Royal Gossip
November 13, 2018, 11:19:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Terror attack in Brussels ! three explosions two at airport, one in subway!!!!  (Read 1379 times)
Akasha 85
courtier

« on: March 22, 2016, 12:59:14 pm »

Never thought I would ever type this but today there was a terror attack in Brussels. sob
This morning at around 8o clock two bombs went off at my job (I work as a security agent at the airport) an a thirth explosion in a subway station downtown near the Wetstraat (which is the prime minister's office)
Devastation is huge more than 30 killed an over 100 injured.

I'm fine (I work the late shift) but I'm worried about my co-workers at the airport! nervous

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35869254

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 01:12:51 pm »

I am thankful you are safe.   How unbelievably frightening.   Prayers for all.   
Vesper
Countess

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 01:13:35 pm »

I'm glad you are okay, I logged on to check up on you. My heart goes out to everyone in Brussels. And I hope your friends are okay as well.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 03:18:41 pm »

It must be beyond shocking to the system.  Whenever you can or feel up to it, please let me/us know how you are doing, how your fellow co-workers are and if there is anything we can do for you.   sorry

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/22/europe/brussels-explosions-latest-updates-live/index.html

ISIS supporters celebrate

While there's been no official claim of responsibility, many prominent ISIS supporters celebrated Tuesday's deadly terror attacks in Brussels on social media. One widely circulated Twitter post among these ISIS backers featured the words, "What will be coming is worse."

Live feed/updates on this horror.  ISIS has now claimed responsibility.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 04:01:52 pm by YooperModerator » Logged

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 06:54:01 pm »

I just thought: Akasha works there, glad you are okay.
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 07:35:55 pm »

Well
So far I got word of three co-workers that got minor injuries and one with mayor, she's in surgery right now.
Those a-holes used nail bombs for maximum damage so I think she got hit by a piece of scrapnel.... sob nervous

Main airport building will remain closed tomorrow but the outdoor security posts will remain open so I might have to go to work tomorrow.

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 07:38:19 pm »

Glad you're OK, Akasha.

hope your co-workers will be OK.

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 09:23:32 pm »

Correction: it wasn't shrapnel, it was a piece of the ceiling that hit her on the head apparently... autch

― Stuart Chase

― Deanna Wadsworth
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 09:29:18 pm »

^Either way, good grief!  It must be a rather uneasy feeling to return tomorrow although I know you're emotionally gifted to handle it.  I sincerely hope that your co-workers have not been hurt too badly and come through this with as little emotional and physical damage as possible.  Truly evil.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 09:36:42 pm »

Wish the best to your coworkers and that you shift will be safe and quick!

I read that a part of the ceiling went down completely. Though I haven't been reading much details. Same with the Paris attacks, it feels so near that I simply cannot.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 12:54:06 am »

Th endless repeat loop is starting to bug me.
The same  news and images over and over is pfft

― Stuart Chase

― Deanna Wadsworth
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 02:56:45 am »

^Do you have to go in to work today or is it too early to tell?  I hope you get a day to kind of get yourself as well as making sure all structures are safe for people.  It's so surreal, Akasha, so surreal.  I can only just imagine how it must feel on your end.   flower

Val
Princess

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2016, 04:25:07 pm »

http://www.bayoubuzz.com/bb/item/1061841-airports-can-protect-vs-isis-and-terror-by-going-fez-morocco-like
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: