Royal Gossip
November 19, 2017, 02:54:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wedding of Alexandra Knatchbull  (Read 2463 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: June 25, 2016, 01:45:41 pm »

Mark Stewart

A very royal wedding today in Romsey as HM The Queen & Queen Sofia of Spain were amongst royals at the wedding of Alexandra Knatchbull

The bride, goddaughter of the late Princess Diana, was walked up the aisle & given away by The Prince of Wales.

Photos http://m.dailyecho.co.uk/news/14580230.The_Queen_arrives_in_Hampshire_for__wedding_of_the_year_/

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 03:47:01 pm »

^ She is a very nice lady. Her dress is simple and elegant. Has Willy should gone there?

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 08:50:19 pm »

The DailyFail has more pictures. The bride looked beautiful, just the tiara sits a bit off. In case anyone wonders why Charles and not the bride's father walked her down the aisle: The bride's father, Norton Knatchbull, Lord Brabourne, did not give his daughter away as he was too ill to perform the necessary duties.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3659684/Queen-arrives-society-wedding-year-Mountbatten-heiress-Alexandra-Knatchbull-entrepreneur-fianc-Prince-Wales-prepares-bride-away.html

ETA: Maybe this is also a reason why Charles was preferred: Lord Brabourne walked out on his 31-year marriage to be with Jeannie Nuttall, but later returned the family home Broadlands. However, the couple are still estranged, and relations between Lord Brabourne and Alexandra are said to be strained.

PPS: A comment which is also enlightening on the "giving away" situation: Probably because he ran off with his mistress when she was a child and she hasn't forgiven him. From what i've read of the family in the past, Charles as her Godfather was almost somewhat of an avuncular figure, while her father never showed much interest even when he sloped back into the picture.

PPPS: One more and that's it from me for now! Another comment: It is well known Lord Brabourne is not exactly a favourite with any of his children, and especially Alexandra: their relationship never recovered after he abandoning their mother for a Bahamian designer. Penny might have arrived together with her husband but that's simply a facade: he isn't even allowed to live in the main house anymore (and the sympathies of the Royal Family are firmly in Penny's corner). Prince Charles is a logical choice to give away the bride, if Alexandra didn't want her father to. He has been friends with Norton since childhood, was best man at his wedding to Penny, once seriously considered marrying (even proposed to) his sister Amanda, has always been very close to the entire family his whole life, and is basically an honorary uncle to the kids (by blood, he is second cousin once removed, I believe). Prince Charles seems to be closer to her than her own father, which doesn't surprise me: he was very close to Lord Mountbatten (much closer than his own father).
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 08:59:25 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
Akasha 85
courtier

Aren't we a cuty queen.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 11:08:42 pm »

I wonder whether HM and Charles stayed just for the ceremony or if they went to the reception/dinner/party/whatever afterwards as well? dontknow
Because I could understand it if they would feel obliged to show up quickly and then return back to London to be briefed on political issues. ( this wedding was planned way before any referendum I guess)
But if they were seen frolocing around and enjoying a lavish dinner the day after the biggest political earthquake in the UK for a decade.....that would be..questionable IMO Lips Sealed
Although the topic's of conversations at dinner between the royals would be interesting to hear I bet  tehe(oh to be a fly on the wall)

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 11:54:14 pm »

Well, even during a crisis it is not like those involved talk about said issue 24/7 and never take a break  work
Just going to a ceremony is in my eyes kind of not enough and I sincerely doubt they'd skip the reception b/c of current events  dontknow
Akasha 85
courtier

Aren't we a cuty queen.

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 12:22:24 am »

I know but I'm kinda playing devils advocate here. Cool

To some it might look like:" Hmm she's not overly worried and keeps calm, business as usual, this brexit thing might not be such a biggi afterall."
Whereas some might think: "Look, she doesn't give a F about what happened! Of course not, it's not as if she's going to feel any consequence of this huge change! Her money is safe so she just ignores it, must be fun to be tax funded, rich and looking down! Why do we need them again??"

To be clear, these are not my opinions at all, but opinions like those are out there.
And since their job is mainly symbolic and depends on public approval and thus the image projected, well you see where I'm going with this?

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 12:59:51 pm »

^ I see, there are definitely people like that out there, and sometimes no matter what you do there's someone who's going to complain..  sly
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 09:56:25 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3678126/Charles-daughter-never-haunting-saga-wedding-photo.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2016, 11:28:02 pm »

This wedding shows that the relationship in this family are quite weird.

The Mountbatten are pretty close to the BRF as everyone knows. However, neither William or Harry went to this wedding. None of the new generation went. Even Eugenie and Beatrice that are usually close to everyone.

This in a wedding where Charles acted as father of the bride. If he is as close as that to Alexandra, why they didn't maintain this closeness with the new generation?

It is not as if Will or Harry aren't close to Charles' friends as they are quite close the Cutsem family.

And the most interesting/funny thing of all is that Camillia was nowhere. Camilla went alone to the Wellington wedding and now Charles goes alone to this wedding.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 11:39:25 pm »

^ Great points! Never thought about that, but good questions raised! Would love to know the answer to that too..
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2016, 11:46:54 pm »

The funny thing is that I have an old Hola (spanish version of Hello) that put Alexandra as a possible candidate for William.

Diana was the godmother of Alexandra, so I don't get it either.

The Camilla problem may had been that the Bradbournes went to Diana's side and Camilla hasn't been very accepted.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2016, 11:51:21 pm »

^ That could be the answer for Camilla's abstinence, or maybe she was too ill? Many say her health isn't that great, but I don't really follow her so can't comment. Weird that Charles didn't go to the Wellington wedding and the groom was a Santo Domingo.. Nonetheless weird why no one else from the RF was present.. You don't ask just anybody to act as father of the bride, the ties must be really close and yet only Charles was there (and I think Anne too)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2016, 11:56:30 pm »

^plus the Queen. From the photos I think Lady Alexandra was also there. Then the greek royal family (the ex monarchs and Queen Sofia).

CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2016, 09:35:15 pm »

The funny thing is that I have an old Hola (spanish version of Hello) that put Alexandra as a possible candidate for William.

Diana was the godmother of Alexandra, so I don't get it either.

The Camilla problem may had been that the Bradbournes went to Diana's side and Camilla hasn't been very accepted.

Too bad that didn't work out. We wouldn't have had a decade and more of Waity and the Midds.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2016, 09:38:10 pm »

Forever and ever now  eating cookies

FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2016, 01:11:20 am »

Alexandra's wedding was referred to as the "society wedding of the year". She wore the Mountbatten Star Tiara.

Really A Baron
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: