Royal Gossip
December 17, 2017, 11:57:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World News  (Read 1534 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2017, 02:05:44 am »

^No!  I was alone then.  My husband hadn’t fulfilled full requirements to leave his job so I was on my own until March 2004.  I was scared to death and had just started my appointment at Salk in September.  It was a huge huge mess.  I remember the ceiling fans had to be thrown out.  And we were given one hour’s notice by loud speakers to get supplies before driving was banned. 

I evacuated for only one day to a shelter so was lucky. At least my house was still standing.  Unlike so many others. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2017, 01:12:36 pm »

I didn’t know that YM.

I’m so glad you’re safe and your home not destroyed. Even if it is a mess inside.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2017, 01:18:36 pm »

^Thank you, LL!  It was no fun.  That Cedar Fire stands as the largest in CA history.  Maybe that's unfortunately changed now.

My heart just aches for those in the one now especially the firefighters and animals who seem to take the worst hits.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/07/southern-california-wildfires-force-mass-evacuations-in-los-angeles.html

The relentless wind-whipped wildfires ravaging Southern California are expected to worsen Thursday, as dangerous winds are forecast to fan the flames in different directions and force new evacuations around the second-largest city in the U.S.

Winds on Thursday topped 50 mph already in the greater Los Angeles area, keeping residents across the region wary as more than 200,000 people have been forced from their homes and nearly 200 homes and buildings have been destroyed since the fires broke out late Sunday.

“We are in the beginning of a protracted wind event,” Ken Pimlott, director of the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (Cal Fire), told the Los Angeles Times. “There will be no ability to fight fire in these kinds of winds.”

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2017, 10:09:10 pm »

^ You were very lucky!

Hope you're all safe from the current fires in LA, saw it on the news. Just wow!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: