Royal Gossip
October 21, 2018, 10:29:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: W and K will host President Obama this week  (Read 17007 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2016, 04:44:14 pm »

The Cambridges ‘hid’ the name of one of their paintings before the Obama visit
ou can see a close-up of the painting here. The painting is… not what I would choose for my sitting room? I mean, there are some amazing works of art in the Royal Collection, and the Cambridges chose that one for their sitting room and I can’t really understand why. As for the name of the painting… in my mind, “negro” isn’t the n-word, it’s just an outdated word, a historical relic of a bygone age. There’s a 1660-era context for the name of the painting, and I sort of think the Obamas would have understood completely. That being said, there would have been an awkward moment if Pres. Obama leaned it to read the plaque and was like, “Oh, that’s interesting, Michelle, come and look at this!”
http://www.celebitchy.com/482556/the_cambridges_hid_the_name_of_one_of_their_paintings_before_obama_visit

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2016, 05:15:29 pm »

That hideous and out of place lucite side table is more offensive, to me.

This whole business with the painting is beyond sophomoric.  What should've been done?  Once 'discovered' that it's there, keep your mouth shut and do/say nothing.  This kind of media on it makes it a far more damaging piece of business and insults the President and First Lady's priorities in life.  But, adding your kid in a bathrobe before dinner and then this only cements my belief that they do no planning, research, nor know how to host anybody of importance.

BTW, boring room.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2016, 06:06:17 pm »

I remember reading the reviews of the "Devil Wears Prada" and the main character Andi basically walked into Runway and looked down on the employees who dedicated themselves to working hard and basically made it clear that she was too good for the entire company and the way things are done. WK are the same, believing that they are better than the 'fusty' courtiers who actually want them to conform and do the nation proud. So instead of taking pride in their position and conforming and making something good of their position, instead they basically slack off and expect everything to fall into perfect place.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2016, 06:08:20 pm »

Well then, good on it......let them continue on like this and see what happens to them.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2016, 06:31:43 pm »

Like Obama can't put an antique piece of art into a historic context.
If they are so upset by this why is it the centerpiece in their room?
Closet racists. ick
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 06:35:09 pm by Stephanie » Logged
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #125 on: April 28, 2016, 05:50:39 am »

I wonder how often they're even home if that painting was there all this time and they had to rush to cover before the Obamas arrived.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2016, 05:55:42 am »

It's just more pointless drama surrounding those two.

kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2016, 07:41:34 am »

^^ I wonder how could they prepare for this visit then?

Val
Princess

« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2016, 07:48:53 am »

^

No preparation could have helped the hopeless and hapless duo.  Harry is used to prop them up all the time as TPTB are aware that they are always way out of their depths.
india
Princess

« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2016, 08:45:28 am »

Instead of covering up the nameplate why didn't they just take the painting down and replace it with another? It's not like they don't have plenty of paintings in KP. Oh, I forgot we are dealing with stupid here.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2016, 11:35:23 am »

. Oh, I forgot we are dealing with stupid here.

I think reading that rubbish book has affected you India  there
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2016, 07:38:37 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3567872/Obama-jokes-meeting-George-pyjamas-slap-face.html laugh laugh
Wimpo and Waity's desperate PR attempt ridiculed.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2016, 08:07:36 pm »

^ Nah.   It was O's babbling on about how he doesnt have the respect and attention now that he's a lame duck.   He -- being a narcissist -- is having big problems with ceding center stage.   

Thank goodness this was his last correspondents' dinner.    But he'll now wear out the talk show circuit.       bored3
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2016, 08:37:18 pm »

This was a kind of a slap in the face; irrespective of how dippy Obama is, this was an official visit and the kid should have been suited up and on his best behavior. They aren't supported by the public to be laid back about their appearance and manners and being hip. The position should be respected.

Bammie
royal watcher

« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2016, 09:19:36 pm »

This president (who happens to be enjoying historically high approval ratings here) is known for really enjoying small children. I am completely sure that the president and his wife did not mind meeting a very little boy in his "quaint" bathrobe. They are both intelligent enough not to take offense at the behavior of tiny children even if the parents are manipulating the child. And the layers of irony in Obama's reference to the moment in his remarks last night were hilarious.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2016, 09:44:08 pm »

Usually people will only say something, even jokingly, if it is the truth.  And yes, it was a slap in the face, the President of the United States, and he still is right now, does not expect to go to dinner and get introduced to a sprog in his pj´s  -  there is a time and a place for everything, and that was not it.  A lunch maybe, but not a dinner for visiting dignitaries, no way.  A pretty dumb thing to do IMO and should not have been allowed to happen.  Makes no difference whether he likes kids or not, he invited to a dinner, bad enough cath medd looked like the maid to start with, all she needed was a white pinny and a cap and she would have looked the part.
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2016, 09:45:51 pm »

This was a kind of a slap in the face; irrespective of how dippy Obama is, this was an official visit and the kid should have been suited up and on his best behavior. They aren't supported by the public to be laid back about their appearance and manners and being hip. The position should be respected.

He's certainly not dippy, he's very intelligent. I think he's on to the Middleton-Windsors just too diplomatic and classy to say anything about it. He's POTUS, he is privy to a lot of top-secret information.
Val
Princess

« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2016, 09:53:53 pm »

I heard the speech on the radio earlier and it was in be context that over the last few months Obama has noticed he gets less respect.  He then said that even George met him in his dressing gown.

Many a true word is spoken in jest.
LadyAva
gossip insider

« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2016, 10:30:58 pm »

Did anyone else notice how the "family pictures" on the side table look like photos you would find on a google search of waity and Wills. That's what I thought at least; I was actually excited to see what pictures they would choose to display in their "quaint" sitting room. You know maybe some new genuine family photos but nooooooo!

"If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."  Alice Roosevelt Longworth
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2016, 11:00:42 pm »

^this is part of William plan. He never gives an in to his personal life if he can. I also theorise that this is why Kate photos for  Vogue are done in the outside (though here we haven't seen all the photos).

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: