Royal Gossip
July 27, 2017, 01:46:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana's Staff  (Read 8232 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« on: April 20, 2016, 08:16:16 pm »

I thought I would start a thread where we could chat and post articles about Diana's staff and how she interacted with them.

'You take care of the fat, I'll take care of the carbs!' Former royal chef reveals Princess Diana's diet consisted of poached chicken, stuffed peppers and NO red meat

Royal chef Darren O'Grady cooked for Princess Diana for four years
The royal avoided fatty food and only ate red meat on special occasions
But she was keen not to influence the young princes, Darren recalls

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3549861/Former-royal-chef-Darren-O-Grady-reveals-Princess-Diana-ate-didn-t.html#ixzz46ObZ5I78

Another leak; I really think the BRF need to rethink their hiring policies.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 09:16:59 am »

I think leaks will always happen, it is just pre-internet days we never got to hear of most of it.  People like this guy would probably mouth off to his friends, but it could go no further as there was no social media to spread it around and the press would, in those days, not have bothered with such a trivial piece of gossip.  She is dead and gone, a long time ago now, why do we need to know what she ate, it is totally irrelevant, always was, but with her no longer here even more so.  Anything for two minutes of fame, whether it makes him look a fool or not.
FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 03:16:10 pm »

Darren trots out recipes & so-called secrets whenever there's a big royal occasion; People Magazine especially likes him
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 08:47:08 am »

Darren is a nice man.  He is very loyal to Diana.  Unlike Burrell.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 10:33:02 am »

Diana didn't ask her staff to sign confidentiality agreements which is why they are able to trot out these stories every so often.

At different times the royals have tightened the confidentiality agreements but it is up to the individual royal as to how tight they wish to have them and some of the older staff don't have them as tough as they are today.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 03:14:00 pm »

Diana was naive not to require staff to sign agreements or at least have her royal household equivalent of Chief of Staff issue one each time a new staff member was hired. Frankly that was negligence on her part and it's no wonder so many of them drop every story they can think up.

Copper who became one of the Royal Family: After Prince Harry said he wished he'd talked more about his mother, the man who was by their side shares the most intimate portrait ever of Diana and her sons

*Ken Wharfe, Princess Diana's bodyguard, reveals an insight into the royals
    *The inspector guarded youngsters Prince William and Harry and Diana
    *He said that the two princes would knock on his door and ask for a 'fight'
    *Mr Wharfe also wrote that young Harry was an exceptional shot with a gun

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3726247/Copper-one-Royal-Family-Prince-Harry-said-wished-d-talked-mother-man-shares-intimate-portrait-Diana-sons.html#ixzz4GYrYirAL

In all honesty, I don't know how or why, but staff these days seem to think they have some right to be on intimate terms with their employers. It's actually something that is pervading al workplaces, staff want to tell their employers how to run the business and want to give input they are not qualified to give.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 03:32:50 pm »

Once, I teasingly corrected William's pronunciation, when he said 'ite' instead of 'out': he has that slightly clipped, upper-class English accent which, to many people, can sound a little odd.
He insisted he was right, because his father always said the word that way.
As I was walking through Highgrove's sculpted grounds a few hours later, Charles approached me. 'I understand you have been giving William elocution lessons,' he said, his tone suggesting a reprimand without actually spelling it out.

Too bad Ken didn't contuine with those lessons

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 05:22:14 pm »

Diana was so wounded by the malicious lie that Harry was James Hewitt's son: Bodyguard Ken Wharfe tells how she launched her first affair in latest extract from his memoirs

As Princess Diana’s royal protection officer, Ken Wharfe became one of her closest confidants. In the third part of our serialisation of his updated memoirs, he tells how her marriage fell apart and she launched into her first affair...

Lying back on her sunbed in a bright orange bikini, running her fingers through her blonde hair, Princess Diana closed her eyes against the burning Majorcan sun and murmured: ‘Do you know, I really think it is time I spread my wings.’

Still new to the role of royal protection officer, I felt uncomfortable at the informality. To see us in close conversation at the magnificent palace complex overlooking the capital city, Palma, a bystander might have taken us for husband and wife, or at least former lovers.

After all, we often booked air tickets in the names of a married couple, travelling as Mr and Mrs Hargreaves.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3730557/Diana-wounded-malicious-lie-Harry-James-Hewitt-s-son-Bodyguard-Ken-Wharfe-tells-launched-affair-latest-extract-memoirs.html#ixzz4Gqw9cPjl
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 08:07:58 am »

It seems to me that the stuff have never endig stories. Poor Diana. She was so alone and she trusted them too much. 

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 09:07:44 am »

Too late for it to have too much impact.  And how do we know it is all true, and why wait so long to release it.  Personally, I think he has done himslef a disservice, who would trust him with any confidential now.  If he can rat on PD to make a quick buck after all these years then he is not a good person in my view. And what about the official secrets act form they have to sign.  Surely he should not be giving out personal information in Diana.  Another one like Burrell, the "trusted rock" who would keep her secrets to the grave.  Should be dead by now then with the amount he has put out about Diana.  Bit hard up, how can I rake in some cash.  I know, let me rake up a few things about Diana, the gullible public will lap it up. Tarnish her reputation a bit more  -  ah well, so what, she is long gone, I need the money. That is the attitude I see behind these vile people.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 04:33:59 pm »

I hear the term presumptuous and this definitely applies; I am sick of this Wharfe guy commenting on Diana and William and Harry at each and every single stinking documentary and frankly it sickens me. Diana made a huge mistake in trusting Burrell and it's the same with Wharfe. I will NEVER understand why staff are able to mouth off to their employers these days. Diana made a huge mistake in her egalitarian approach.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2016, 07:52:28 am »

Too late for it to have too much impact.  And how do we know it is all true, and why wait so long to release it.  Personally, I think he has done himslef a disservice, who would trust him with any confidential now.  If he can rat on PD to make a quick buck after all these years then he is not a good person in my view. And what about the official secrets act form they have to sign.  Surely he should not be giving out personal information in Diana.  Another one like Burrell, the "trusted rock" who would keep her secrets to the grave.  Should be dead by now then with the amount he has put out about Diana.  Bit hard up, how can I rake in some cash.  I know, let me rake up a few things about Diana, the gullible public will lap it up. Tarnish her reputation a bit more  -  ah well, so what, she is long gone, I need the money. That is the attitude I see behind these vile people.

Most, if not all, of Diana's staff were never asked to sign any form of confidentiality agreement. She trusted them.

Most of those who have signed them have done so since Diana died and the staff really started spilling the beans - of course there was Crawfie in the 1940s but even after that most employees weren't required to sign anything.

They were never asked to sign the 'Official Secrets Act'. That is a different situation altogether and relates to government employees whose work takes them into the nation's security and top level other dealings - not working for the royals.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2016, 08:03:30 am »

Diana's biggest flaw is that she trusted people who were paid to serve her, not actually care about her. It also blurred the lines between royal and servant and I think Charles is guilty of this too. When Tiggy mouthed off about Diana publicly, that was way out of line and not to be tolerated. I am disgusted at how the staff she trusted betrayed her in other ways, like bringing paying guests into her private rooms at the palaces as well.

I've seen all the evidence and the blame for Diana's death lies with her bodyguards: Man who protected Princess for six years says security should have stopped her getting into the Mercedes

As royal protection officer, Ken Wharfe knew how to keep Diana safe
He describes why her death in Paris need never have happened
'The night was oppressively hot,' he remembers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3734076/I-ve-seen-evidence-blame-Diana-s-death-lies-bodyguards-Man-protected-Princess-six-years-says-security-stopped-getting-Mercedes.html#ixzz4H0M7Cn4g

First, I don't think he has seen all the evidence or had access to the reports that are kept classified. Second, this dolt should stop making all sorts of statements. The minute that Diana's car crash, her goose was cooked and second, he never would have been able to work for her except in a private capacity and surely as a private security guard, he would not have the authority to overrule the princess's demands for more speed.

HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2016, 03:49:10 pm »

^ Agree with all you wrote. Out of all of his articles these past few days, this one is to me the most ridiculous. I admit I like those articles and to have a peek behind the scenes, but the last one just reeks of idiocy, to say the least. I don't need to write much more, you wrote the points out perfectly. And yes that Tiggy could speak the way she spoke about basically one of her employers and not face the consequences baffles, really.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2016, 05:14:40 pm »

I really do dislike how staff in the royal household seem to think they have some right to mouth off to and about their employers. I remember reading about how some staffers were disgruntled that the royals kept them at a distance and I remember commenting on here that they (staff) have no business expecting their employers to be their friends. It's the same with authors of the Nanny Diaries/Devil Wears Prada, they think their bosses should be their friends and that work shouldn't be just work, but fun as well. Staffers who work in royal households are there to work and pee poor wages aside, they are not there to work for a while and then sell their employers out. Tiggy NEVER should have mouthed off about Diana and Tiggy should have stayed out of it and ended up sheltering the boys from that mess instead of getting involved. As for Ken, he needs to GET OVER his time working for Diana and comprehend that he might have been part of the fun, but he was NEVER part of the family.

Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2016, 05:52:59 pm »

^ I agree with all of the above, but honestly, I am just sick of hearing about it all (as I imagine most people are). Ken Wharfe and others who are still trying to profit off her life/death should just let it go. Enough already. I didn't bother to read the articles that have been on the DM over the last few days, I just feel like it has all been hashed out enough..... stop
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2016, 06:03:30 pm »

^^ Very true. Also the only thing that should be the norm in any workplace is kindness, being close to your co-workers and boss is an entirely different thing. Keeping a distance is hardly horrible.
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 12:52:14 am »

'Harry would be a remarkable king. Sadly that won't happen': Diana's former protection officer offers brutally frank assessments of the princes he guarded

Ken Wharfe opens up on his experiences guarding the young princes
    He said Harry was 'more like his mother Princess Diana than William was'
    The former royal protection officer said Harry would be 'wonderful' king
    He added William should 'get rid of his bad attitude towards the media'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3735347/Harry-remarkable-king-Sadly-won-t-happen-week-Diana-s-former-protection-officer-revealing-riveting-insights-troubled-personal-life-goes-offering-brutally-frank-assessments-princes-guarded.html
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 07:16:29 am »

He should had spoken about it without that book. He may be right in this anyway.

Val
Duchess

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 07:42:45 am »

^^

I don't agree, Harry could well end up as King, a much more popular choice and due to events discussed on the Members threads it's not an impossibility.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: