Royal Gossip
December 15, 2017, 04:10:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry's Romances IV  (Read 55904 times)
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2016, 08:17:06 am »

These stories are so  bored3 bored3 bored3 bored3 bored3 bored3  as well as him linked with a BBB.

Keep Calm and Carry On
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2016, 01:08:17 pm »

There was time when he often dated but now he seems to focus his attention on working.   

Maya
courtier

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2016, 02:39:50 pm »

I think Harry should stay single for as long as possible because another Royal wedding would just serve to bolster Cameron's flagging popularity. In fact after writing this it wouldn't surprise me if Dave whisks another Royal wedding into being to plump up his tenure.

Ever since the UK swung to the centre right - I'm sure pleasing The Establishment who become increasingly able to feather their nests during austerity while everyone else starves and uses Foodbanks - I'm tired of the Marriage Agenda - marriage is now a political issue. In the UK under a Conservative ideology everyone must be married. It's a step backwards into the dark ages and is increasingly incentivised in British society as a normative value, the Marriage Tax relief for example urging people to couple up for pecuniary reasons. Not only this women are some of the hardest hit by Centre right politics. While everyone is pushed back into the home and out of the boardroom to take up such twee hobbies as watching Mary Berry's Great British Bake Off or knitting or child rearing - see Willnot and Cannot who regularly condemn working parents stating they need to stay home like all the time or their children will somehow be damaged as if they're not already being damaged from a workless household as once such Establishment example that is upheld as an example as how we should behave in a Conservative Britain. While this is happening and with increasing pressures on legal aid coupling up and staying coupled up for pecuniary reasons has become a terrible norm.

I know people working two jobs just to make ends meet, I know people who live in a supposedly developed country and are starving and as a member of The Establishment the Daily Mail will never cover these life stories. Instead we're spoon fed pretty weddings and expected to think this is success. It's smoke and mirrors, bread and circuses to draw away from the glaring problems in British society.

So with that in mind staying single is rebellious and a political gesture. It's one without a doubt Harry won't be able to make for much longer as the saying goes 'Misery loves company'. In a patriarchal oligarchy he may have a little bit more leeway than if he were a woman but not for much longer.

I read over at Heavy Are The Crowns that apparently the British Royal Family members can vote and as they have a love in everytime they come within a sniff of a Conservative politician it won't surprise me in the least if Harry is rushed down the aisle next. He's old school, the British Royal family aren't modern anything but they're an archaic anachronism.

I used to have great fun predicting the future but sometimes it's far easier to predict when you look back at past precedent. When Harry is rushed down the aisle it won't be a love match it will be dynastic.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2016, 05:02:39 pm »

i totally agree with you regarding Harry. I think that it'll be a disaster if he marries for anything else but love. He's really rubbish at hidding his feelings. I think the best thing that the royals can do is to leave him. He'll be no good for any positive pr if he's dragged into "marriage for good pr for the prime minister and the royal family."

Keep Calm and Carry On
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2016, 07:55:41 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3614440/Who-left-love-Harry-weekend-wedding-s-NOT-friends-leaves-singles-club.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
livylivy
Countess

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2016, 08:12:28 pm »

Che angoscia!!!!  easter-sly
This is what in italian we would say, " What a anguish" , " what distress".

He' s 31, not 51 he' s about my age and some friends of mine, as old as him, are single, unmarried, but that doesn' t mean they' re unhappy or they' re in a rush to tie the knot. They just don' t want to get married. And people usually don' t get married because all their friends did.
Maybe Harry' s okay this way, maybe he hasn' t find the one, maybe he has and he' s waiting the right time to introduce her to the british press.
The prince of Monaco married much later than him, for example.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2016, 05:45:15 am »

when all your friends are getting married you should consider at least finding a steady girlfriend. the press is right. it is time for him to find someone.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2016, 10:48:44 am »

I hope he will cope with the pressure what this marriage-thing puts on him.

Maya
courtier

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2016, 02:47:20 pm »

Thanks Windsor2  thankyou

I think Harry - this as conjecture rather than being based in solid provable fact - has two facets to his personality which he has admitted to post Las Vegas when he said he was 'Too much Army not enough Prince'. There's Harry when he's on and Harry when he's off - duty. I think his brother is the same. It's why there are the very formal official portraits which is what most of the UK and International public will unquestioningly see via mainstream media outlets and PR - official twitters etc - with a man who carries out his duties and is the supposed saviour of the monarchy. Then there's an average thirty something who does average and not so average things in his downtime.

In a Conservative age the monarchy maintains it's power by promoting and maintaining an image of unattainable traditional perfection. That's the reason for Silvercross perambulators, children dressed in 1950s' get up, they feel the need to promote traditional Conservative values in order to survive. The image of the monarchy is nothing like the real people IMO.  There has been a paradigm shift since the Blair years where both brothers and girlfriends were seen falling out of clubs and being average twenty somethings, the Queen welcoming in the millennium at the millenium dome etc and the reporting on the monarchy at that time was more, realistic. I don't think there would have been such a big deal about Vegas a decade ago but now we live in the UK - apparently from the top down in the hierarchy - in a more Conservative age and the reporting and palace PR reflects this. The monarchy adapts so the institution can survive.

Which is why I think if Harry's marriage becomes important to the monarchy - another divorce in the family for example - during a Conservative age of traditional values there will be more facade, a dynastic marriage. The reason IMO that the Palace PR Machine doesn't want the general public to see the two siblings in their downtime is because of the values of the age which the British Royal Family has currently adopted, the very real fear in the Age of Fear is that should the general public wake up and realise that these are very ordinary people in an extraordinary position of inherited and not meritocratic power.

The current argument is that the British monarch has very only soft power - it's there for tourism. The Monarchy is there for state banquets. They wear pretty clothes and have pretty hair etc and occasionally have beautiful pomp and ceremony weddings.

That's not the reality. Every day white papers are approved by the monarch in the Red Box sent by the Prime Minister. There are weekly meetings with the current incumbent. The members of the British Royal Family can vote. They can meet with members of state and have access to the type of power that the average person even voted in as an MP cannot. That's not soft power, that's not pretty hair and pretty dresses which is just the window dressing, the front of shop hiding the backroom reality.

So as not to digress too far from the point Harry's marriage is important to the institution of the monarchy and it's survival. I'm not sure that it's going to be a love match for this reason. The more power that is passed to Harry to handle, the more responsibility he has for the literal dissemination of the official PR line the less likely it will be IMO that a marriage will be left to something as transient as love. 

livylivy
Countess

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2016, 07:55:28 pm »

In my opinion he' s 31 and he' s a man, not a woman. I wouldn' t say he' s got plenty of time to find the one but I wouldn' t put him in a rush either, he can wait a few years in my opinion. Plus he must find a woman fit for the role, which is not so easy
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2016, 10:55:50 pm »

Realistically, the BRF will have to offer more than a fairy-tale to someone who would take the considerable risk of becoming Harry's consort and all that it would entail. Harry needs to prove that he won't put up with any BS directed at his wife, in public or private and realistically I believe that Harry might not be up to that. Each time Harry lets Kate flirt or fondle him in public, it sends a message that he won't put a stop to it for the sake of his wife. He's showing that any woman who marries him will have to put up with being sidelined while Kate takes up most of his attention. Given how possessive Kate so obviously is, it would be a bad mix, combined with Kate's volatility, potentially explosive, chaotic and minimum.

when all your friends are getting married you should consider at least finding a steady girlfriend. the press is right. it is time for him to find someone.

I hope he will cope with the pressure what this marriage-thing puts on him.

You know, he put his woes about not finding the right girl out there and said in an interview that he was looking for someone. He needs to straighten up and realize that the public would have no tolerance for a rocky/scandalous marriage and divorce and frankly I just wonder how many nice girls there are left. A lot of nice girls are either married or well into careers and enjoying a hard earned comfortable life. A lot of successful women who are experienced in the world wouldn't want to deal with Windsor family drama or being required to defer to Kate outranking them.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
livylivy
Countess

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2016, 11:04:23 pm »

I agree completely. It' s not only being a member of the BRF which is really hard,  it's not only being extremely fit for the job ( another useless vapid woman would end up the monarchy) but it is also dealing with Kate who will be mad after Harry' s engagement.

I think the reason why Harry' s takling long to find his girlfriend/ wife is because he' s aware of his position, Will, on the coutrary wasn't or just didn' t care at all. And probably now Harry is focusing on his job. Or maybe he' s secretly dating someone at the moment  easter-think
Then again, as i said before, he' s a man he' s 31, not 45!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2016, 12:09:16 am »

The good ones are being snapped up and well into their careers that they've worked hard for.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2016, 01:27:43 am »

Good posts ladies.  thumbsup  I think that Harry likes women that aren't all BBB's. I think he'd date any woman that he gets on with weather she's black, Asian, poor, rich, etc. I think tha press paints this image of him only interested in blue blooded blonds. The issue of him being paranoid about the scrutiny of a girlfriend would make sense, imo. Also, lets say he starts dating a black lady and the press gets wind of it, she'll not ony create media interest, she'll have to deal with racist crap, snobbery, and people saying that she's mental to date Harry when he'll not marry her because he'll end up with someone that the establishment would approve, imo. I hope this make sense.  eating cookies 

Keep Calm and Carry On
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2016, 10:53:33 am »

I keep seeing comments in the DM and other outlets whenever Harry's love life is mentioned that suggest maybe Harry does not want a girl.  Someone even said he would probably prefer a Royal Marine.  Not that I agree but this is the danger the RF has to guard against - as Maya said - anything that suggests the RF is not the traditional sort is poison to them.  So now we get a lot of speculation and rumors about Harry and a girl.  There was even allegedly a pic of him with Cressie reported on Twitter at a party.  Must do all to make it appear Harry is actively looking for a girl.

Personally I suspect Harry has no real desire to marry right now - he talks a lot about wanting kids but you will note never about a wife.  I also suspect Harry may not be the easiest guy to be in a relationship with - his friends have said he can be demanding while not being very supportive in return.  Harry is also used to be solo and the center of attention - how does he fit someone else into this?

I agree with Maya -if he does not manage to find someone on his own within a year or two  they will somehow find a suitable in their eyes female and Harry will do his duty.  A single royal male past  32 or so becomes a liability.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2016, 01:56:01 pm »

Those comments about him wanting men started cropping up recently as far as I can see. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Carole Midd or Pippa, especially after getting spurned publicly by him by way of the press complaint. I think k he's just not bothering with dating and eventually finding s decent woman because he'd prefer to do his own thing when he wants without having to deal with stuff that a gf would bring. He's not really has a relationship that's a mature one where he'd have to give of himself. The women seem to be more interested in using him for pr than anything else. If he's still drinking heavily, that's a major turnoff to women other than the lushes that frequent the bars.
I hope he does have his private life together and does find someone on his own. It'd be disastrous if he enters into anything that's arranged. 

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2016, 10:38:01 pm »

I think given the poor decisions that William and Harry have shown, I think an arranged marriage would in fact be better than letting Harry make the same mistakes as his brother. I don't think Harry is smarter or better than his brother, just still has the residual hype of being the Hottie Dirty Harry and I don't believe he's going to be able to discern the bad types from the better types. Like his brother, he hangs around girls only if they have money and some kind of standing. I don't believe he should be viewed as a misunderstood lost boy (he's a full adult now) in need of rescuing from the 'evil socialite/BBB set and he's made conscious choices to court/date women form his set for some time. I do think in fact he is holding out for the best possible match that he can get and is likely more elitist than even William. William dated and married someone who had money, but no court connections and no title or even a prestigious career and frankly she brought a grossly opportunistic family. I mean, Harry is clearly making a choice about preferences and is showing the world that he's interested more in the connected and well off, not an every day middle class lass.

livylivy
Countess

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2016, 11:07:30 pm »

that' s why I find Harry smarter that William: at least he dated girls belonging to his environment and lifestyle, girl who could have potentially handled the situation.
This is pure speculation only, I' ve never ever met Harry, I don' t know him and I'm pretty sure I never will, I' m just speculating about what I've read on papers, he might be also the most stupid member of the BRF  dontknow but IMo he' s doing a great job ( at least IMO his work is fine).

I think nowadays we have very good princesses coming from the middle classes who adjusted themselves to their new royal lives and improved themselves. Yet they worked before getting married ( Charlene was a swimmer, Letizia was a journalist etc.) so they had learnt that while working you need to act in a certain way depending on the occasion and you have to get dressed in a certain way too.
Waity is the worst princess in the world nowadays  ick, at least in comparison with the ones I know. William couldn' t choose worst. But actually IMO they are alike, they deserve each others-
 BackOnTopic BackOnTopic BackOnTopic BackOnTopic Sorry!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:10:34 pm by livylivy » Logged
michelle0187
courtier

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2016, 12:35:58 am »

Good posts ladies.  thumbsup  I think that Harry likes women that aren't all BBB's. I think he'd date any woman that he gets on with weather she's black, Asian, poor, rich, etc. I think tha press paints this image of him only interested in blue blooded blonds. The issue of him being paranoid about the scrutiny of a girlfriend would make sense, imo. Also, lets say he starts dating a black lady and the press gets wind of it, she'll not ony create media interest, she'll have to deal with racist crap, snobbery, and people saying that she's mental to date Harry when he'll not marry her because he'll end up with someone that the establishment would approve, imo. I hope this make sense.  eating cookies 

It's kind of hard to believe he doesn't have that type because for the past two years most fans and media thought he was considering going back to those previous gfs that fit the description. There wasn't proof in those 2 years but most believed it and some still do. A few royal watchers tend to think he's either gay, too childish and aimless for the perfect superior bbbs. Quite sad that he's mostly looked at as the only problem letting the blueblood ones go. The one who couldn't be smart enough to marry bbbs before 30. Its insulting to say he is hopeless if those types are settling down left and right Wil amount to him being lonely for along time. It would take a non bbb for most to say she wasn't good enough. You're right that those outside of that type would be chewed up and spat out by fans and the media. The thought of it actually bothers many not all but a lot. They'd have a better understanding of him dating a duck with a blonde wig.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 12:38:55 am by michelle0187 » Logged
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2016, 01:08:02 pm »

you would think he'd be ready to marry - he is of the age when most guys do and I feel sure his family would prefer to see him married plus he genuinely seems to want kids.  I think he believes he has to marry within his class - face it - his friends are largely of that class.  Not so much titled people but people who have an association with the RF and some ancestor who was titled.  Even Chels while not titled comes from the wealthy private school Stowe crowd.

If we take the word of the comments that supposedly come from his friends - he has problems re: relationships.  Allegedly he is not very supportive, tends to whine about his lot in life, can be moody, and some have said he looks for mothering.  His friends have claimed he does practical jokes which do not sit well with his GF's.   He apparently had some cheating issues when with Chelsy.  So maybe he just has not figured out how to make a relationship work and if he has such a reputation among the BBB crowd it chases eligible girls of that crowd away.  I really do not believe they are all running away because of the demands of royal life - that crowd are all monarchists.

I just do not get the impression he wants a married life yet.  It seems he did try to make it up with Cressie but she was having none of it.  Maybe he has been burned a few times and so is leery.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: