Royal Gossip
July 20, 2017, 11:38:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heads Together Campaign  (Read 35511 times)
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #540 on: April 23, 2017, 01:20:42 am »

How the emotional outpourings of the two 'self-absorbed' young Princes over the death of Diana have left the father who brought them up on his own ‘perplexed’ – as he’s ‘airbrushed out of the narrative’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4436188/How-Prince-Charles-perplexed-sons.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #541 on: April 23, 2017, 02:24:23 am »

DId Charles indicate to the DM he was perplexed? Jobson is a sympathizer and writer for Charles so maybe Charles confided in him? He did not bring up the children on his own, since Diana lived until 1997 and did indeed have time to bring up the boys. And it's not always all about Charles.  The topic was the effect of Diana's death on William and Harry.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #542 on: April 23, 2017, 02:47:35 am »

^^Looks like Clarence House media reps have been on the phone to the DM. He's feeling overshadowed, again, by his ex wife and his sons. What's more, there are at least two mis truths in that article.

Charles certainly was not at St James/Highgrove every day the Princes were home from school. If he was home and not on Royal engagements or private business when his sons were away from Ludgove/Eton after Diana died, why did he need Tiggy then Mark Dyer there to mentor his boys? He himself is believed to have expressed regret that he wasn't there enough when Harry got into trouble over pot at Highgrove at 16.

If he was at home supervising his sons he would have known about the pot himself without being told. What's more, the lie that he immediately got Harry into rehab (for one day) was proved false later when his spin doctor Mark Bolland was forced to admit that the day's  visit (to another facility altogether) had been months before.

Both William and Harry and other members of the BRF were very upset at Charles using Bolland to spin tales making Charles look good and the rest of them bad. The Queen had to step in and order him sacked in the end. It looks as if it's still going on though!

Charles probably did try to comfort his sons after their mother's tragic demise. However, his main aim in the years following Diana's death was the rehabilitation of his own reputation and Camilla's, whom he wanted as his wife. Self-absorbed? Yes Charles, you are, so pot calling kettle black!
Snowpea
Countess

« Reply #543 on: April 23, 2017, 03:57:27 am »

Why is Charles always the bad guy and Diana the perfect saint? I think we are getting off topic here so will leave that as that. More worried about the continuous games from a certain pair...

Personally, it strikes me as VERY self-serving for all of them to play their phony games using some mental health initiative as an excuse.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #544 on: April 23, 2017, 12:21:25 pm »

^^Looks like Clarence House media reps have been on the phone to the DM. He's feeling overshadowed, again, by his ex wife and his sons. What's more, there are at least two mis truths in that article.

Charles certainly was not at St James/Highgrove every day the Princes were home from school. If he was home and not on Royal engagements or private business when his sons were away from Ludgove/Eton after Diana died, why did he need Tiggy then Mark Dyer there to mentor his boys? He himself is believed to have expressed regret that he wasn't there enough when Harry got into trouble over pot at Highgrove at 16.

If he was at home supervising his sons he would have known about the pot himself without being told. What's more, the lie that he immediately got Harry into rehab (for one day) was proved false later when his spin doctor Mark Bolland was forced to admit that the day's  visit (to another facility altogether) had been months before.

Both William and Harry and other members of the BRF were very upset at Charles using Bolland to spin tales making Charles look good and the rest of them bad. The Queen had to step in and order him sacked in the end. It looks as if it's still going on though!

Charles probably did try to comfort his sons after their mother's tragic demise. However, his main aim in the years following Diana's death was the rehabilitation of his own reputation and Camilla's, whom he wanted as his wife. Self-absorbed? Yes Charles, you are, so pot calling kettle black!

I agree. The worst thing Charles did was condoning the trashing of his late ex wife and mother of his children. The Mountbatten sisters bash Diana whenever they can and Charles certainly could have had a quiet word with them about not doing that. Bedell Smith went to Charles' friends and to C and C themselves for "research" and turned out a poison pen book about Diana and raised Camilla to sainthood. Criticism is one thing but doing a hatchet job to please the Prince of Wales is another matter.

That shows extreme selfishness and self absorption on Charles part IMO.

Charles should have spent years putting his sons first after Diana died. There was no rush for him to marry Camilla. It just showed his mindset.
Snowpea
Countess

« Reply #545 on: April 23, 2017, 01:09:18 pm »

How the emotional outpourings of the two 'self-absorbed' young Princes over the death of Diana have left the father who brought them up on his own ‘perplexed’ – as he’s ‘airbrushed out of the narrative’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4436188/How-Prince-Charles-perplexed-sons.html

He has indulged them big time and it is pretty insulting what they are doing as a parent. I think if the smug Middletons, Willy, Wasty and now Harry push back too hard, they are going to be very surprised.
If anything they haven't been respecting Diana's memory, not Charles. Think their PR team is wrong to start messing with Charles.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #546 on: April 23, 2017, 01:38:41 pm »

If Charles had not been so bashed so much on a regular basis, I would understand, but Charles has been turned into everyone's favorite punching bag. WHY the idiots are bashing Charles right now is beyond me.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #547 on: April 23, 2017, 02:38:54 pm »

CHarles has his PR and books about him--all favorable. Charles own actions caused him to be criticized. If Charles indicated his "displeasure" to Jobson, he is just shooting himself in the foot. I think Diana is the one used for target practice by Charles' minions. Maybe t his talk about Diana by the boys is to try to counter the nasty book by Bedell Smith.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #548 on: April 23, 2017, 02:50:37 pm »

Lady Gaga dubbed Princess Diana 'just another dead blonde' among lyrics about eating disorders and suicide in shock track... as she meets with Prince William for mental health campaign
Resurgence of the 31-year-old singer's shock wording on the song comes just days after she hit headlines for communicating with Prince William via FaceTime to discuss the Heads Together campaign to raise awareness about mental health.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4436834/Lady-Gaga-dubbed-Princess-Diana-dead-blonde.html#ixzz4f51Yt57b
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

A hug from Harry! The prince embraces London marathon runners as he, William and Kate join crowds of supporters to cheer from the sidelines (and his sister-in-law gets a squeeze too)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4437164/Prince-Harry-hugs-London-marathon-runners.html#ixzz4f51wq4pu

One is not amused! Kate Middleton is less than impressed when a cheeky London marathon runner sprays water at her and Prince William

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4436912/London-marathon-security.html#ixzz4f52GXYsT

Keep Calm and Carry On
Val
Duchess

« Reply #549 on: April 23, 2017, 11:04:30 pm »

By the comments everywhere everyone is heartily sick of the pampered trio splashed all over the papers, Internet and Tv.  They haven't earned their privileges and wealth and so many comments about their insincerity etc etc.  Must be off on a vacation now, same old obvious MO.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #550 on: April 23, 2017, 11:43:46 pm »

William gets weird expressions on his face--mugging and wincing for the camera.
Snowpea
Countess

« Reply #551 on: April 24, 2017, 01:25:07 am »

Lady Gaga dubbed Princess Diana 'just another dead blonde' among lyrics about eating disorders and suicide in shock track... as she meets with Prince William for mental health campaign
Resurgence of the 31-year-old singer's shock wording on the song comes just days after she hit headlines for communicating with Prince William via FaceTime to discuss the Heads Together campaign to raise awareness about mental health.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4436834/Lady-Gaga-dubbed-Princess-Diana-dead-blonde.html#ixzz4f51Yt57b

A hug from Harry! The prince embraces London marathon runners as he, William and Kate join crowds of supporters to cheer from the sidelines (and his sister-in-law gets a squeeze too)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4437164/Prince-Harry-hugs-London-marathon-runners.html#ixzz4f51wq4pu

One is not amused! Kate Middleton is less than impressed when a cheeky London marathon runner sprays water at her and Prince William

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4436912/London-marathon-security.html#ixzz4f52GXYsT

My, Willy, just think a beloved celebrity said this about your own mother? Did Daddy Charles say this about your mother? And look who gets the privileged treatment?
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #552 on: April 24, 2017, 02:36:26 am »

The businesswoman taking on Wills and Kate in fight over Heads Together: Company chief whose firm has the same name says she will not let the royals 'hijack' it
Through their charity, The Royal Foundation, the trio are trying to register the name Heads Together as a trademark — but they failed to reckon with the determination of a businesswoman from Northern Ireland.

Joanne Kane set up a human resources consultancy called Heads Together ten years ago, and she is not prepared to let the young royals ‘hijack’ her name.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4438650/Businesswoman-taking-Wills-Kate-Heads-Together.html
This is unreal. Why wasn't a trademark done prior to the campaign? I don't think that this was ever intended to be a longtime campaign.
I think that Harry might've been talking about Wills being on the edge of a breakdown and full of anger and bottled up feelings  and Harry talkied him into getting help. He's been to meetings with the men whose living miserably organization a while back during one of his engagements. Maybe this Heads Together campaign was a way for him to get help from experts. eating cookies
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 02:42:49 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #553 on: April 24, 2017, 04:56:20 am »

ya know - Diana trashed Charles too - shared sins here.

So registering it as a trademark suggests they are going to continue the campaign - I do not think they should drop it - it should be sustained but I hope it is not their primary focus. 

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #554 on: April 24, 2017, 07:09:56 am »

I thought the idea with the Foundation was to chose a few issues and work on them for four or five years and then pass them to other while they move to another focus issue rather than take on a cause and stick with it forever as has been the case with past royals. They three of them want to do things differently - big splash on a cause and then move onto another cause while letting the first one sink or swim after they have done what they can to get things going.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #555 on: April 24, 2017, 11:08:56 am »

ya know - Diana trashed Charles too - shared sins here.

So registering it as a trademark suggests they are going to continue the campaign - I do not think they should drop it - it should be sustained but I hope it is not their primary focus. 

Charles pals trashed Diana pre Morton.

Diana is dead now and can't defend herself. Charles has wall to wall PR people plus biographers who want to impress him by using his dead ex wife as target practice.

Diana stayed in the marriage for 10 years pre Morton.

Again, it's one thing to be critical another to do a hatchet job. Bedell Smith and Junor have done major hatchet jobs on Diana and they are pals of Charles and Camilla.

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #556 on: April 24, 2017, 11:42:56 am »

Interesting, they were due to finsih up this HT thing post the marathon, now they are keeping it o.  Wonder if granny gave them a huge kick up the butt and gave a three line whip they had to continue it.  Who knows.  Could explain why they never tried to register it.  Also, it is just a name for 8 charities, hence Heads Together, so possibly just a term for lumping them all together and now they want to register it. Tough luck, the name already taken and I would now bow down to them to change my own name for their sake.

Sun, Apr 23, 2017
By CAMILLA TOMINEY
ROYAL EDITOR

WILLIAM, Kate and Harry have been so ''overwhelmed'' by the response to their bid to improve mental health they have pledged to continue their campaign beyond today’s London Marathon.

The royals originally planned for the Heads Together initiative to culminate in the ''marathon for mental health''.

A Kensington Palace spokesman said: ''The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry have been absolutely blown away by the response this week.''

...The royals now plan to ''continue the conversation'' on mental health by championing the voluntary sector.

Almost GBP10million is believed to have been raised by The Royal Foundation and Heads Together, which will be ploughed back into digital initiatives to help people with mental health problems, better training for counsellors and more research into depression and other conditions.

Ref: Sunday Express UK online
Val
Duchess

« Reply #557 on: April 24, 2017, 02:15:39 pm »

They are living in cloud cuckoo land as the response to their obvious hypocrisy is scathing.  The public see through this damage limitation and are heartily sick of this priviledged trio trying to be something they at not ie genuinely compassionate.  They are all desperately trying to be popular and liked and even the once extremely popular Harry has lost it.  Comments everywhere that this is the usual pre vacation MO too.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #558 on: April 24, 2017, 02:58:36 pm »

Doesn´t want to touch the great unwashed does she.  Seen several versions of this photo and she is hands off on every one

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/04/23/15/3F869FF100000578-4436912-image-a-84_1492958553808.jpg

That trio are vile, they are so false and truly could not care about anyone other than themselves.  The news and rags made it all about heads together, the other charities, like cancer research were left out this year. There are many, many charities need financial support, worthy charities that have been working hard for many years on really good causes, and I am sure they have done well this year, and worked hard at getting support, but nope, all they could blether on about were the ugly inside and out trio. That is grossly unfair and uncalled for, the marathon is for many charities and they should all have had a piece of the cake from the media, all of them.  Pretty sure they all did as well as the heads together team as well, if not better.  Once again the curse of doom follows them, we are all right Jack, we don´t care about the others, taking all the limelight for themselves.  Just when I think they can´t disgust me even more, they go lower and lower.  Many others not impressed with them either.  The sheer gall of it is that they really think the great unwashed can´t see through them.  News for you all  -  oh yes, us great unwashed see right through you and beyond, and what we see is not pretty at all, just more and more rot setting in and more and more ridiculous pr from juggers.

She looks highly "medicated" in this one.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/04/23/11/3F84528800000578-4436912-image-a-156_1492942196744.jpg
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 03:05:00 pm by gingerboy24 » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #559 on: April 24, 2017, 04:04:41 pm »

william always looks like he's uninvolved but makes some goofy faces.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: