

here is all the times Camilla is mentioned in the article

Like his brother Andrew, who went on to marry my aunt Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, he attended Ampleforth College and Sandhurst

what is the PR spin in this?

and a picture of her.

and this

Even my aunt, the Duchess of Cornwall, took time out of her strictly regimented schedule to attend. She always said he was the nicest out  of the brothers (sorry Andrew). They used to spend hours doing the crossword across the kitchen table on Sundays

It says her Aunt attended her Father's funeral. Well I am shocked she attended a funeral of a man she had known for 30 years. That is some PR that they stated the obvious of what we already knew for years

Wow that is some PR spinning there right?

So please tell me what I am missing  dontknow

All I read is a woman telling us about her alcohol addiction

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 03:07:05 am »

i agree if her name was jones (like Tom Jones) we wouldn't be talking about her in here
And those two sentences about her aunt are not that life changeing!
for a royal watcher this article is: yawn!

MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 09:42:29 am »

Didn 't willliam have a crush on Emma years ago? Or so the papers said.

Apparently, it was even reported that it was Emma who showed him the way.!
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 07:30:05 pm »

Must be a family tradition.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 07:33:31 pm »

laugh

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 01:11:29 am »

I found this to be quite enlightening...

http://www.duchess-of-cornwall.co.uk/andrew-parker-bowles.htm

Andrew Parker Bowles and his wife Rosemary were invited to the marriage of Camilla and the Prince of Wales April 2005. Apparently he was invited at the Queen's behest. A friend said: "Andrew's on very good terms with many of the royals. He's an ex-boyfriend of Princess Anne, and the late Queen Mother saw him as one of her favourites. Charles wasn't too thrilled at inviting him, but the Queen thought he should be there." His invitation is perhaps a royal reward for never having spoken publicly about his role in the Camilla and Charles saga.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: