Royal Gossip
October 16, 2018, 03:16:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Polo Season 2018 (William & Harry)  (Read 4593 times)
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2018, 08:44:04 pm »

^She's merchandising the fall collection. That's why it's denim not cotton or silk or anything else material-wise or color-wise appropriate for the summer.
LadySnowWhite
royal watcher

« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2018, 09:48:11 pm »

I like the outfit. Navy looks good on just about any skin tone.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2018, 10:54:05 pm »

Meghan does not hold back with kiss for Prince Harry after surprising him at polo match
Meghan looked stylish in an outfit by Carolina Herrera as she arrived unannounced at the Sentebale Polo Cup, which raises funds for children and teenagers in Lesotho and Botswana who have been affected by HIV and Aids.
The polo match in Berkshire is an annual fundraiser for the charity, and Meghan was joined in the stands by former England rugby star Mike Tindall, who is married to Princess Anne's daughter Zara.
Also in attendance was Sentable chief executive Cathy Ferrier and chairman Johnny Hornby, as well as Mark Dyer, who is a friend and former mentor of the Duke of Sussex.
https://news.sky.com/story/pucker-up-meghan-surprises-harry-at-the-polo-11449882
 eating cookies
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 10:58:05 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2018, 11:33:56 pm »

^Awkward group photo of the kiss while Nacho is just hanging out there with the trophy and the rest looking on.  Again, very, very, very unprofessional.

I don't quite understand the article, tho.  Did she just show up?  She must've been invited?  Kind of an odd choice of words, "unannounced".  Was the crowd expecting trumpets or what?

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2018, 01:37:28 am »

Maybe "unannounced" is PR speak for "much to the chagrin of..."

I haven't played since I stopped
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2018, 03:12:01 am »

She acts like a child with no manners, but a woman who is almost 40 and has been around the block more than a dozen times.
LadySnowWhite
royal watcher

« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2018, 03:40:22 am »

Why would anyone announce her showing up to the polo? Was it a work engagement?
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2018, 09:27:34 am »

Maybe - sometimes playing polo is in the CC for William and/or Harry and sometimes it isn't. As this was an event for Sentabele it may very well have been an official engagement for Harry even if not for Meghan.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2018, 09:56:03 am »

She is a total embarrassment. She clearly wasn't invited or expected to be there. I love how self proclaimed 'I'm going to change the world' feminist Meghan has been relegated to the life of a clothes horse watching her husband play polo. Although I suspect that's what she wanted all along. She used social justice to raise her profile and snag Harry because that's what was fashionable.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2018, 12:18:11 am »

^Spot on!

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2018, 01:21:56 am »

Why would anyone announce her showing up to the polo? Was it a work engagement?

I can now confirm that this was an official engagement for both Harry and Meghan. The CC records it like this: The Duke of Sussex, Patron, Sentebale, accompanied by The Duchess of Sussex, today played in a charity polo match at the Royal County of Berkshire Polo Club, North Street, Winkfield, Berkshire.

That would suggest to me that they knew she was going to be there as security for the event would have to take into account the attendance of both of them. Her RPOs would have had to inform their superiors days, if not weeks, in advance that they would be at the polo protecting her while Harry's would do the same.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2018, 02:03:20 am »

^That was posted after the event.  Was it on the CC before?

Fly???

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2018, 02:23:46 am »

The CC is the record of what has happened. The CC is prepared days in advance - which is why, in 2012, William is recorded as attending an event he had to cancel at the last moment when Kate was admitted to hospital when they announced George was on his way - so it can be released to the press in time for the print media to have it for the first editions which can be available before midnight on the day of the event. The CC is often signed off my HM in the morning of the events, and even the day before, so that it is ready for the media.

The Future Engagements is the list of upcoming events but ... the Wales branch of the family are notorious for not announcing engagements in advance for a whole lot of reasons. That Harry was going to the polo was definitely known as it is his charity event but it would have been unusual to expect his new wife to not accompany him. Security would have to have checked things out for them both to be there days, if not weeks in advance. Security also controls at times announcements about who will be in attendance.

There is on reason to think that Meghan wasn't expected to attend as it is the normal procedure for the wives to accompany their husbands to the polo - the Queen would accompany Philip, Diana went with Charles and Kate has been there with William.

The fact that Meghan presented the cup would indicate she was expected. They wouldn't just decide at the time who would present the trophy. That would have been decided ages ago and no one has come forward and said 'I was supposed to present the trophy but was told just before the presentation that Meghan was going to do it because she suddenly turned up'.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 02:31:50 am by meememe » Logged
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2018, 04:03:18 am »

^Yeah what meememe said

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2018, 04:52:03 am »

^Ok.  Thanks!

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2018, 05:41:09 pm »

I don't think Megs was expected at the match. Even The Mirror says it was a "surprise" appearance.  Harry looks underwhelmed by her presence..and look closely at the very fast peck....Harry hits the side of her mouth....
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2018, 06:46:30 pm »

^There is something off about the wordage in the media.  Why not just say Harry and Meghan attended the polo charity event?  .  "Unexpected".  "Surprise appearance" is queer. 

And then, in a rare moment of top notch organization, the event gets into the CC.   Soooo, I'm going with my theory that, yes, she had agreed to go so all security was in place but thy had a blowup, he was shown the door and Harry, being stupid, told the media (?) she wouldn't be coming today.

Then, she got over whatever and showed up after all!  Yay!  Let's make up in public all over the place.  Drama is so them!!

deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2018, 07:08:05 pm »

^ Yep sounds about right.

Barnabe et Kitty...
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2018, 07:39:02 pm »

He sure likes his drama^^ her being an actress kick it up a notch its like a telenovela in NC or where ever they are.

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2018, 09:58:02 pm »

So much for the royal family being a beacon of stability and continuity.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: