Royal Gossip
March 24, 2019, 03:39:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Evolution of W&K  (Read 6192 times)
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2019, 03:51:29 pm »

^^^ Ed and Soph bankrupted their businesses and lost their investors a lot of money!!   easter-bunny    Yes, Sophie has worked and she does do her duties, but she wouldn't have looked twice at Ed if he hadn't been the queen's son.  She loves her perks.

^^ I don't see any of that at all.  I think both Will and Kate seem to be coming into their own.  Time will tell, yes, but they both seem more confident/comfortable.   
sandy
Princess

« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2019, 03:59:58 pm »

Edward and Sophie had more leeway, since no chance were they going to be King and Queen Consort. the businesses did fail and it all worked out since they moved on to full time royal duties.

I don't think Kate would have put up with the humiliating treatment (breakup 2007) if he had been merely William Smith of London. Or much less waited all those years. He was turned down by other women so he finally settled for her.

I see the same old same old. Neither seem to have grown much -- they did produce another royal baby last year. But I see now growth in her work ethic and he appears to resent having to be out there working. No individual growth by either one is evident. She still seems to want to avoid work.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2019, 04:09:51 pm »

I mentioned that WK are currently trying to recapture that old magic that they used to have and I think that is it. I think WK are still unable to process the fact that their free ride through life ended a long time ago and they're trying to find it again. As if somehow things will be carefree and easy again, but they won't. For a brief time things were carefree and simple, but neither laid any groundwork for when the free ride would end.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2019, 04:41:36 pm »

Personally, I think there's zero good about any person living off of the money of a country's taxpayers all the while only being seen in small doses. It's not palatable and it's less palatable than their being seen all the time. For the money, you can at least be seen and pretend to give a f%ck.

Be seen for what? Fashion? Circus?
Give a F about what? Perhaps if they gave a F about people who actually keep the modern world moving and functioning, maybe that would mean something - even though I am not sure what giving a F would have to consist of. How about pushing for policies where such people would not be taxed to the bone?  

That being said, they are constantly involved with largely frivolous or inconsequential charities that do virtue signaling about some kind of "underprivileged" category- which categories never do anything to help themselves, let alone contribute to the world.

I would like to see more fuss being made about the intelligent, the able and the genetically endowed who literally make this world a more livable place for all of us.
The world will never be able to pay them enough, least of all with the salaries they are being paid and the infernal schedules and pressures they face in their professions or occupations - after which they are taxed to death  because their salaries or wages are on the "higher side".  

Their whole "charity" thing looks so lame and contrived I would prefer to see less of it.

I don't see any of these engagements as any type of work. However, there's nothing to stop any of them actually getting involved with a charity or organization in a serious depth (aka go in to work with these people at least 4 business days a week out of the five and play an active role), so as to help someone in some capacity, and I would give credit for that and consider it work.

Fair enough. But it's never gonna happen. This would start to feel too much like work and humans, as a rule, don't like to work.

They may like to have occupations that feel like hobbies, fun, glamour or status-enhancing trips - but not actual work. As in toil.
They do work when they are bent on increasing their wealth, status or socialization opportunities.  
By virtue of their position, the royals have an enviable ability to avoid REAL work, which nobody likes to do if they can help it.
They already have money, the height of status and plenty of socialization opportunities. Why do work?

Again, there are EXTREMELY few people in this world who would continue to do tedious, rigorous, schedule-based work if they already had all of those resources to the max (tons of money, status and socialization opportunities - to see and be seen).  

To be in a place where you have a platform to be able to help someone in a big way and in a tangible way, even if it doesn't seem so big to you, is still important and meaningful and wins out regardless. I wish they'd all do that and I don't care if that's not what was expected of them in the past or it's not written down in some rule book.

I understand.
What exactly can these royals do to help someone in a big and tangible way - other than give away money, which they don't do.
 For example, you can help someone in a big and tangible way by coming up with ...say, the vaccine for chicken pox. That's YUGE - to quote my president.

But what you mentioned is still a form of status-seeking behavior. It's virtue signaling.
 Look, I am a wonderful person because I help the "needy". How?
If you feel you can and want to help a needy person, go ahead -  but you should do it without fanfare. See Bible. Left hand should not see what right hands does, let alone the public and the cameras while you grin at them.  

These royals could help various underprivileged (and hopefulu deserving) people quietly, pulling strings of power discreetly.
But they need charity as self-serving PR.

Besides, humanity is yet to find a force in the world, be it monarchy, charity, government, or whatever - that can eliminate poverty, inequality, under-privilege and neediness.

So this showing up to "help someone in a big way" would still be largely self-serving for them.

Public charity has always been a form of self-serving virtue signaling for those at the very top of the social hierarchy.    

Of course, the only thing holding them back is that they don't want to. It's quite pathetic and it shows aimlessness.

They don't want to, indeed. Nobody in their position would want to show up at work 4 days a week.

The fact of the matter is that they are living off of the taxpayer. In a case like this it doesn't matter if it is just a front. It's better to be seen and seen a lot rather than not being seen. Not being seen is a bigger slap in the face because then they're not even pretending to play an important role that is being funded by said taxpayers. You can call it a fashion show or whatever you want but it is what it is.

I do think I was clear in my post that I want them to be meaningfully involved in the day to day operations of a charity or organization - I don't consider showing up to view someone else's hard work as being involved in charity - but that it's not lost on me that they just don't want to.

As far as everything else you stated, it surely is and will always be lost on someone like me who does not think that anyone has to find the cure for a terrible disease to make a big difference nor cares that humanity is yet to find a force that can eliminate poverty, inequality, etc. as a valid excuse to do nothing, and I think virtue signaling doesn't come into play when someone is actually doing as I said and being involved in the day to day workings of the charity or organization. Certainly not as much. It may not be the cure for cancer but I do know that in many countries plenty of children from low income backgrounds have been greatly helped by after school programs and extracurricular activities that not only would they have not had access to on their parents budget but would've surely fallen into a great deal of trouble had they not had the opportunity (e.g. gangs, loneliness, waywardness, pregnancy, etc). I consider that something tangible and impacting people in a big way. It doesn't have to be that specifically but there are things like that these people can involve theirselves in making happen or getting involved with on a day to day basis that go a long way in helping people.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #164 on: January 10, 2019, 12:50:04 am »

So many sugars now are acting like Kate's birthday is a national holiday and nothing must distract the populace from it. Is this Mum's doing?
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2019, 04:55:07 am »

^ Nah. Just sycophants on duty.

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
Val
Princess

« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2019, 09:45:57 am »

^

More often paid ones too.  Ma allegedly pays one/several of those computer companies which can generate hundreds of instant ‘isn’t she wonderful/beautiful’ comments at a press of a button.

It’s always possible to see when the DM have been reported to IPSO as they start letting the more negative and scathing comments through for a while.
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2019, 02:26:15 pm »

^ That is very possible. At the same time, the average human's capacity for servility, fawning and obsequiesnessis cannot be overestimated.
I don't even think Ma Midds would need generated fawning articles. It comes naturally to most humans.

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
michelle0187
courtier

« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2019, 09:46:46 pm »

^^^ Ed and Soph bankrupted their businesses and lost their investors a lot of money!!   easter-bunny    Yes, Sophie has worked and she does do her duties, but she wouldn't have looked twice at Ed if he hadn't been the queen's son.  She loves her perks.

^^ I don't see any of that at all.  I think both Will and Kate seem to be coming into their own.  Time will tell, yes, but they both seem more confident/comfortable.   

Couldn't agree more
LadySnowWhite
gossip insider

« Reply #169 on: March 08, 2019, 10:39:06 am »

In response to the convo brewing in the Engagements thread:

I do think Kate has appeared more confident and happier on engagements lately. She might feel her family is complete, and I also think she is reaping the benefits of having a less-than-favourable (to others) sister-in-law to take the heat off her.  I think anyone's self-esteem would inevitably rise if in the same situation.  
The difference, I think, is that Kate relishes in it. Although I think she has softened a little with age and experience, I really do think that at her core, Kate is a "mean girl".
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 10:40:55 am by LadySnowWhite » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #170 on: March 08, 2019, 01:50:30 pm »

I think that Meghan has not changed perceptions of Kate for the better for everyone. The overpraise of Kate sounds so fake and on the DM sugar comments it goes Oh Kate is so classy what a pity she has such a sister in law. So its fake praise in that it includes barbs directed at Meghan.

Kate seems the same to me, she does the same mugging the open mouthed laughing.

Kate came from commoner roots and she I think is more snobbish than some of the born in royals. My take on her.  She had to see off "threats" to her relationship with William and while she and William were dating would give death stares to other women he was seen with.

Kate I don't think likes work much and one negative perhaps from Meghan to her is that she can't afford to sit back and let her sister in law get higher work numbers.
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #171 on: March 09, 2019, 02:16:30 pm »

^I agree, lately she has been made into some saint. She's cut of the same cloth and hasn't changed from anything - still the same lazy, arrogant, low-class and gauche-climbing stick-insect married to the same arrogant, sly, lazy and petulant boor. They have earned nothing on their own. Nothing. No merit or care for anybody, these two - but gosh forbid somebody takes away their privileges.

A lot of the praise comes from astroturfers, etc, who repeat the same standard refrains, etc. It's beyond funny in a way. You get this high praise of Wasty and there she is photographed with her vacant and/or deranged glares looking like she has not a care for anybody or anything.  eating cookies
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: