Royal Gossip
April 22, 2018, 07:10:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's Jewellery Box III  (Read 22779 times)
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #260 on: November 30, 2017, 12:21:33 am »

The thing with this choker is that it was made to fit QE's neck and it shows, on both Di and Kate it's slightly to big (not saying that QE has a thick neck or anything legs)
But it just hangs wrong on the skinny necks of Kate and Di, it's like they have one pearl to much on the lower 2 rows to look fitting, does that make sense? dontknow

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #261 on: November 30, 2017, 01:38:57 am »

^Yes.  Perfect sense.  Someone was not at their post when draping it on her neck.  It’s too big so hangs awkwardly.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #262 on: November 30, 2017, 02:47:10 am »

Well, considering it's 'a loan' from QE  I assume they wouldn't just redo the whole thing for one eve!
It's not like you can just snap those pearls in an' out of place!

This is why she needs some classic-type fitted pieces of her own, or it will always look like she's playing dress-up with mummy's jewels! bignono

(Oh god....did I just give Waity a decent argument to got on a real shoppingspree with taxmoney!!!!!  Shocked  hide sorry ) I gotta slow down with the wine!

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #263 on: November 30, 2017, 04:05:33 am »

^Yes, you did! 

If this woman ever properly planned anything, it’s not that big a deal for a jeweler to adjust the necklace and, if not, pick something else.  It’s not like there’s a shortage of bling around there.  She just looks at the thrill of getting something without seeing the big picture.  Does she not have a mirror?  Why oh why do I keep expecting anything???

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #264 on: November 30, 2017, 04:17:02 am »

Because my dear, you're a good person who tries to see the best in ppl and hope they listen to good advise and change for the better. hug

I just hope the Midd's aren't reading/spying in here anymore (like they did in the beginning) and whine to Willy to go Pippa shopping! nervous

― Stuart Chase

― Deanna Wadsworth
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #265 on: February 19, 2018, 08:29:44 pm »

Seems she debuted the necklace for the first time, seeing some of her things I've thought for a while now that she has some stuff stashed away, hidden, though still nothing overly "grand" and nowhere near the level of what Diana had (incl in terms of marriage gifts). Seems to be largely assumed she's received this diamonds & emerald set from a middle eastern family as wedding gift

earrings
https://katemiddletonjewelry.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/kate-nyc-met-museum-gala-inky-blue-packham-diamond-emerald-jewelry-earrings-head-shot-i-images.jpg

bracelet
https://katemiddletonjewelry.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/kate-saint-andrew-gala-emerald-diamond-jewelry-i-images.jpg

bracelet & necklace to the BAFTAs
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/02/18/19/495AC3E500000578-5406373-image-a-26_1518980984371.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/02/18/19/495AC73800000578-5406373-image-a-48_1518982901159.jpg

these earrings she's worn at the BAFTAs seem to be also part of the set, they fit pretty well with the design of the necklace and the drop style earrings
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/02/18/20/495AFE9900000578-5406373-image-a-60_1518984160431.jpg

I read someone saying they are Diana's, and even though Diana had similar emerald & diamond earrings, they appear to have been much smaller.
Little light
Countess

« Reply #266 on: March 06, 2018, 08:34:52 pm »

This I should a sincere general question.

If Cambridges were to divorce, would these wedding gifts to WK be solely her property?

The reason I'm asking is that sometimes they are given back to HM as they were on personal loan in the first place.

Thanks folks.  thankyou
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #267 on: March 06, 2018, 08:36:55 pm »

I have an idea they would be split between W&W since they were wedding gifts. But idk for sure.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #268 on: March 06, 2018, 08:42:24 pm »

This I should a sincere general question.

If Cambridges were to divorce, would these wedding gifts to WK be solely her property?
The reason I'm asking is that sometimes they are given back to HM as they were on personal loan in the first place.

Thanks folks.  thankyou

If anything is on loan, it goes back to the RF; if it's personal, Kate would keep it for herself and I do not believe that Kate would be restricted from selling it for a profit. The gifts, that is debatable since after all, it came to her via her title and would be arguably the property of the State.

After the divorce, Diana couldn't wear Queen Mary's emeralds or the tiaras that were the property of the BRF; even her brother asked for the Spencer Tiara back. It's not like Diana could legally represent the RF since she was no longer a legal member. Anything that the Queen has loaned her, would be confiscated back.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #269 on: March 06, 2018, 09:16:01 pm »

Personal jewellery given by family, friends etc as wedding gifts to Kate would of course still be hers. Any gifts of jewellery given by foreign governments or monarchs, like the Saudis for instance, would have been given as a result of her position as a future Royal. Therefore it could be argued that they belong to the Crown and go into the vaults.

This isn't the 19th century, and I think royals from other royal houses give each other more practical gifts nowadays. Nor do English counties or Girls of England etc come up with jewels in the form of tiaras, brooches etc. I doubt that anyone beside the Middle Eastern royals, Kate's immediate family and perhaps the Queen and Charles gave jewellery as gifts anyway.
Little light
Countess

« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2018, 09:21:03 pm »

Thanks everyone. Much obliged.  flower
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: