Royal Gossip
November 24, 2017, 09:12:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's Jewellery Box III  (Read 17477 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #240 on: September 19, 2017, 02:03:08 am »

600k?  That's it including the Ring of Doom?  That's barely a pair of Elizabeth Taylor's earrings.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #241 on: September 19, 2017, 04:53:57 am »

She really hasn't gotten much out of her marriage.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Joanna
courtier

Isabella of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress

« Reply #242 on: September 19, 2017, 09:10:17 am »

What she got out of this marriage is wrinkles, bad skin, extreme thinness and a miserable look. blink Even the sligthly more expensive jewels are so bland, I guess she's the one who picked them up so it probably the blandness of it matches her taste.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #243 on: September 20, 2017, 12:13:25 am »

The effects of her lifestyle choices and the constant stress of scheming. She really didn't make much of herself and it's a shame. She's married into a BRF that takes itself too seriously to smother themselves in jewels, the very thing that she wants to do so badly.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #244 on: September 20, 2017, 01:35:55 am »

She doesn’t wear jewelry well anyway so it’s a waste of money.

But, to be realistic, an abundance of jewelry displayed has to be handled with political delicacy.  Overt show of wealth would not be well received.  Then again, they have no problems showing money spent on her atrocious and bland wardrobe so who knows.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #245 on: September 20, 2017, 02:11:24 am »

You're right.

In these horrific economic times, only starlets get away with flashing bling openly on the red carpet. Kate can't even get her hands on the jewels in the vault and it's not like she works, so no point to giving them to her. Now with the economic times, if Kate were to flash bling, she would be crucified since she has so openly refused to work and the taxpayers are seething mad right now at ANYONE who openly shows the fact that they are well off. If Kate were out partying and wearing large rocks, there would be rioting in the streets and the palace would be invaded.

Kate has really shot herself in the foot.

Just think, if she had had a career and her own money, she would likely be able to buy almost any jewel of her choice and wear it without having to worry about repercussions. Instead she foolishly pursued what she thought was a sure thing, thought she would get huge rocks, but is now basically still outside looking in.

Joanna
courtier

Isabella of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress

« Reply #246 on: September 20, 2017, 01:46:42 pm »

It's not about the money the jewels are worth, it's a matter of taste, it's different. Some jewels aren't too expensive and are really elegant and compliment outfits really well so I suppose it's all a matter of having taste and knowing what to wear accordingly to the occasion, but then again sometimes she just doesn't choose well what to wear in terms of clothes and jewels. All the money spent on advisors is going to waste.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #247 on: September 20, 2017, 05:05:11 pm »

Look at what she wears for the few state banquets she has attended  -  the question is the jewellery  -  is it fake or is it real, because it sure looks fake on council cath.  She is one of those people who could wear a million pound frock and beautiful jewels and still look as though it is a cheap frock from Primark and the jewels picked up from some tat store for a fiver.  No class, no taste, no etiquette, everything about her fake.  You can´t buy class or elegance, and in her case she doesn´t even try to look good.  She wears clothes my mother would not be seen dead in, ghastly and cheap looking.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #248 on: September 20, 2017, 08:26:12 pm »

No wonder no one in the Middle East gives her jewels...they'd hardly want their gifts to be made to loom like cheap cast offs from a dime store.

I don't think they want  her there anyway after she has shown such tacky behaviour flashy her lady bits and she has made the RF a laughing stock as the Arab world is well aware of the subjected discuss in another section.

Added to which didn't the British government have  to apologize to the Malaysians after that trip as she offended them by her innapropriate dressing? 
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #249 on: November 20, 2017, 11:15:59 pm »

Something borrowed! Kate gets a very special loan as she wears the Queen's pearl choker to join Princes William and Harry at Windsor Castle to celebrate Her Majesty and Prince Philip's 70th wedding anniversary

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge joined Prince Harry for the Queen's 70th anniversary celebrations
    The royals headed to Windsor Castle on Monday evening where a celebratory dinner will be held
    Not present this evening is Prince Harry's girlfriend Meghan Markle who is rumoured to be in London
    The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh are celebrating 70 years of marriage 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5101469/William-Harry-join-Kate-Queen-s-70th-anniversary.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/11/20/19/468C911700000578-5101469-image-a-34_1511206770524.jpg
Diana wore this choker and Waity seems to be wearing the Collingwood diamond & pearl earrings Diana used to wear. Waity clearly angling for the cameras to capture her "Diana moment".

On Liz
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/11/20/22/468D5C6A00000578-5101469-image-a-92_1511216606180.jpg

On Di
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/11/20/22/468D5AE300000578-5101469-image-m-91_1511216597535.jpg

Amazing how cheap it looks on Waity blink
BostonLibby
royal watcher

« Reply #250 on: November 21, 2017, 03:40:20 pm »

I'm far from being an expert on fashion, but it seems that the dress Kate chose is wrong for that necklace.  The necklace should take the stage rather than competing with the dress.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #251 on: November 21, 2017, 04:12:54 pm »

It is the neckline is too high it should have been a lower neckline

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #252 on: November 21, 2017, 07:21:17 pm »

1.) Kate never really goes anywhere/does anything to justify jewels, whether they were bought, gifted or borrowed from the Queen. On the occasions when jewels are called for, 9 times out of 10 the styling is off. These things are a big part of the reason why she catches so much flack.

2.) Hollywood starlets get away with wearing expensive jewels 1.) because the occasion calls for them (awards shows, fashion spreads, etc.); 2.) they are usually borrowed for said occasion; and 3.) if they are owned, they weren't purchased with tax payer funds.

3.) Yes, that neckline was all wrong for that piece. More evidence of the point made in #1.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #253 on: November 21, 2017, 08:37:33 pm »

I think the neckline could have worked. But I don't know if it was because she was sitting but the necklace didn't sit in the place it should be. It should be like a choker and she is wearing it as a normal necklace.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #254 on: November 22, 2017, 03:57:04 am »

I still swear Ma had copies made of all the 'royal jewels' for Waity to wear when it was obvious Liz wasn't going to open the vaults.
Val
Princess

« Reply #255 on: November 22, 2017, 07:08:20 am »

^

Exactly the sort of thing she would do.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #256 on: November 22, 2017, 05:25:18 pm »

Exactly.
LadyLaura
Baroness

« Reply #257 on: November 22, 2017, 07:27:29 pm »

Heck I say carole has her own array of tiaras  queeny
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #258 on: November 22, 2017, 09:40:12 pm »

The Four Row Japanese Pearl Choker

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rMZlRIIB2Kc/Uv1x9gke85I/AAAAAAAAZo0/opItK69vXe0/s1600/_4row.jpg

http://queensjewelvault.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-four-row-japanese-pearl-choker.html
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #259 on: November 23, 2017, 05:33:40 am »

Heck I say carole has her own array of tiaras  queeny

I'm sure she does! LOL
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: