Royal Gossip
August 19, 2017, 07:30:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's Jewellery Box III  (Read 13340 times)
deGuernsey
Baroness

Failte

« Reply #220 on: August 01, 2017, 08:08:28 pm »

^ I see you know how to wear jewelles... it would be great to see your collection. I bet you have some truly wonderful pieces. flower  KMs personality is a cheap, vulgar peasant so it shines through. Also, she tries to replicate what other females would or have worn and that makes it worse. She is a commoner copycat even esp as of late in the jewellery dept.... bignono

Barnabe et Kitty...
Spotted Dick
gossip insider

« Reply #221 on: August 02, 2017, 05:35:07 am »

I thought the same, she's copying Diana by "mixing" high street and high end, but all her "high end" is diddly Kiki stuff and her "high street" is overpriced tat.
I remember well people saying how Diana would nip out to the shops on the high street and buy for very little money costume jewellery, which she then wore to engagements. That is far away from Kate shelling out hundreds for faux pearl & diamond atrocities made by Balenciaga. There is literally nothing "thrifty" (and never has been) about Duchass Doolittle.

Though I do wonder what she has stashed away. During the Olympics she wore that super expenisve ugly Cartier Trinity necklace, for which she received massive backlash and hasn't been seen since. She has that diamond & tanzanite cluster set of necklace & earrings by G Collins & Sons, which falls into high end and now she wore in Poland what appears to be a diamond & ruby (mismatched) set. So some expensive stuff must be around, hidden. And given her shopping addiction, I bet she does shop regularly for more expensive jewellery, just doesn't take it out in public.

And many of the very expensive things she has (incl some of the wedding jewellery she received) came from ominous "family friends". Amazingly nothing from other royal houses  Cool

I remember that necklace well.  Just goes to show you that no amount money compensates for a lack of taste.  I would love to see the true extent of her jewelry wardrobe and find out who gave her what.  I bet she bought most of it herself!
Spotted Dick
gossip insider

« Reply #222 on: August 02, 2017, 05:42:58 am »

Anybody who knows how to wear jewelry understands the importance of having core pieces that reflect your personality.  Kate's Cartier watch, for instance, is too masculine and sporty to wear the majority of the time.  And Big Blue does not suit her at all.  It's an important piece but it dated itself early and never should have been given to her.  It will always be Diana's Ring.

What she seems to be doing is buying pieces that are families of Diana's ring.  She has far too many pieces that are stones circled with smaller stones and it's too matchy matchy and ends up looking cheap.

She's got to develop a true sense of her own style before setting up a wardrobe of jewels but that seems unlikely to happen. 

Excellent analysis!  Her jewelry choices betray her lack of imagination.  The ruby pieces she wore in Poland were so horribly mis-matched.  It looked juvenile.  She is simply out of her depth.  Even if she or her "stylists" could somehow curate appropriate ensembles, she still can't pull off the looks.  BTW, the design of stones circled with smaller stones is called a "halo".  The irony is not lost on me.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: