Royal Gossip
October 21, 2018, 10:28:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Tour India & Bhutan 2016 (10 - 16 April)  (Read 70021 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #480 on: April 18, 2016, 09:24:20 pm »

this is his latest http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3542791/RICHARD-KAY-Kate-recreate-Taj-Mahal-photo-today-Wills-hopes-lay-Diana-s-misery-rest.html

I think that how they treated the press in this trip only made things worse. If we think they are entitled imagine when you get to know them.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mememe
Baroness

Artist Credit: www.murielbarclay.co.uk

« Reply #481 on: April 18, 2016, 11:52:49 pm »

Yooper;

I just love your idea of the rose on the bench....says so much more and is really fitting to the occasion. Much more respectful way to acknowledge Diana I think. Just a single rose sitting there could say so much!
But no, this is the Will and Kate show, it must be about them showing up Diana by displaying how much more in love they are  easter-lol   as if it could fool anyone. And I think the picture is just tacky tacky tacky, like their love.

I see it differently.  I see the placing a rose as a selfish action.  The Taj Mahal is just one of hundreds of locations Diana visited In Her lifetime. The TM didn't play any significant part in her life, C&D life, their families life.  It's somewhere she had her picture taken, plain and simply.  The significance we (the rest of the world) put on it is what has made it more important to what it was.  She was a sad lady sitting on a bench at a public monument. If William wants to honour her, he should follow Diana's lead not her exact footsteps!!
Diana brought the boys out to hospitals etc when they were young so they would learn to be caring individuals.  Unfortunately, the result she hoped for has not happened.  

But that's just my opinion....and.....what is with this article I found on the kAte clothing topic:

"It is so important because that’s where Princess Di sat, right?" the designer said backstage after his multi-culturally inspired runway show. "And her son is there — sitting on that same chair with his bride. That is a historical moment."

This sounds like that like in the movie Ever After when Leonardo DaVinci says "I'll go down in history as the man who opened a door."  It's a great line and clearly expressed how he feels about the other character putting too much emphasis on being able to open a door.

What exactly is so historical about someone sitting on a bench?  How has this changed history?

I'm really at a loss, can you tell!! Lol!!

Source:  http://fashionista.com/2016/04/kate-middleton-naeem-khan-dress
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0120631/quotes?qt=qt0465026

Modified/deleted on post because of double/duplicate posting.  YM
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 02:12:01 am by YooperModerator » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #482 on: April 19, 2016, 12:03:10 am »

to be honest, I am sick and tired of how the press hypes up every single thing about Diana these days (and since the marriage).

Diana is dead and the Taj Mahal photo was a PR masterstroke. By Diana, not William and Kate. I am sick and tired of Diana to be honest.

I'm sick and tired of Diana being brought in; Diana was a daughter of an earl and she was used to royal ways, she was a lot more sophisticated. I do know that she's also someone who would have slapped William around for shirking his work and cohabiting with a girlfriend and not working hard at uni.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #483 on: April 19, 2016, 12:21:11 am »

Did the emotion get to William as he retraced his mother's steps at the Taj Mahal? Prince pictured wiping his eyes before putting on sunglasses after he and Kate posed on same bench as Diana

Prince William's visit to the Taj Mahal was bound to be nostalgic and tinged with memories after the mausoleum provided the stunning backdrop to one of the most iconic pictures of his late mother.
And visiting the historic building on Saturday and posing with Kate on the same marble bench as Princess Diana appeared to have left the Duke feeling emotional.
He was seen wiping the corner of his right eye as he and the Duchess left the landmark which is symbol of eternal love - but became one of the iconic images of Diana's failed marriage to Prince Charles 24 years ago.

In the photos believed to be taken after his visit to the bench, William is seen bringing his hand up to the side of his face as we walked with his back to the cameras.
He then put on his sunglasses, perhaps to hide his emotional display

As they came out William was asked: 'What has today's visit meant to you?' to which he replied 'It's a beautiful place, stunning designs in there.'
Kate added: 'It's been really incredible to learn about the romance of the building and really beautiful architecture.'
Kate described the Taj Mahal as the 'perfect' place to come just before her fifth wedding anniversary.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3546463/Prince-William-appears-emotional-Kate-retrace-mother-s-steps-Taj-Mahal.html#ixzz46DuJLEaY
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

UM it's called sweat it was like 35c /40c there

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Pepe Le Skew
Baroness

This is what it sounds like

« Reply #484 on: April 19, 2016, 12:58:30 am »

^ I was going to call sweat, too....but you beat me to it!   easter-James

Their comments about the Taj Mahal were as intellectual as ever.  Really glad the British public paid for their trip to see pretty buildings, difficult food, and poor people.  So generous of spirit, these two.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #485 on: April 19, 2016, 02:42:15 am »

An interesting aside. On the new monarchy website in the Future Engagements section there are a list of members of the royal family given. William, Kate, Harry and Andrew aren't in that list. Now I am not suggesting that these four aren't members of the RF but that they aren't communicating, at all, with the main office about their plans for engagements. Charles and Camilla often don't put their engagements on the official site but they are at least listed on that site.

An update to this thought.

Harry now appears on the drop-down menu.

I have read elsewhere that the original list didn't include Charles and Camilla but it does now - and they have an engagement now listed on the FE section of the site so it seems until a royal actually has something listed they are left off the list.

kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #486 on: April 19, 2016, 08:34:00 am »

to be honest, I am sick and tired of how the press hypes up every single thing about Diana these days (and since the marriage).

Diana is dead and the Taj Mahal photo was a PR masterstroke. By Diana, not William and Kate. I am sick and tired of Diana to be honest.

I'm sick and tired of Diana being brought in; Diana was a daughter of an earl and she was used to royal ways, she was a lot more sophisticated. I do know that she's also someone who would have slapped William around for shirking his work and cohabiting with a girlfriend and not working hard at uni.

I do agree. The press forces Diana-thing ( Kate and Diana) on people, I don't like it. Willy must take notice of his mother's death and must go on and live his life. In our minds we can imagine what Diana would say or do in different situations but what is the good of it.     

FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #487 on: April 19, 2016, 04:27:18 pm »

The NY Times has an interesting photo of the open car door behind Kate (#3 in the slideshow). Can anyone identify the green capped bottles behind the car seats &  the pink capped bottles in the side door ? Is it water or alcohol ?

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2016/04/14/fashion/india1/india1-superJumbo-v3.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2016/04/15/fashion/fashion-catherine-duchess-of-cambridge/s/india1.html
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #488 on: April 19, 2016, 05:45:50 pm »

^They look like hand sanitizer bottles to me.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #489 on: April 19, 2016, 05:51:58 pm »

it's water

http://www.webparx.com/living/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Best-Mineral-Water-Brand-in-India.jpg

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #490 on: April 19, 2016, 05:57:35 pm »

^Right.  I was referring to the bottles in the seat pockets.  Hand sanitizers are honestly a good idea if that's what they are.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #491 on: April 19, 2016, 06:00:03 pm »

yeah it is with all the hand shaking and touching hand sanitizers are a must

Val
Princess

« Reply #492 on: April 19, 2016, 11:08:27 pm »

http://www.bayoubuzz.com/bb/item/1061646-kate-middleton-s-latest-india-flash-keeps-her-as-royal-butt-of-wardrobe-malfunction-jokes

Great as ever
india
Princess

« Reply #493 on: April 19, 2016, 11:34:35 pm »

I would certainly want hand sanitizers if I were forced to be subjected to the Duke and Duchess of Crotchbridge. Since they both so openly fiddle with their private parts just imagine what they do when no one is looking.
FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #494 on: April 20, 2016, 05:12:32 am »

The elderly restaurant owner William & Kate had briefly met with:

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2016/04/11/mumbai-cafe-owner-and-fan-of-the-queen-gets-to-meet-prince-william-and-kate-middleton/
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #495 on: April 24, 2016, 12:15:04 am »

William and Kate in India and a Bollywood party
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srv9PfaQPUw

William and Kate´s Official Visit to India (Part 1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkGcu1HMxUo

William and Kate´s Official Visit to India (Part 2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUQWcxN6sgQ

The Duchess of Cambridge suffers a Marilyn moment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y93dBtRjJh8
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 12:17:32 am by Kuei Fei » Logged

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #496 on: April 24, 2016, 04:52:44 pm »

I wish everyone would just quit sugar coating The Potato Head's exhibitionist behavior. It is not a Marilyn Moment. She is a chronic flasher and is proud of it. She's been doing it for years. Look at what she did in school. Nut case lunatic.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #497 on: April 24, 2016, 06:11:28 pm »

This trip was pointless; nothing was gained for either India or Bhutan and no new trade deals, no new job opportunities, and basically William and Kate showed a complete lack of respect.

india
Princess

« Reply #498 on: April 24, 2016, 06:24:04 pm »

They show a complete lack of respect and they are know it all arrogant twit heads in addition.
FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #499 on: May 04, 2016, 12:16:51 am »

The magical story of how Kate picked out earrings without a mirror easter-James

How Prince William Fell in Love with Kate Middleton: Their Road to Happily Ever After
http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_21002894,00.html
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: