Royal Gossip
July 27, 2017, 01:44:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Divorce Among Royalty  (Read 2582 times)
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2016, 10:32:53 pm »

^^I wish they would put these rules in place. It sure would filter out some folks who have and are sniffing around.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2016, 11:52:17 pm »

^^^ I agree. Taxpayers should not be paying for non-royals (royals are already expensive enough), and it seems very silly that there would be two Duchesses of York if Andrew were to remarry.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2016, 12:40:41 am »

As cruel as this is, Fergie should have been allowed to use the surname Windsor, but not the title Duchess of York in any capacity. There's no excuse for it and Fergie has abused it relentlessly. I do think it has prevented her from growing up and moving on with her life. Being "Ms. Sarah Windsor" would be good enough and it would enable Andrew to move on as well. If I were HM I wouldn't allow Fergie to live on palace grounds and really, the same with Diana. I would have had Diana be known as "Ms. Diana Windsor" and have her move to her old family pile or into a heavily secured place of her own.

As for removing the memorabilia, that is only natural since Diana was no longer going to be an official member of the BRF, so it's how this is supposed to be done. You're not one of them, you don't have any bizness being on the portraits or the stamps or the biscuit tins.

Alexandra of Denmark was formerly married to Prince Joachim (younger brother of Crown Prince Frederick) and after the divorce, for some reason, she was able to retain the title of princess and was invited to state events. After her second marriage she lost her Princess status and has been known as Countess Alexandra and lives a lavish life and has a pension. I dislike how she still lives a titled life, she has no business having a title. Same with the pension and same with the many houses. She really made out like a bandit and frankly she should have been told that if she leaves, she gets basic alimony for a few years to get on her feet and then she's on her own.

Absolutely KF. It needs to be addressed. That's why the Wales' boys were/are involved with some people who wish to profit by association with them. Whether they be friends or partners. And not just them either. I'm thinking Princess Beatrice's ex too. That way, they might filter out the 'gold diggers' etc.

Same with social climbers. I wonder how different things would be if people took a less 'fairy-tale' approach and stopped cheering these Cinderellas who turn into snooty queens right after the marriage. I do think that if it did happen, users would be less keen on latching onto royalty. I wonder how Kate would approach the marriage IF the palace had announced that Kate was refusing to sign a prenuptial agreement and as a result, the engagement might be cancelled. It might in fact have saved William from making the biggest mistake of his life. Thing is, that these marriages are NOT like any other.

If I were Sovereign, if a wife wanted out of the marriage, I would tell her to get out and think twice before thinking that she's walking away with the jewels and titles and palace apartments. In or out and no courtesy title and no fat pension. This isn't 'nice,' but fact is, no one has business mooching.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Whiffy Leaks
courtier

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2017, 01:50:31 pm »

Thing is, Fergie went on to make millions and interestingly, because of her commercial activities, the palace decided that it was going to be unsuitable if Diana did the same and so basically Diana had to sign an agreement promising never to engage in commercial activities.

Somehow I doubt they'd need to worry about Waity doing anything remotely akin to work when the finally offload her.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2017, 02:04:20 pm »

Beg to differ, Kate will be Fergie on turbo, making money giving one interview after another.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2017, 10:43:12 pm »

Aye. And because she has no boundaries, she will be even more of a loose cannon than Fergie. And she would spill the beans on all the RF.

When Fergie divorced, she didn't want money after the divorce. Just "the Queen's friendship!" Deluded much?
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2017, 11:04:50 pm »

Kate would burn out a lot more quickly as well. Kate strikes me as someone who would fall apart when losing her HRH, easy club access, and all the trappings. she would do interviews, but she would have no credibility.

As for Fergie, she just isn't smart or tough enough to last in any kind of RF, or this world. If she had lost "Duchess of York," I think she would be on benefits or have a conservator basically handle her money. She wouldn't have the same pull and she would be expected to get her own life. If she had not married Andrew she would likely be living in some countryside backwater or simply a jet set groupie like she was before her marriage. I don't think she would have designer stuff or invitations to the places she's gone to; not that her set is something to brag about.

I do believe that in the event of a royal divorce, no more HRH and certainly no courtesy titles. It has to end and removing all titles would force the ex-spouse to move on in life and allow the royal to move on to someone else without any awkward complications.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: