Royal Gossip
November 20, 2017, 11:34:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry's Romances IV  (Read 54560 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #240 on: November 08, 2016, 07:08:48 pm »

Would someone please explain to me the whole 'official girlfriend' thing? Can't it just be a part of his life, but not some kind of official role that should get some kind of recognition and respect? An official announcement and request for privacy?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #241 on: November 08, 2016, 09:49:08 pm »

How can a girlfriend be official? A girlfriend is someone he is dating, getting to know better. They're not married, so is it like a mistress or concubine? Officially recognizing that they're sleeping together but not married?  blink

I don't think the taxpayer should be giving her protection or anything, an extra expense for someone who isn't part of the royal family.  thumbsdown
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #242 on: November 08, 2016, 10:20:27 pm »

you know how when you date someone and it takes a bit of time until you really become an item, and then some more time before you make it official on fb ... well it's the same with Harry. he confirmed in the press that she's his gf, thus making it official ... something he never really did for Cressida (apart from a public appearance a week before he broke it off publicly)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #243 on: November 08, 2016, 10:26:56 pm »

I do think that if she makes it to becoming a wife, Koo Stark is owed a huge apology. A small brief topless scene and Koo was painted as a Jezebel and now Kate came along and now this woman who has basically hung it all out for the world to see.

Normally we would say that the whole situation is in need of HM or someone to get everyone in line, but given that the entire RF is clearly spiraling out of control, I believe that there is no way that things are going to change or be changed. WK are a lost cause, the Yorkies can't stop their meddling, and Harry is clearly unable or unwilling to get a grip on himself for his own sake. Harry never should have released that statement and he should have told his girlfriend to cool her jets and stop playing games with the press.

I do think that this recent trend of 'official girlfriend' is something that has been oddly introduced by Kate, but not just as an acknowledgement, but as a new kind of official role, making the girlfriend entitled to press help from the palace and physical protection from the palace. I do see that these princes are unwilling to find women who understand that being a girlfriend does not entitle them to anything and frankly I am SICK of these entitlement complexes that these spoiled brats have.

As for privacy and protection from the press, scrutiny is scrutiny and frankly there is a reason for it. No one is entitled to privacy if they're dating someone who is in the history books. Harry is a public person and he is in his nation's history books by virtue of his birth.  I am so sick of these women walking into a royal's life and then demanding that they be able to live their life free of scrutiny or not be asked to account for their behavior. I seriously dislike how a lot of these women think they shouldn't have to explain their behavior or  past choices.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #244 on: November 08, 2016, 11:17:32 pm »

So true. Someone said that there was a whole paragraph about her dating Harry on her wiki page around the time the story broke earlier this month. It's true that anyone can edit a wiki page, but because she was so unknown to the wider audience who don't watch her show, why would anyone outside of her cirlce of interest do it? The statement in this case was made because she was "attacked" by the press only because of her ethnicity. I think a grlfriend should get some advice and help only when it's necessary. When a woman's job is to court the press for her career, how can anyone expect the press to be told off becaue her partner wants privacy. Yes, Waity started the trend of an "official girlfriend" and seeing that she got away with it and then Cressida got away with her games and now this situation's only led any future women to do the ams thing. The royal's have made it ok for them to do that and at the same time, have the nerve to tell off the press.  bignono 

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #245 on: November 08, 2016, 11:32:31 pm »

I think that if a girlfriend of a prince feels like she's getting attacked because she is getting scrutiny. I don't think these princes should expect the press to treat their girlfriends with kid gloves, if in fact the girlfriend is up to something that she should be getting into. If there are nude photos, then she has no business hiding them as if she shouldn't be caught out. If she's up to shady things, she has no business expecting privacy. It's not as if she's straight from the convent and it's not like she's oddly out of her depth. I do think she's trying to brush up her image and past and  change herself into someone who apparently doesn't do 'bad things' like pose nude or have a sincere interest in society. Like Kate.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #246 on: November 08, 2016, 11:51:31 pm »

sorry, wrong thread.  Embarrassed

Keep Calm and Carry On
marion
Duchess

« Reply #247 on: November 09, 2016, 11:00:44 am »

^^She's getting scrutiny because she couldn't keep her mouth shut and her fingers off the keys off her PC long enougn not to post on her own website and Instagram. 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3918786/Harry-s-admirable-chap-claim-publicity-hungry-Ms-Markle-hapless-victim-proposterous-says-SARAH-VINE.html
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #248 on: November 09, 2016, 12:54:06 pm »

I do think that if she makes it to becoming a wife, Koo Stark is owed a huge apology. A small brief topless scene and Koo was painted as a Jezebel and now Kate came along and now this woman who has basically hung it all out for the world to see.

Normally we would say that the whole situation is in need of HM or someone to get everyone in line, but given that the entire RF is clearly spiraling out of control, I believe that there is no way that things are going to change or be changed. WK are a lost cause, the Yorkies can't stop their meddling, and Harry is clearly unable or unwilling to get a grip on himself for his own sake. Harry never should have released that statement and he should have told his girlfriend to cool her jets and stop playing games with the press.

I do think that this recent trend of 'official girlfriend' is something that has been oddly introduced by Kate, but not just as an acknowledgement, but as a new kind of official role, making the girlfriend entitled to press help from the palace and physical protection from the palace. I do see that these princes are unwilling to find women who understand that being a girlfriend does not entitle them to anything and frankly I am SICK of these entitlement complexes that these spoiled brats have.

As for privacy and protection from the press, scrutiny is scrutiny and frankly there is a reason for it. No one is entitled to privacy if they're dating someone who is in the history books. Harry is a public person and he is in his nation's history books by virtue of his birth.  I am so sick of these women walking into a royal's life and then demanding that they be able to live their life free of scrutiny or not be asked to account for their behavior. I seriously dislike how a lot of these women think they shouldn't have to explain their behavior or  past choices.

And what is sad is that they are effectively using Diana's death as a stepping stone for themselves.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #249 on: November 09, 2016, 05:36:58 pm »

I wonder how Princess Margaret feels in Heaven right now, seeing that she didn't get to marry her soulmate Captain Townsend. Or how Prince Michael had to renounce his place in the succession to marry Princess Michael. Koo would have made a fabulous wife for Andrew and yet, just because of a MINOR indiscretion as a ditzy teen, she was painted as a scarlet woman and cut out brutally from Andrew and pilloried. Then she was forced to watch a debt ridden butterball of a woman marry Andrew, only to basically cheat on Andrew from the get-go and turn the role of Duchess of York into a tabloid drama and nearly tear down a dynasty. Fergie, despite being 'one of us,' ended up being a disaster for the RF. Now go figure, Koo will watch a prince stand up for his less than worthy love and if Meg makes it, I hope HM has the decency to call Koo up and ask if Koo would like to marry Andrew, or at least give a solid apology for the way the RF treated her.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #250 on: November 09, 2016, 05:46:48 pm »

People aren't pleased with him and are letting him have it in the comments in the DM. He's now being discribed as a celebrity. He's now being put in the same light as those he seems to like hanging around. Celebrities are held to a looser standard than royalty whose expectations are higher because they're supposed to represent the British people when overseas and when foreign dignitaries go to Britain. He can't be taken seriously if the expectation's to be more like a celebrity.

Keep Calm and Carry On
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #251 on: November 09, 2016, 05:56:53 pm »

The Sun is telling Harry "to get real" and even The Guardian has another article covering this - The Guardian is anti monarchy and so you know they are loving Harry get told off
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #252 on: November 09, 2016, 06:30:16 pm »

I'm glad he's getting it getting told off by the press and the public.
The press should make a complaint about being made criminals by her making accusations of them trying to get into her house. That's a very serious accusation that I feel shouldn't be let go lightly.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #253 on: November 09, 2016, 07:26:33 pm »

Please discuss this in Markle thread.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
lilaclavender
royal watcher

« Reply #254 on: December 18, 2016, 01:38:57 am »

Go away for a month (started new job) and so much happens! I've grazed through things at the DM a bit but haven't had time for forum reading. I've really missed this place, and wondered what the takes would be. The current Markle thread is locked, so guess I'll read thru some of the older ones.  Hi
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 01:44:00 am by lilaclavender » Logged
MoonlitSerenity
gossip insider

« Reply #255 on: December 18, 2016, 03:25:52 am »

^Welcome back and congrats on the new job!

Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #256 on: December 18, 2016, 03:38:29 am »

Not missing much, another day...another bullsh*t story. sigh
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #257 on: December 18, 2016, 11:30:28 pm »

I know what you mean. I went away for less than one day to find 2, yes 2, unread pages!

But thank you MODs.  thankyou
Lady Marmalade
royal watcher

« Reply #258 on: December 20, 2016, 10:02:17 pm »

KF You make some excellent points about the shabby way that Koo was treated considering the people that the younger royals ended up with (and then not)....

But there is an old adage that the Queen will certainly know, "never apologise, never explain". So any admission of a mistake will be a long time in coming.....
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #259 on: December 20, 2016, 10:18:27 pm »

HM is getting up there and she'll be doing a lot of explaining to her ancestors and God. I wouldn't' want to be HM when HM faces judgement. As for Koo, she is owed a major apology from the RF. So is Sabrina Guinness, various other 'unsuitable' exes and I sincerely hope that Harry does in fact marry Meg mainly since it's not like he's much of anything himself. Considering how so many have been treated so shabbily, yes, I do think the BRF is in fact due some karma.

The BRF has GOT to get over itself and frankly Kate and Co. are at the exact same level, since the BRF itself is so low. It's not like Harry is SO decorated and valiant and brave and academically accomplished that he's due some royal virgin who is in line to inherit a prominent throne.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: