Royal Gossip
May 27, 2017, 09:04:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm back! lol  (Read 987 times)
CathyJane
Duchess

« on: April 16, 2016, 08:14:56 pm »

Sorry I hadn't been around much. Long story short (I hope easter-lol), my mother fell Feb 11, we took her to the hospital, she stayed 6 days, she was transfered to a nursing home for rehab. Two days after she got there, they had her so doped up on oxycodine that she couldn't even sit up. We'd been working on getting her medicaid so we could get here out and closer to us; it was a 60 mile drive one way. March 31, the nursing home called and said she was having a seizure and sent her to an out of state hospital. Before my sister and I could get, there the hospital called and said she had a large blood clot from her knee to her ankle, her leg was ice cold and hard, she had an UTI and was dehydrated to t he point her skin was clammy. Nursing home said nothing of this. Mom died April 5. There was nothing to the doctors could do. She was 88 and very weak.

So we are talking to a lawyer and trying to get her medical records from the nursing home.

Thanks for listening and it's good to be back dishing!! I had no idea how much I missed all the gossip! easter-lol
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 02:29:05 pm »

I'm sorry for your loss, CJ, and welcome back!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 03:17:10 pm »

My sincere condolences and also sorry to hear about all the nursing home issues but am awfully glad to see you!!   hello

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 03:50:56 am »

Thanks ladies! Some days are better than others but I know my mother is at peace and reunited with my dad.
Val
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 06:57:41 am »

Welcome back CathyJane, you have been missed.

I had an almost identical situation with my own mother and her nursing home in 2008 and offer my sincere condolences at this very sad time.
One of the Peasants
Countess

Neighhhhhh, this recipce needs oatssssss

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 05:59:38 pm »

Val,

Sorry for your loss sister.  Look forward to your posts.   sorry
marion
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 10:30:50 pm »

CathyJane - Welcome back - I am looking forward to your posts again.. I'm sorry to hear about your  mother and sympathise with your situation.  Take it one day at a time.
Val
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 10:33:17 pm »

^^
OOTP

Thank you.  Always enjoy your posts too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: