Royal Gossip
October 17, 2018, 07:53:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camb's Staff II  (Read 34710 times)
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #200 on: July 30, 2017, 04:37:49 pm »

^A mess on both sides of the pond.  bored3

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Spotted Dick
gossip insider

« Reply #201 on: July 30, 2017, 04:48:40 pm »

Yes, it's very grim or hilarious in a black comedy sort of way; depending on how you look at it....
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #202 on: July 31, 2017, 02:48:31 pm »

>> Duchess of Cambridge appoints new senior aide

The Duchess of Cambridge has appointed a new top aide.

Catherine Quinn will be Kate's new Private Secretary, replacing newly married Rebecca Priestley

Ms. Quinn is currently Chief Operating Officer and Associate Dean for administration at the University of Oxford's Saïd Business School and has previously held leadership positions at Middle Temple and the Wellcome Trust.

She is also is a member of the Boards of the Charity Commission for England and Wales, the Met Office, and the Royal British Legion.

She has an MBA from Oxford University's Saïd Business School and degrees from US and UK universities.

Ms. Quinn will begin her new role at Kensington Palace in October.

Kate's former top aide the former Rebecca Deacon, married fiancé Adam Priestley March in the Chapel Royal at St James's Palace, an exclusive venue only available to those with a direct link to the royal family.

She decided to step down this summer after ten years of service to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry. <<

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/duchess-of-cambridge-appoints-new-senior-aide-a3600441.html
Spotted Dick
gossip insider

« Reply #203 on: July 31, 2017, 04:26:42 pm »

With all those credentials, accomplishments and positions she is going to work for Waity  laugh laugh.  Have they met before?
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #204 on: July 31, 2017, 04:38:53 pm »

For such a well qualified and intelligent woman, bill medd, council cath and haza are going to drive her up the wall  -  they don´t have one decent brain cell between them.  Hope she knows what she is walking into, she will likely live to regret it.
india
Princess

« Reply #205 on: July 31, 2017, 07:18:42 pm »

I am sure she is only doing it to jack up her resume.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #206 on: July 31, 2017, 09:01:11 pm »

Kate's new Girl Friday! Duchess of Cambridge names Oxford University business chief as her private secretary as her former right-hand woman steps down

The Duchess of Cambridge has appointed her new private secretary
    Catherine Quinn is COO at Oxford University's Said Business School
    She will take up the role this October following departure of Rebecca Priestley
    Mrs Priestley is leaving the post after ten years with the royal family
    Ms Quinn's appointment signals that the duchess is planning to broaden her role

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4746672/Duchess-Cambridge-names-new-private-secretary.html
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #207 on: July 31, 2017, 09:05:49 pm »

The comments are less than charitable.

I am sure she is only doing it to jack up her resume.

Exactly.

I believe this secretary was chosen for her by Charles or HM, not Kate's choice at all. I don't think Kate has any control over her life anymore.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #208 on: July 31, 2017, 09:14:20 pm »

I don't think Waity ever did have control over her life. Ma had the control until Waity married Willy then the Firm took over. She has nobody to blame but herself.
logically
courtier

« Reply #209 on: July 31, 2017, 10:17:13 pm »

I too believe this "secretary" was picked for her.  With all the talk of consolidating the "courts" and one message that comes down from Charles & HM.  This is in keeping because this woman is way to skilled to be dictated too by this gold digger.  Her mother controlled her message for years than she had some freedom with the sorority/fraternity house the Cam's played in and now the boom is being lowered.

If daddy is paying for all this then daddy is not going to be embarrassed or stabbed in the back!
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #210 on: July 31, 2017, 10:31:20 pm »

Catherine Quinn's way overqualified to work for Waity which leads me to believe that she's going to be the head person in charge of Waity, Wills and Harry's calendar,appointment, etc. She's going to report to Charles and/or the queen's courtiers as I believe that her appointment is to get things to run like a professional office and for Wills, Waity and Harry, to act like they're leaders. Notice how the article stresses that she's a strong reader. Why do that if she was only going to be Waity's lackey. It's a shame she's not the Duchess of Cambridge instead of Waity.
Like I've said prior, this shake-up should've been done way before Wills wasted good years galvanting atound with Waity and then being allowed to marry her and set up his own court that was serviced by "yes" men and women. It's going to be twice as hard now to undo the damage and get them to get respect of the movers and shakers of the world and the public because Wills seen as arrogant and lazy, Waity a skinny, lazy useless, uncaring airhead and Harry a compassionate, caring chap who seems to fall into unnecessary scraps and attracts/hangs out with cheap, common, rough users who drag him through the press as they use him to boost their image/name recognition for fame. Harry shouldn't be lumped together with the Cambs anyway as he needs to get himself firmly together and get on with his charities and understand that his mess ups effects his image and his ability to bring his charities positive worldwide press.
^oh yes, best believe that papa Charles is in charge and not taking any prisoners. The Cambs and the Midds bs messes up his standing as the next heir, so it's best now to put things in order so people can respect the monarchy again and see that they're of value. It's going to be a very tough job, but it's worth a try.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #211 on: July 31, 2017, 10:32:24 pm »

I don't think Waity ever did have control over her life. Ma had the control until Waity married Willy then the Firm took over. She has nobody to blame but herself.

I think at first she did have control; she could decide who would work for her and in what capacity and she did get control over her schedule (something the palace reminded the public of in the early days against accusations that Kate was being prevented from working against her will) and so it was all up to her. Instead of running with this, Kate instead mooched around and goofed off and basically ran the office like an obnoxious startup geek who can't handle any kind of real power and control.

After all this time, it's clear that HM and Charles have lost patience and she's lost control. Now she has to do a regular rota of duties and she's not getting anything new until she proves time and time again that she's going to do her part. Instead of the obedient Rebecca, a new secretary has been brought into the ranks; not aristocratic, but someone who will not put up with any BS from Kate and will be there to enforce HM and Charles' wishes and see that order is maintained.

I believe that Kate and William have both done so much damage, that instead of being in more control at this age, they have been stripped of all control and are now at the mercy of their advisers in a way that was supposed to be anathema. Just think, WKH were going to break the control of the courtiers and instead they are not more entrenched than ever (which is not a bad thing really).

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #212 on: July 31, 2017, 10:45:22 pm »

Oh, well, Wills had his chance at putting his own stamp on things and he made a mess that effects Charles and the queen directly. Something had to be done. It's just a shame that it wasn't done sooner. I'm sure that no one wants to be bothered with hosting Wills and Waity as they're useless and lazy. I'm still smarting about Waity embarrassing herself and the royal family and the U.K. when she told the German chancellor that she doesn't speak German. She knew she was going on the trip so why didn't she prepare to say a few simple phrases in the language. Wills is to blame for dragging this disaster into the family knowing full well that she'd have to do public duties. He should shut up and listen to the experts and try and salvage something of his sagging image.
The first order of business should be the Midds getting the boot. No more living at royal residences and using the royal association to make money. It appears that things are already in motion regarding that as Pippa was left to fend for herself during Wimbledon where she sat in the cheap seats also known as the seats not in the royal box.  eating cookies 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 10:51:25 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #213 on: August 01, 2017, 01:57:37 am »

I do think that given the blow that the Windsors have suffered in their prestige and lack of allies, Kate is now feeling the consequences behind closed doors. Not just fashion, but other little things. She tried to design the livery of her servants, but that got pushed down; now the appointment of a new private secretary does say that she no longer will be allowed to do anything on her own terms. This new private secretary is likely cutthroat and ruthless enough to be able to put Kate in her place and I do believe that this purge of staff has been both voluntary, but also ordered by Charles. Without Philip HM is going to have it harder and I am certain that Charles has been seething; HM might condescend him, but with that family blood is everything and Charles is surely maddened that HM is being treated this way. Kate has gotten away with giving HM's wishes the middle finger and frankly I can't get over how Kate messed up HM's Diamond Jubilee year. Kate has flouted HM and gotten away with it and now that Philip clearly can't take anymore, HM is on her own and now Kate has lost all her autonomy.

I find it disconcerting that Kate is losing her independence at an age where most are coming fully into their own as set adults; Diana had more autonomy and now Kate is going to be ordered about by the very courtiers she viciously attacked for so many years. I do not think that she's going to get any of it back and now that she's being moved from Anmer to KP to do work, she won't be able to travel to see her family.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #214 on: August 01, 2017, 02:54:57 am »

My money's on her being a very well-paid mole for Charles.  That would be an interesting and challenging gig.  Nothing else makes sense.  She could do far better anywhere else with a fraction of the headaches.  She's seriously protected by C/C.  Smart move, Chuck.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #215 on: August 01, 2017, 03:04:03 am »

Yes.

Anything that comes from the secretary will be coming from Charles and Kate is going to start feeling in full the heat that Charles wanted to send her way the minute the engagement was announced. I am certain that Kate is going to be under orders from here on out; very pathetic in a grown woman.

Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #216 on: August 01, 2017, 03:26:00 am »

Watch her age another 20 years in the upcoming weeks. Ya blew it, Kate!

I haven't played since I stopped
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #217 on: August 01, 2017, 04:06:38 am »

Yes, most definitely appointed by Charles and Waity will feel the full sting of his wrath that she'll either act like an adult and work or quit the marriage and go crying to mummy. The comments on the DM are questioning why such an accomplished woman would want to work for such a vapid person like Waity, coming to the conclusion that she needs all the expert help she can get.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #218 on: August 01, 2017, 04:41:40 am »

Council Caro had better get packing, I think Charles will probably banish the Midds from staying at royal residences except for holidays.

I haven't played since I stopped
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #219 on: August 01, 2017, 05:03:52 am »

Yes, most definitely appointed by Charles and Waity will feel the full sting of his wrath that she'll either act like an adult and work or quit the marriage and go crying to mummy. The comments on the DM are questioning why such an accomplished woman would want to work for such a vapid person like Waity, coming to the conclusion that she needs all the expert help she can get.

Amazing how Kate was lauded as the refreshing alternative to the 'vapid' society women, but go figure, now the public views Kate as utterly worthless and I do believe that it's a jarring irony. If she quits her marriage, her mother will not let her come back; Carole is still relying on her titled daughter to bring a bride for James and replenish the family coffers all the more.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: