Royal Gossip
May 24, 2017, 12:39:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Olympics Rio 2016  (Read 2408 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2016, 05:54:51 pm »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/women-olympians-dont-need-men-to-be-badass_us_57a87489e4b03ba68012ccbb?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rio-2016-sexism-media_us_57a840dbe4b056bad215f03c

The man responsible': NBC broadcaster draws ire after crediting world record to swimmer’s husband

Hungarian swimmer Katinka Hosszu obliterated the world record in the 400-meter individual medley Saturday night, and her performance was immediately praised as one of the best of the still nascent Rio Olympic Games. But the electrifying showing by the swimmer nicknamed the “Iron Lady” also stirred up plenty of buzz outside the pool, which began with controversial comments from NBC’s telecast following the event.

[Sally Jenkins: By ‘packaging’ Olympics, NBC insults viewers and athletes themselves]

Hosszu’s husband, Shane Tusup, also serves as her coach and was on the pool deck wildly celebrating his wife’s gold medal Saturday. While their relationship has been well-documented and has invited scrutiny in the swimming world in the lead up to Rio, the Twittersphere erupted after Hosszu’s performance on Saturday, with a number of Tweets blaming  NBC announcer Dan Hicks for calling Tusup “the man responsible” for the record-breaking performance.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/08/07/the-man-responsible-nbc-broadcaster-draws-ire-after-crediting-world-record-to-swimmers-husband/

the media thumbsdown  every time a woman does well they find a way to stick a man into it

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2016, 07:27:01 pm »

NBC Olympic Commentator Tweets That Parents of Simone Biles Are NOT Her Parents Because She’s Adopted
By Carrie Goldman – By now, everyone is talking about the powerful, incredible Simone Biles, the top contender for the all-around gold medal in gymnastics at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio.
One person who is doing the talking, however, refuses to acknowledge that Simone’s parents are, in fact, her parents. His words undermine the very meaning of adoption.
http://www.womenyoushouldknow.net/nbc-olympic-commentator-tweets-parents-simone-biles-not-parents-shes-adopted/

this jerk so what if she's adopted they took her and her sister in when her mother couldn't  take care of her,and they was in foster care  .They are very much her parents

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 07:44:02 am »

^^^  easter-lol
^^ Yes, exactly. What really matters is who did it.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2016, 09:50:32 pm »

Rio Olympics: Internet Reacts to Michael Phelps Destroying Chad le Clos
http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/michael-phelps-turns-chad-le-clos-into-crying-jordan-meme-w433689

LOL all that smack le Clos’s was talking before the race and he didn't even place

i'm starting to find Michael Phelps atriactive.  Cool

The U.S women gymianstic  team killed it

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2016, 05:05:25 pm »

To File Under: Swimmers in Hot Water

Re:  Ryan Lochte & Co.'s "Robbery"

Hands down, the single most confusing story out of the Rio Olympics to me.  

First:  Lochte calls his mom (big mistake, she'll call CNN stat!) and says he and his fellow swimmers were taken out of a taxi, a gun was pointed at his head and they were robbed.  Then,

Second:  Rio police get wind of this on the news and go to IOC to ask questions.  Then,

Third:  Stories start getting murky and inconsistent, so,

Fourth:  Rio police call the swimmers in for questioning and,

Fifth:  The "story" changes to they were at a gas station and they were robbed but they were intoxicated so don't remember things all too well

Sixth:  A video is shown as the swimmers enter the Olympic compound at 6-something in the morning showing their wallets and all seem ok which conflicts with their wallet stolen, 4 am incident thing, so, surprise, surprise

Seventh:  "Swifty" Lochte gets out of Rio very shortly before Rio takes everybody involved's passports so he's the only one on US soil.  All the others (3?) are being held for questioning and were taken off of the departing planes just before take-off.  So close.  Soooo close.

Eighth:  http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/08/18/ryan-lochte-lying-robbery-olympics-fight-swim-team-security-video/

Now we hear that the swimmers were in a gas station bathroom, there's video of an altercation, the swimmers breaking down the door and a security guard being in the fight.

Obviously a fluid and slowly updating story.   Cool
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 05:33:43 pm by YooperModerator » Logged

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2016, 07:43:57 pm »

Ryan Lochte is everything the world hates about Americans
This was late one night — actually, early one morning — in the summer of 2004, at a bustling tavern in Plaka, the social heart of Athens during the Olympics. We could see the Parthenon from our table, where six of us, from six different countries, had just wound up another 16-hour day covering boating, boxing and badminton, convincing our readers in five different languages that we were experts in all of them.

It was the reporter from Naftemporiki, a financial newspaper based in Greece, who said, joking, “I think we all know who wrote the best story today,” and he pointed at me.

I was enjoying both my Heineken and the international compliment when the reporter from The Australian newspaper explained the joke to me, which had gone sailing over my head.

“Of course you did, mate,” he said. “You wrote it in American!”

This was my colleagues’ subtle explanation for what we commonly refer to as the “Ugly American” abroad: a sense of entitlement, however subtle; a feeling of superiority, however unintended. My Aussie friend added, “You aren’t really all that ugly. Just slightly disfigured.”

Sometimes, as I’ve traveled overseas, I’ve been troubled by that notion, of the assumption of the Ugly American. I’ve thought it a cartoon, a caricature, whose time was surely over.

And then, sometimes, you see someone like Ryan Lochte open his mouth.

And when you hear what comes tumbling out, it all makes perfect sense.http

http://nypost.com/2016/08/18/ryan-lochte-is-everything-the-world-hates-about-americans/

shame on some of these media outlets and people on social media calling Ryan a kid or child he's a 32 year old man who should know better and they coming up with all kinds of excuses for him .
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 07:51:13 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2016, 12:47:09 am »

^Too true and please believe me that Lochte doesn't speak for all of us.  We are furious with this idiot!  Well, I know I am. Plus, you don't scare your own mother to hide from responsibility!  I'd bring out a huge can of whupa$$ for my sons. I hope Lochte's sponsors drop him like a bad habit.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2016, 07:21:49 pm »

Re:  Ryan Lochte & Co.'s "Robbery"

Hands down, the single most confusing story out of the Rio Olympics to me. 

And continues to be.    eating cookies

I haven't followed it too closely, but I have taken away that:

4 intoxicated USA swimmers had been out on the town and decided the stop off at a gas station to use the bathroom.  That in itself is hard to wrap my mind around as I would pee behind a bush before EVER using a gas station bathroom.   Notoriously vile, every one. 

Allegedly some of them urinated on a wall or floor or something.   See above about the vileness of gas station bathrooms in general.  This is a common occurence.

One of them knocked down/pulled down a sign/poster.

A door was damaged?

The 4 returned to their taxi.  They were invited out by a security guard with a gun.

Through a translator, the 4 were told they were expected to hand over money for "damages".

They gave what cash they had -- about $70.

There has been no photo of the "damage" done to the bathroom published as far as I know.

One swimmer went back home.  Two others were pulled off a plane to answer questions.  One paid a $11,000 fine to authorities.

Reluctant to let to of a good thing, the authorities tried to get QUADRUPLE that amount from said swimmer and were disappointed to find he and his checkbook had already left the country.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3750940/Olympic-judge-tries-QUADRUPLE-fine-shamed-swimmer-Jimmy-Feigen-left-Brazil.html

Hmmmm.

Some bad behavior, yes, on the part of the swimmers.  However, a person holding a gun -- even if it is not pointed at your head as one swimmer alleged -- and demanding money is an intimidating situation.

The authorities seeking an exhorbitant amount of money is  bignono

The swimmers have been embarrassed.  The authorities and gas station got their money.   These swimmers had to swim in the foul-smelling, murky waters of the Olympic pool that caused Lochte's white hair to turn green.  I think everyone should call it a day and move on.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2016, 08:53:24 pm »

thats what happen when people have bleached white hair and swim in chlorine it can turn it green

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2016, 09:53:22 pm »

No one was clear if there was chlorine in the pool.  Officials threw their hands up, drained the pools and started over.

http://deadspin.com/rio-officials-replace-pool-water-have-new-excuses-1785275244

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2016, 02:49:02 pm »

Brazilian Kids To The Paralympics #filltheseats
https://www.generosity.com/education-fundraising/brazilian-kids-to-the-paralympics-filltheseats

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: